What does the law say about border and immigration issues?

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

Well, what no one here seems to have ever acknowledged, especially the dimrats, is that Greg Abbott, America's hero, is not only a very good governor but that he is an ATTORNEY. He once served on the TX Supreme Court.

That does not make him legally in the right, I know. But how about that Article 1, Section 10 of the Constitution?

That AND the decision made by the US Supreme Court in 2012: Arizona v United States says that it is the executive branch that is SUPPOSED to (my words there) be in charge of the border and immigration.

So it is totally true (in case you wondered) that the president can indeed TODAY change the crisis at the border and stop all the illegals, drugs, and human trafficking going on at the southern border, not to mention the hundreds... yes, hundreds (!) of terrorists who have been apprehended.

The fact that he does not... and tries to make it look (to the uninformed) as though Congress should take care of the border

is telling, to say the least

:rolleyes:

Wow... Do usmb folks not care about the law anymore than the elite dimrats?

hmmm..

OK, on 2nd thought, I guess I can't assume that (yet)

:)

This is where you are confused, like most wingnuts.

The people crossing are following the law. They are presenting themselves and making their claim to asylum. They are then entitled to a hearing about whether their claims are valid or not.

The problem is, of course, is that these cases are not being heard in anywhere near a timely manner.

Well, what no one here seems to have ever acknowledged, especially the dimrats, is that Greg Abbott, America's hero, is not only a very good governor but that he is an ATTORNEY. He once served on the TX Supreme Court.

That does not make him legally in the right, I know. But how about that Article 1, Section 10 of the Constitution?

That AND the decision made by the US Supreme Court in 2012: Arizona v United States says that it is the executive branch that is SUPPOSED to (my words there) be in charge of the border and immigration.

So it is totally true (in case you wondered) that the president can indeed TODAY change the crisis at the border and stop all the illegals, drugs, and human trafficking going on at the southern border, not to mention the hundreds... yes, hundreds (!) of terrorists who have been apprehended.

The fact that he does not... and tries to make it look (to the uninformed) as though Congress should take care of the border

Telling is the case...I've already pointed out that the President has the authority under Title 8, to shut the border down, for as long as he deems necessary in the interest of the United States....

The fact that he tried to use the border as a 'blackmail' issue in order to get money out of Congress makes him a traitor....And he should be tried as such.

¡Give Tejas back to Mexico!

The people crossing are following the law. They are presenting themselves and making their claim to asylum. They are then entitled to a hearing about whether their claims are valid or not.

The problem is, of course, is that these cases are not being heard in anywhere near a timely manner.
The "claims" of asylum should be rejected outright AT the border. When you see groups of thousands of military men, and men only, that's a signal that they are being coached to say asylum then they're home free....

Again, Biden caused this, and Biden could stop it with a simple proclamation, but he won't, and that makes him a traitor.

The problem is that we're releasing them into the country and they don't come back. Anybody can make a bogus claim for asylum and then just don't show up. We need a change to the asylum and immigration laws to make them more restrictive, but Democrats would never vote for that. Presumed future votes and all.

And a lot of the people are not following the law otherwise they wouldn't be sneaking in through the holes.

I'm afraid that is NOT the only problem... but you don't listen to reason so I'll mosey along

.I've already pointed out that the President has the authority under Title 8, to shut the border down, for as long as he deems necessary in the interest of the United States....

The fact that he tried to use the border as a 'blackmail' issue in order to get money out of Congress makes him a traitor....And he should be tried as such.

WELL SAID!

Thank God that stupid bill died..

:thewave:

¡Give Tejas back to Mexico!
Didn't Mexico SELL TX to the US?

so you are proposing that was an illegitimate deal... figures

OK, I was wrong on this.. just Searched it and.. How could I forget? Well, TX history was never my main focus in studying history, but in any case, we Americans fought a war with Mexico and while they won the Alamo, they eventually lost that war

Last edited:
I'm afraid that is NOT the only problem... but you don't listen to reason so I'll mosey along
Joe doesn't think beyond the party line. He is a typical indoctrinated leftist that doesn't know how to think for himself.

Joe doesn't think beyond the party line. He is a typical indoctrinated leftist that doesn't know how to think for himself.
he's a puppet. He lets other crazy libs (I know, what other kind are there) whisper BS in his ear and.. I think he went dementia a LONG time ago and the far left is taking full advantage. That's why they don't try to find someone else. They know no one else would do what this pup-pet does..

The "claims" of asylum should be rejected outright AT the border. When you see groups of thousands of military men, and men only, that's a signal that they are being coached to say asylum then they're home free....

Again, Biden caused this, and Biden could stop it with a simple proclamation, but he won't, and that makes him a traitor.
Except that isn't what the law says.

So do you think that these "military men" are going to all suddenly change into their secret uniforms when they get to this side of the border?

So do you think that these "military men" are going to all suddenly change into their secret uniforms when they get to this side of the border?
you don't care what the law says

liberals couldn't care less about the law.. unless it happens they can twist it to say what they want so as to gain or retain political power..

Oh, the problem is a LOT more complex than that, but the first thing we need to do is stop letting the racists who are afraid an immigrant will date their daughter dictate the policies.
You are illogical

I don't like illogical people... Therefore, I will mosey along

First, I missed a word..."age", Military age men....

So, with that said, what uniforms did the terrorists on 9/11 wear? So, that was a supremely stupid thought on your part...

The truth is, that we don't really know who the hell is in this country right now. And that doesn't seem to bother you, but I am sure if you ask the 62 year old Grandma in NYC who just got dragged into a pole in concrete, by an asylum thug that have started assaulting people for their money, this is what Biden did....And this is why Biden will loose come November...

Forum List

Back