California Proposition 1

Reasons for becoming Homeless are to many to list.

Mental Ilness is high on list. Drug addiction (many of mentally ill self-medicate). Many Homeless teens are escaping phyiscal or sexual abuse. Some Women are escaping an abusive spouse.

There vets on the street who have bad paper (anything a BCD - Bad Conduct Discharge. up to and a Dishonorable Discharge).

There are Homeless Families who lost their house or apartment due unemployment. Housing costs can lead to Homelessness as to high rents.

Medical Bankruptcy can force people on the street as well.

There are of course criminals on the street, avoiding the police. My former employer St. Anthony Foundation operates a Dining Room where at one time Charles Manson would eat from time to time. There was a man who was failed to get his PhD and killed his advisor with a hammer.

There is no quick, fast or easy way to get people off the street. Permanent Supportive Housing with on site-services would help. Access to showers, hair cuts and laundry is great. It is hard to find a job with you wear the same clothes everyday. There needs to place where people seeking employment can find clothes to match the job they are applying for and phones for perspective employer can call.

And that is just the begining.
talking all the border crossers

We’ve been over this since internet posting became big in 1999 or so. Even on Sports boards it flares up constantly. This subject actually created the Marxist clip-haired pierced Yahoo Silicon Valley moderator with a BAN button. But I digress……no one wants to hear any truth on homelessness they don’t agree with prior to.

Some forced roundup (yes like stray dogs) will be required under a Public health Emergency act. They will be transported far off to sites and locked down with basic living. Yes like Prison if need be. Not all, but many.

As noted above, it costs massive to become housed in CA. Not including water, utilities, food, transportation etc.

The high rise idea above is fairly new. But you can’t stack junkies 4 to a room in a 60 story deathtrap w/o security and monitoring etc…..there is more to this issue.

Last edited:
Nothing will be effective without a closed Southern Border. Maybe tens of millions deportations required simultaneously.

As opposed to just throwing people away?

Homelessness is a complex problem and there no fast and easy fix. I speak as a person who worked with the Homeless and at risk of Homeless.

I've read Prop. 1 and I have voted for Prop 1 (absentee voting). Newsom is NOT shipping Homeless to other states. Nor is he putting razor wire in the water, ReNaziKlan Governors do. Nor is Governor Newsom selling Gold Sneakers that are not yet in the process of manufactured and he sure as hell has not sold non-existent trading cards with money that does not exist. You want to talk about throwing money, you people do it gladly.
the illegal problem in Cal got out of hand decades ago....there aint anything that can be done about it now....the homeless problem is getting there...

As opposed to just throwing people away?

Homelessness is a complex problem and there no fast and easy fix. I speak as a person who worked with the Homeless and at risk of Homeless.

I've read Prop. 1 and I have voted for Prop 1 (absentee voting). Newsom is NOT shipping Homeless to other states. Nor is he putting razor wire in the water, ReNaziKlan Governors do. Nor is Governor Newsom selling Gold Sneakers that are not yet in the process of manufactured and he sure as hell has not sold non-existent trading cards with money that does not exist. You want to talk about throwing money, you people do it gladly.
With few exceptions, helping the homeless is a waste of time. The major barrier to increased housing is the government. Especially in California. Between regulations and the permitting process the cost of construction puts a modest 500 Sq ft, one bedroom one bath in the luxury price range.

Landlords are subjected to so many hostile rules and regulations for the protection of renter's rights that the only use for rental units is to keep them empty and off the market to use as a tax loss elsewhere.

Cal. is real bad. Few weeks ago we dropped off my girlfriend's dog at the sitters, which would otherwise be a nice neighborhood in the shithole town of Democrat Sacramento. Cross the street from us was a dude with his pants all the way down, and it looked like he'd spend the entire day pulling them up. Tents and such everywhere. Drugs and crime everywhere, like it's expected. Speaking as a Nevadan, I'm shocked at Cal. today. It's so bad.

As for Ca. govt. If the left makes a decision be sure it's the wrong one.

Cal. is real bad. Few weeks ago we dropped off my girlfriend's dog at the sitters, which would otherwise be a nice neighborhood in the shithole town of Democrat Sacramento. Cross the street from us was a dude with his pants all the way down, and it looked like he'd spend the entire day pulling them up. Tents and such everywhere. Drugs and crime everywhere, like it's expected. Speaking as a Nevadan, I'm shocked at Cal. today. It's so bad.

As for Ca. govt. If the left makes a decision be sure it's the wrong one.
Same thing for WA. Commie shithole Spokane is ~30 miles from Coeur d'Alene, ID. Rents and sales prices are substantially higher in ID as if they are telling the commies in Spokane to GTFO.

Forum List

Back