Tea parties and other constitutional issues

You hope.

Calli Gurl...

You a teabagger?

Depends on what you view as a teabagger. I support their right to protest. I'm thrilled that people who have, until know, bitched around their kitchen tables have finally decided to get up off their asses and shout.

It is dangerous to dismiss these people. There are millions of them, despite what the media would have us believe. And if the government (and I mean all of them - not Obama) keep treating on them, they will bite back. And that day may well happen in 2010.

Personally, I'd like to see every one of them write 'none of the above' on their ballots. Fuck the DNC and the GOP, they are all pondscum who need to be kicked on to the unemployment lines.

I am a tea party person. Before that I was an anti-bailout protestor, before that I was an anti-patriot act protestor.

Its only now that I get some national coverage and just look at how the media lies and dishonestly characterizes thos of us who have. Sure when the anti-iraq nitwits howl the media covered it but they ignored the patriot act the whole time.

Dont get me started, i got company coming over :lol:

Sorry, the teabaggers are a joke.

They will fizzle into the scrapheap of history. Five years from now they will be the puncline to one of those "Do you remember those assholes?"

You mean like pretty much every single leftist march for whatever asshole cause du jour there's ever been?

The rhetoric is loud and shrill condemining the Tea Party movement, the Taxpayers' March on Washington, and any and all who dare challenge the tactics, motives, or agenda of the current Administration and Congress.

I try not to be intentionally confrontational or controversial in these forums, but I am becoming more and more convinced that there are those determined to forever change the America and the American way of life that many of us have come to know and love.

We have a Congress apparently unwilling to subject themselves to the laws they pass for the rest of us, who refuse to read the legislation they present, who intend to not allow us to see it until it is a done deal, who don't give a tinker's dam about ethics, and think we're too stupid to know it.

Here's the latest example:

YouTube - An Insult to Our Democracy

Is anybody else out there concerned about this?

It's called a Kangaroo Court.

They will fizzle into the scrapheap of history. Five years from now they will be the puncline to one of those "Do you remember those assholes?"

The Term "Tea Bagger" is derogatory, it was pinned on Tea Party Participants to degrade and ridicule. Look it up in the Urban Dictionary. It is hurtful to depict Grandma and Grandpa that way and really has no place in civilized discussion. I will continue to make reference to the term every time I see it.

Look what happened to the cap and tax bill that they rushed through the House.They added 300+ pages around 3 A M which no one on the GOP had a chance to read like 8 hours later. Then when the republican leader tried to have the pages read on the floor so they could question the additions they got their balls broken about it. The Dems finally gave in and let them read it but the issue is what the f is going on with this administration that said they would be up front about everything.

How can signing Legislation one neither has read or understands not violate oath of office?I don't care what side of the aisle one is on. Wake The Fuck Up!!!

The political whores didn't get into office on their own. The reason they get away with what they do, is because the employers (as a whole) of this Republic are lost in their apathy and ignorance, or drowning in their partisan Kool-Aid.

As long as employers keep acting and talking like helpless victims, the Republic will continue to decay. The overall attitude of the employers is pathetic. They are getting the pathetic government they deserve.

I agree with you for the most part here.
But as far the thread topic, what about the millions of people clustered around the middle who don't like what they see in Washington but don't think the tea partiers are the answer either? Choosing the whores or the Tea Partiers is a false dichotomy.

Free Speech allows for the Perspectives to be heard. It is part of the process.

Just like DeLay's party allowed the Dems to examine everything the GOP Congress did?

When the voters of this great Republic lost their apathy and ignorance and stopped drinking the neo-con koolaid, they kicked GOP butt in the last election. The point is this, Intense: you lost. Get used to it. Your type will be in the minority for the rest of your life.

Funny--but I was at a tea party this last Saturday. Braving an ice storm & 10 degree temperatures over 400 showed up in my small rural town.

Tea--parties aren't shrinking--THEY'RE GROWING---:lol::lol:

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Does anybody believe that Murthas' behavior was not outrageous and unethical?

I think it has become typical of the way some of our elected leaders are treating the minority and/or their constiuents.

And I hope it is making the 'tea baggers' madder than ever. The more of this kind of stuff we can keep in public view, the better chance we have to reform the system before they completely destroy it.

Sorry but the TEA BAGGERS have ZERO credibility since they never said BOO while Bush was doubling the national debt and starting TWO unfunded wars.

Using that reasoning, a person who is ignorant of politics or the cost of being partisan for the sake of being partisan should keep on doing the same thing, because they didn't see the proverbial light sooner. That is illogical reasoning.

Sorry but the TEA BAGGERS have ZERO credibility since they never said BOO while Bush was doubling the national debt and starting TWO unfunded wars.

Using that reasoning, a person who is ignorant of politics or the cost of being partisan for the sake of being partisan should keep on doing the same thing, because they didn't see the proverbial light sooner. That is illogical reasoning.

It is also what those who still frame their political convictions around talking points, the extreme leftwing blogs, and political parties say versus those who are focused on what the right ideals and ideas we should be fighting for which is what the Tea Partiers are attempting to do.

In case nobody has noticed, with very VERY few exceptions, the Tea Partiers are promoting no political party nor are they professing allegiance to one.

Once again, the tea baggers, since all that yelling and smelling, have no creditibility with American public.

# 6 above - no, they are simply unimportant and ignored by 97% of America
# 7 above - no chance at all

Can you not use the quote or multiquote facility?

Oh, and you're wrong. The TEA baggers are important and they are middle America - a group not noted for its 'get out and rattle the cage' attititude. They're mad and they are going to stay mad.

And in 2010 - we'll see.

Unfortunately they are selectively mad.

Once again, the tea baggers, since all that yelling and smelling, have no creditibility with American public.

Jake, they ARE the American public. They promote neither the GOP or the DNC, despite what the media (when they have bothered to cover) would have you believe. They are white, black, hispanic, etc. They are just people who are pissed.

They were around during the Bush years, certainly the latter part, but they weren't quite as active and the media didn't cover it.

Oh, and as a point of interest - it is TEA, not tea - Taxed Enough Already.

Here's the latest example:

YouTube - An Insult to Our Democracy

Is anybody else out there concerned about this?
The latest example? That happened over 2 years ago, during the previous Congress, not the current one. They must have really cleaned up their act, eh?

Am I concerned over that? Not particularly. The Republican response to that overblown incident did concern me, however:

Calls for investigation

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) disagreed on the appropriate actions needed to be taken in the 'stolen vote' dilemma from an early August dispute over a vote on an amendment. Boehner called for the need of $1 million for professional investigative staff, consultants and other expenses. Pelosi responded to Boehner's request with, "There is no reason for this review to become protracted as the committee’s charge is limited to a very small number of matters." After rejecting a resolution asking the ethics committee to probe the vote, Republicans instead decided to create a special panel for the same purpose. Boehner insisted that the panel should review more than the vote itself and also probe the three-hour shutdown of the automatic voting system. Answers are hoped to be found by the panel by September 30th.

$1 million to 'investigate' because the Republicans got their collective shorts in a knot. Rather ironic you'd bring up this incident in the same breath as the tea parties, considering they were all about wasteful government spending and stuff *wink*.

BTW, Cantor is a whiny-assed pussy.

Forum List

Back