Tea parties and other constitutional issues

I don't have a problem with them investigating what happened. But Pelosi was dead on. A million dollars? For that?

Bullshit.
My point exactly. "That" is obviously not important to you. "That" being abuse of power violating the rules of Congress.[/QUOTE]

or perhaps she's making a cost/benefit analysis.

just to put things in perspective, they spent only 7 million dollars to investigate 9/11.

why would they need a million to find out what happened with regard to that particular vote.

i seem to recall the partisan types losing their collective minds because the admin was spending 2 million a year on computer systems to make public what our money is being spent on.

now THAT is selective, no?

Emma said:
I don't have a problem with them investigating what happened. But Pelosi was dead on. A million dollars? For that?

Bullshit.
My point exactly. "That" is obviously not important to you. "That" being abuse of power violating the rules of Congress.

just to put things in perspective, they spent only 7 million dollars to investigate 9/11.

why would they need a million to find out what happened with regard to that particular vote.

i seem to recall the partisan types losing their collective minds because the admin was spending 2 million a year on computer systems to make public what our money is being spent on.

now THAT is selective, no?

Did you not note that the complaint originated with a request that the violations go to ethics and Pelosi refused that?

Only now, because of the demand for money, it is in ethics, where it should have been and Pelosi damn well knew that.

Last edited:
I don't consider it a waste of resources to ensure accountability for abuses and violation of the rules of Congress (just as I don't consider paying a cop a salary and providing him/her with equipment a waste). Your mileage obviously differs. That's fine.

Bullshit.
My point exactly. "That" is obviously not important to you. "That" being abuse of power violating the rules of Congress.

Noooo. "That" as in a million was a ridiculously absurd amount to request to "investigate".

And what exactly would be "investigated"? What happened is right there on tape for all to see. There was a contested vote, Murtha violated the parliamentary rules, case closed. Fine him, rebuke him, make him sit in the corner, whatever. No one can ever convince me that "investigating" something that is right there for all to see should cost $1 million. Just click on C-span and watch the archive video of the events as they unfolded. I'd allow him $20.00 for sodas and popcorn while they viewed the tape. I'm not that cold-hearted, ya know.

Bullshit.

Noooo. "That" as in a million was a ridiculously absurd amount to request to "investigate".

And what exactly would be "investigated"? What happened is right there on tape for all to see. There was a contested vote, Murtha violated the parliamentary rules, case closed. Fine him, rebuke him, make him sit in the corner, whatever. No one can ever convince me that "investigating" something that is right there for all to see should cost $1 million. Just click on C-span and watch the archive video of the events as they unfolded. I'd allow him $20.00 for sodas and popcorn while they viewed the tape. I'm not that cold-hearted, ya know.

As I said above, the complaint originated with a request that the violations go to ethics and Pelosi refused that?

Only now (in the time frame of this violation), because of the demand for money, it is in ethics, where it should have been and Pelosi damn well knew that.

I don't care where it went. It's right there for all the world to see. The Dems tried to pull a fast one on the vote. It's not like that's some big secret. You don't need a million dollars to solve the riddle of what happened those two days. Hell, my four year old grandson could tell 'em, and he'd only charge a Spongebob DVD.

I don't care where it went. It's right there for all the world to see. The Dems tried to pull a fast one on the vote. It's not like that's some big secret. You don't need a million dollars to solve the riddle of what happened those two days. Hell, my four year old grandson could tell 'em, and he'd only charge a Spongebob DVD.
I DO care where it went. But for the request of Boehner, Pelosi and Murtha would have abused power and violated the rules of Congress.

I DO care where it went. But for the request of Boehner, Pelosi and Murtha would have abused power and violated the rules of Congress.

Pffft. They already had. And it was on videotape for the world to see.

He's all about the spongebob. Perhaps I can barter his services...

Pffft. They already had. And it was on videotape for the world to see.

He's all about the spongebob. Perhaps I can barter his services...
Ah, cartoons.

The passivity of the public is amazing.

Sorry but the TEA BAGGERS have ZERO credibility since they never said BOO while Bush was doubling the national debt and starting TWO unfunded wars.

Using that reasoning, a person who is ignorant of politics or the cost of being partisan for the sake of being partisan should keep on doing the same thing, because they didn't see the proverbial light sooner. That is illogical reasoning.

It is also what those who still frame their political convictions around talking points, the extreme leftwing blogs, and political parties say versus those who are focused on what the right ideals and ideas we should be fighting for which is what the Tea Partiers are attempting to do.

In case nobody has noticed, with very VERY few exceptions, the Tea Partiers are promoting no political party nor are they professing allegiance to one.

I saw this post and nearly chocked to death on my coffee!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? AT LEAST half the protesters had anti-Obama anti-Dem signs and the rest had signs that said shit like MORAN!!!! If you really beleive this shit then you are WAY too far gone. You see if it weren't for the "BLACK HELICOPTER" REICH wing extremists then I would consider going to a tea party to protest spending and stand up for our 1st and 2nd ammendment rights but I'll be damned if I will associate with those types of people.

Once again, the tea baggers, since all that yelling and smelling, have no creditibility with American public.

Jake, they ARE the American public. They promote neither the GOP or the DNC, despite what the media (when they have bothered to cover) would have you believe. They are white, black, hispanic, etc. They are just people who are pissed.

They were around during the Bush years, certainly the latter part, but they weren't quite as active and the media didn't cover it.

