tea party caucus requests 1 billion in earmarks

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Tea Party Caucus Takes $1 Billion In Earmarks - Hotline On Call

Have you integrity to denounce them?

Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus may tout their commitment to cutting government spending now, but they used the 111th Congress to request hundreds of earmarks that, taken cumulatively, added more than $1 billion to the federal budget.

According to a Hotline review of records compiled by Citizens Against Government Waste, the 52 members of the caucus, which pledges to cut spending and reduce the size of government, requested a total of 764 earmarks valued at $1,049,783,150 during Fiscal Year 2010, the last year for which records are available.

You shitlips wont anser this one huh?

Wow, I'm glad to see that you gave a whole 2 minutes for "shitlips" to respond. How very generous of you.

Don't you think you should probably give people just a little time to read the link you gave? Or are we just to take your word for what it says?

Rick

• Banned
willow is on board of course.

anyone else from the right willing to come here and defend what they have been screaming against?

Note the right wont comment on this development

its been 15 minutes, and you know what, get the dog out from behind the keyboard....no no no no... hold up PUT the dog behind the KB, that has to be an improvement. ...either way you are a minute from ignore anyway.

Fuck you , put me on ignore you fucking shitlipped chicken shit who cant even comment on teh fact that these assholes sold out your ideals in about two seconds.

You ignore all kinds of facts so why would I fucking care if you ignored me.

Cant comment on the issue huh?

You see what fucking iditos you are making of yourselves?

Members of the Congressional Tea Party Caucus may tout their commitment to cutting government spending now, but they used the 111th Congress to request hundreds of earmarks that, taken cumulatively, added more than $1 billion to the federal budget.

According to a Hotline review of records compiled by Citizens Against Government Waste, the 52 members of the caucus, which pledges to cut spending and reduce the size of government, requested a total of 764 earmarks valued at $1,049,783,150 during Fiscal Year 2010, the last year for which records are available.

Bachmann and 13 of her Tea Party Caucus colleagues did not request any earmarks in the last Fiscal Year, according to CAGW's annual Congressional Pig Book. But others have requested millions of dollars in special projects.

Those people are in the clear.

These guys are done for;

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.), for one, attached his name to 69 earmarks in the last fiscal year, for a total of $78,263,000. The 41 earmarks Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) requested were worth $65,395,000. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.) wanted $63,400,000 for 39 special projects, and Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) wanted $93,980,000 set aside for 47 projects.

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) takes the prize as the Tea Partier with his name on the most earmarks. Rehberg's office requested funding for 88 projects, either solely or by co-signing earmarks requests with Sens. Max Baucus (D) and Jon Tester (D), at a cost of $100,514,200. On his own, Rehberg requested 20 earmarks valued at more than $9.6 million.

The article talks about earmarks requested during FY 2010, which ended September 30th, 2010. The Tea Party caucus was formed in July by Michelle Bachmann, so it's not like the caucus was around for the entire year. One thing the article fails to show is when these earmarks were requested, so it's entirely possible some or even all were requested before the caucus was even formed.

Is it possible that some members joined just because they thought it would be good to be associated with the Tea Party movement? Sure, and they will likely be weeded out by the actual Tea Party members. I'm much more interested in seeing what they do going forward than looking backward and screeching "Gotcha!". YMMV.

Fuck you , put me on ignore you fucking shitlipped chicken shit who cant even comment on teh fact that these assholes sold out your ideals in about two seconds.

You ignore all kinds of facts so why would I fucking care if you ignored me.

What are the alleged earmarks for? If they help in job creation and ultimately pay for themselves in the long run then I don't see the problem.

Bachmann and 13 of her Tea Party Caucus colleagues did not request any earmarks in the last Fiscal Year, according to CAGW's annual Congressional Pig Book. But others have requested millions of dollars in special projects.

Those people are in the clear.

These guys are done for;

Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-Ala.), for one, attached his name to 69 earmarks in the last fiscal year, for a total of $78,263,000. The 41 earmarks Rep. Rodney Alexander (R-La.) requested were worth $65,395,000. Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.) wanted $63,400,000 for 39 special projects, and Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) wanted $93,980,000 set aside for 47 projects.

Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-Mont.) takes the prize as the Tea Partier with his name on the most earmarks. Rehberg's office requested funding for 88 projects, either solely or by co-signing earmarks requests with Sens. Max Baucus (D) and Jon Tester (D), at a cost of $100,514,200. On his own, Rehberg requested 20 earmarks valued at more than $9.6 million.

I like this guy. He shows on the list as having requested $65 million in earmarks, but is obviously living up to the principles of the Tea Party. How many others like this are on the list? I don't know, and the article isn't honest enough to say.

Alexander, for one, "stands with his fellow Republicans in the House in supporting the current earmark ban. Since joining the Tea Party Caucus in July, he has not submitted any earmark requests and has withdrawn his outstanding requests that were included in the most recent Water Resources Development Act," said Jamie Hanks, his communications director.

ear-piercing.jpg

Forum List

Back