Tea parties and other constitutional issues

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
The rhetoric is loud and shrill condemining the Tea Party movement, the Taxpayers' March on Washington, and any and all who dare challenge the tactics, motives, or agenda of the current Administration and Congress.

I try not to be intentionally confrontational or controversial in these forums, but I am becoming more and more convinced that there are those determined to forever change the America and the American way of life that many of us have come to know and love.

We have a Congress apparently unwilling to subject themselves to the laws they pass for the rest of us, who refuse to read the legislation they present, who intend to not allow us to see it until it is a done deal, who don't give a tinker's dam about ethics, and think we're too stupid to know it.

Here's the latest example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8[/ame]

Is anybody else out there concerned about this?

Last edited:
Sorry, the teabaggers are a joke.

They will fizzle into the scrapheap of history. Five years from now they will be the puncline to one of those "Do you remember those assholes?"

The rhetoric is loud and shrill condemining the Tea Party movement, the Taxpayers' March on Washington, and any and all who dare challenge the tactics, motives, or agenda of the current Administration and Congress.

I try not to be intentionally confrontational or controversial in these forums, but I am becoming more and more convinced that there are those determined to forever change the America and the American way of life that many of us have come to know and love.

We have a Congress apparently unwilling to subject themselves to the laws they pass for the rest of us, who refuse to read the legislation they present, who intend to not allow us to see it until it is a done deal, who don't give a tinker's dam about ethics, and think we're too stupid to know it.

Here's the latest example:

YouTube - An Insult to Our Democracy

Is anybody else out there concerned about this?
Murtha is an insult....Those assholes have completely forgotten the ass kicking they got back in '94.

They will fizzle into the scrapheap of history. Five years from now they will be the puncline to one of those "Do you remember those assholes?"

The Teabaggers have no sand, and they will be gone by next summer.

So then you guys aren't the least bit concerned? You don't care that our elected leaders seem to be playing you for fools and simpletons too dumb to know you're being had? You think the Tea Partiers are the stupid ones?

Murtha is an insult....Those assholes have completely forgotten the ass kicking they got back in '94.

But then so can the American people have short attention spans too. What are the chances that the 'sins' in evidence now will be remembered enough to produce an 'ass kicking' in 2010?

# 6 above - no, they are simply unimportant and ignored by 97% of America
# 7 above - no chance at all

# 6 above - no, they are simply unimportant and ignored by 97% of America
# 7 above - no chance at all

Can you not use the quote or multiquote facility?

Oh, and you're wrong. The TEA baggers are important and they are middle America - a group not noted for its 'get out and rattle the cage' attititude. They're mad and they are going to stay mad.

And in 2010 - we'll see.

Look what happened to the cap and tax bill that they rushed through the House.They added 300+ pages around 3 A M which no one on the GOP had a chance to read like 8 hours later. Then when the republican leader tried to have the pages read on the floor so they could question the additions they got their balls broken about it. The Dems finally gave in and let them read it but the issue is what the f is going on with this administration that said they would be up front about everything.

Oh, and you're wrong. The TEA baggers are important and they are middle America - a group not noted for its 'get out and rattle the cage' attititude. They're mad and they are going to stay mad.

And in 2010 - we'll see.

I hope beyond hope that you're right that they'll stay mad, CG. They are our best, and perhaps our ONLY hope, to save the principles behind our Constitution and the intent for Republic it made possible.

And in 2010 - we'll see.

I hope beyond hope that you're right that they'll stay mad, CG. They are our best, and perhaps our ONLY hope, to save the principles behind our Constitution and the intent for Republic it made possible.

I know.

But you need to factor in that the Administration is pissing off middle America, and they may well stay mad until 2010.

The political whores didn't get into office on their own. The reason they get away with what they do, is because the employers (as a whole) of this Republic are lost in their apathy and ignorance, or drowning in their partisan Kool-Aid.

As long as employers keep acting and talking like helpless victims, the Republic will continue to decay. The overall attitude of the employers is pathetic. They are getting the pathetic government they deserve.

The political whores didn't get into office on their own. The reason they get away with what they do, is because the employers (as a whole) of this Republic are lost in their apathy and ignorance, or drowning in their partisan Kool-Aid.

As long as employers keep acting and talking like helpless victims, the Republic will continue to decay. The overall attitude of the employers is pathetic. They are getting the pathetic government they deserve.

I agree with you for the most part here.
But as far the thread topic, what about the millions of people clustered around the middle who don't like what they see in Washington but don't think the tea partiers are the answer either? Choosing the whores or the Tea Partiers is a false dichotomy.

But as far the thread topic, what about the millions of people clustered around the middle who don't like what they see in Washington but don't think the tea partiers are the answer either? Choosing the whores or the Tea Partiers is a false dichotomy.

I didn't say anything about choosing the tea party group.

The simple fact of the matter is "We The People" (as a whole) are getting the government they deserve. If they weren't so full of apathy, ignorance, and partisan Kool-Aid, they would realize that ugly fact, and do something meaningful to change the direction of this Republic. Instead, we have grown adults acting like spoiled immature brats telling one another, "my party is not as crappy as your party."

What gets the most attention on this board, and similar boards? It is the inane drivel. And this is from people that are supposed to be in the know, when it comes to politics.

The Teabaggers have no sand, and they will be gone by next summer.

By next summer we will have so much momentum that the senators will wake up with us teabagging them in the face during the election cycle.

Open up baby, you just got t-bagged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8NhrzqxEhc]YouTube - You Got Teabagged[/ame]

Its rude, its crude, and you totally earned it :lol:

The simple fact of the matter is "We The People" (as a whole) are getting the government they deserve. If they weren't so full of apathy, ignorance, and partisan Kool-Aid, they would realize that ugly fact, and do something meaningful to change the direction of this Republic. Instead, we have grown adults acting like spoiled immature brats telling one another, "my party is not as crappy as your party."

What gets the most attention on this board, and similar boards? It is the inane drivel. And this is from people that are supposed to be in the know, when it comes to politics.

"Interested" doesn't always mean "in the know", BGG. The cheerleaders and groupies are entitled to their opinions and to voice their opinions just like everybody else, but they're as small a percentage overall as the tea partiers. Most people care about their lives, and how what's going on in Washington and elsewhere affects their kids and their homes and their jobs. It's just a matter of tapping into that and having a real debate instead of all the rah rah pep rally stuff. There are plenty of people on this board and elsewhere who want to do that.

Wow. Awesome post.

I was so busy being a wise ass i missed it earlier. Damn man Kudos.

You hope.

Calli Gurl...

You a teabagger?

Depends on what you view as a teabagger. I support their right to protest. I'm thrilled that people who have, until know, bitched around their kitchen tables have finally decided to get up off their asses and shout.

It is dangerous to dismiss these people. There are millions of them, despite what the media would have us believe. And if the government (and I mean all of them - not Obama) keep treating on them, they will bite back. And that day may well happen in 2010.

Personally, I'd like to see every one of them write 'none of the above' on their ballots. Fuck the DNC and the GOP, they are all pondscum who need to be kicked on to the unemployment lines.

Forum List

Back