Oh, and as a point of interest - it is TEA, not tea - Taxed Enough Already.

Weren't QUITE as active!!!??? Nothing like a Fox news astroturf movement to get people "ACTIVE"!

The latest example? That happened over 2 years ago, during the previous Congress, not the current one.
:lol:

This is why the teabaggers have no credibility...they lie. They expect somehow to convince us that they are honest and politicians are liars. But they are just as much liars as politicians are...

Oh, and the fact that they were nonexistent under Bush is the other main reason they have no credibility...but that's almost besides the point. The lying is their biggest problem.

Bullshit.

now THAT is selective, no?[/QUOTE]

How much were the investigations of the Clintons? Do you think that was money "WELL" spent? That "special" prosecutor should have been himself investigated for FRAUD and MASSIVE waste of public funds.

How much has been spent investigating the TEN BILLION $$$$ that literally DISAPPEARED in Iraq as well as a LARGE # of small arms that have gone missing. Mark my words someone is building their WHETT dream of a private army with OUR money that will make Iran/Contra look like a JOKE!

The latest example? That happened over 2 years ago, during the previous Congress, not the current one.
:lol:

This is why the teabaggers have no credibility...they lie. They expect somehow to convince us that they are honest and politicians are liars. But they are just as much liars as politicians are...

Oh, and the fact that they were nonexistent under Bush is the other main reason they have no credibility...but that's almost besides the point. The lying is their biggest problem.

If they had been there during Bush I would likely be marching with them right now though I would try to take away all the "BLACK HELICOPTER" type signs away lest we be viewed as FOOLS!

Using that reasoning, a person who is ignorant of politics or the cost of being partisan for the sake of being partisan should keep on doing the same thing, because they didn't see the proverbial light sooner. That is illogical reasoning.

It is also what those who still frame their political convictions around talking points, the extreme leftwing blogs, and political parties say versus those who are focused on what the right ideals and ideas we should be fighting for which is what the Tea Partiers are attempting to do.

In case nobody has noticed, with very VERY few exceptions, the Tea Partiers are promoting no political party nor are they professing allegiance to one.

I saw this post and nearly chocked to death on my coffee!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? AT LEAST half the protesters had anti-Obama anti-Dem signs and the rest had signs that said shit like MORAN!!!! If you really beleive this shit then you are WAY too far gone. You see if it weren't for the "BLACK HELICOPTER" REICH wing extremists then I would consider going to a tea party to protest spending and stand up for our 1st and 2nd ammendment rights but I'll be damned if I will associate with those types of people.

The sad part about this is that you actually believe it.

Some of the protesters had anti-Obama signs but these were few in number and the majority were not anti the man but anti his policies. But, most had anti-Government signs.

Of course, the left supporting media - who had their own agenda when reporting the protests - made it LOOK as though the majority were 'racist', 'nutjob' 'idiot' etc etc etc. You are being manipulated by the media.

You don't want to associate with these people. Then I suggest you stay away from your friends and neighbors - because if not, you are probably associating with them.

No, at least half the protesters did not carry anti-Obama or anti-Dem signs, and those who are intellectually honest acknowledge that. Most were carrying anti-big government, anti-irrespnsible stimulus package, anti-excessive taxation kinds of signs. There were some signs critical of Obama and his policies and dishonest rhetoric,yes, and there were some signs criticial of the Democratic leadership and their policies and dishonest tactics, yes. That is not the same thing as being pro-Republican however, and you have to really hunt through tens of thousands of demonstrators/protesters to find any pro-GOP signs. It is Obama and the Democrats who hold all the power you know.

Moreover, with very few exceptions, the signs carried were not vulgar or hateful or incendiary--they were nothing like the truly hateful signs that were common at protests of George W. Bush and/or his policies. The Tea Partiers and Tax Protesters were expressing anger at very real oppressive, irresponsible, and intrusive government policy that threatens the American way of life as we have known it.

Viva la Tea Partiers!!!! May the passion increase until there is REAL change that we can BELIEVE in.

Sorry, the teabaggers are a joke.

They will fizzle into the scrapheap of history. Five years from now they will be the puncline to one of those "Do you remember those assholes?"

Funny--but I was at a tea party this last Saturday. Braving an ice storm & 10 degree temperatures over 400 showed up in my small rural town.

Tea--parties aren't shrinking--THEY'RE GROWING---:lol::lol:

View attachment 8404

damn right the tea parties are growing, next time there will be 20 million real americans protesting in DC.

Some of the protesters had anti-Obama signs but these were few in number and the majority were not anti the man but anti his policies. But, most had anti-Government signs.

Of course, the left supporting media - who had their own agenda when reporting the protests - made it LOOK as though the majority were 'racist', 'nutjob' 'idiot' etc etc etc. You are being manipulated by the media.

You don't want to associate with these people. Then I suggest you stay away from your friends and neighbors - because if not, you are probably associating with them.

how do you know all this, were you there and got a representative sample? where do you get your information? not from the media, right?

how do you know all this, were you there and got a representative sample? where do you get your information? not from the media, right?

if they don't want to be confused with "'racist', 'nutjob', 'idiot' " then they should stop acting like racially insensitive boors....

or maybe they want to go and call the most experienced jurist appointed to the supreme court in 70 years, an "affirmative action hire" again... you know, her being latina and all.

and then they're suprised people think they're racist... talk about a lack of self-perception.

or they can keep having racists like limbaugh as their spokespeople...

it's all the same to me.

Forum List

Back