Tax the rich, lose the rich

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Last edited:
Not to mention that you could confiscate every $ of wealth from everybody and every corporation in this country and you would get about halfway towards paying off all the obligations.

It's like a family of 4 with a $300,000 mortgage, two $600 car notes, $30,000 in CC debt, 2 kids in $10,000/yr private schools and $50,000/yr income thnking they don't have a spending problem. Yeah, ok, it'd be great if you could make $200,000/yr... BUT YOU DON'T.

More Rich Americans Renounce U.S. Citizenship over Taxes - DailyFinance

Keep in mind that wealthy people represent the dynamic force in our economy, starting businesses, expanding existing businesses or investing in new or starting companies. That they want to take their marbles and leave is a bad sign for us.
All you "don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you" liberal class warriors can just STFU now.

Yeah and despite the fact that bush's tax cuts which were supposed to spur growth are still active while the wealthy that you are referring to chose and are choosing to pocket the tax breaks and have not used them to act as the dynamic force in our economy and are now asking for MORE.

Sometimes you have to say enough is enough. If they have the tax cuts but haven't used them for what they claimed they would use them for then why should they get more or even keep what they got??

I, for one, feel sorry for the wealthy. They do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I would like to continue giving them their tax cut, but we just can't afford it this year.
You see, the Tea Party reminded me that we are running this massive deficit and we really need to cut back on things that add to the defecit. Since this tax cut has added $2 Trillion we need to cut it out temporarily until we are on better financial footing.

I promise that once the wealthy stop sending our jobs overseas, and once that $13 trillion in debt is paid off.....they can have their tax cut back

Seems fair

I, for one, feel sorry for the wealthy. They do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I would like to continue giving them their tax cut, but we just can't afford it this year.
You see, the Tea Party reminded me that we are running this massive deficit and we really need to cut back on things that add to the defecit. Since this tax cut has added $2 Trillion we need to cut it out temporarily until we are on better financial footing.

I promise that once the wealthy stop sending our jobs overseas, and once that $13 trillion in debt is paid off.....they can have their tax cut back

Seems fair

Not all that make over 250K a year are sending jobs overseas. Likely, just a small percentage at best.

Not all that are making over 250K a year are living a wealthy lifestyle.

Just needed to make that clear.

Abraham Lincoln said it best!:

1)You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

2) You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

3) You can't bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

4) You can't lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

5) You can't (promote) the brotherhood of many by inciting class hatred

6) You can't build character and courage by taking away a mans initiative and independence

7) You can't help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves

These are the principles we must all remember when heading to the polls in november, and in the next presidential election.

The liberal/progressive agenda will destroy the very foundation of this country. That agenda must be attacked and destroyed.

Last edited:

Seems fair

Not all that make over 250K a year are sending jobs overseas. Likely, just a small percentage at best.

Not all that are making over 250K a year are living a wealthy lifestyle.

Just needed to make that clear.

I agree

I also don't think the Republicans should have lumped those who make $250,000 a year in with those who make $25 million a year. It was their way of protecting the super wealthy from tax increases

Last edited:
From your own article

As many as 743 people with American citizenship or legal resident status renounced their U.S. citizenship in 2009 -- three times as many as in 2008 -- which resulted in a waiting list for people to say farewell to the red, white and blue at the U.S. Embassy in London, according to the Financial Times. That represents a tiny fraction of the 7 million or so Americans living abroad, but does underscore the growing unease about the Obama administration's taxation policies among the wealthy, according to experts.

Many of those leaving the U.S. behind have dual nationality and may not have lived in the country for years. Others have lived overseas for so long that America no longer feels like home.

So the claim that they are RICH and are leaving the country for tax purposes is a little less than honest don't you think?? Especially since the article itself counters that claim.

Thanks for the "worthless opinon presented as fact post".

Last edited:

Seems fair

Nothing makes my blood boil more than government asking for more money. It's even worse that instead of seeing what's gong on we decide to go into class warefare over who should be paying the tax increase. The cop out the deficit is just too big, we have to raise taxes, is just that. EVERY politician in washington needs to be held accountable for the money they are spending, OUR money. The reason we have a huge deficit is not because us citizens aren't paying enough taxes. It's because the way in which our government collects taxes and spends them is an inherrently ineffecient system that requires little accoubtability on their part. The reason we have this huge deficit is because government thinks it is obligated to more than it really is and is horribly irresponsible with money. And now they have the nerve to ask for more? Knock off the class warfare people. You're just making it easier for them. The goal ought to be for EVERY american to pay only as much tax as is reasonable, necessary and is being spent efficiently.

Abraham Lincoln said it best!:

1)You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

2) You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

3) You can't bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

4) You can't lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

5) You can't (promote) the brotherhood of many by inciting class hatred

6) You can't build character and courage by taking away a mans initiative and independence

7) You can't help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves

These are the principles we must all remember when heading to the polls in november, and in the next presidential election.

The liberal/progressive agenda will destroy the very foundation of this country. That agenda must be attacked and destroyed.

Haven't we been through this a dozen times already?

Abe Lincoln never said that

Seems fair

Nothing makes my blood boil more than government asking for more money. It's even worse that instead of seeing what's gong on we decide to go into class warefare over who should be paying the tax increase. The cop out the deficit is just too big, we have to raise taxes, is just that. EVERY politician in washington needs to be held accountable for the money they are spending, OUR money. The reason we have a huge deficit is not because us citizens aren't paying enough taxes. It's because the way in which our government collects taxes and spends them is an inherrently ineffecient system that requires little accoubtability on their part. The reason we have this huge deficit is because government thinks it is obligated to more than it really is and is horribly irresponsible with money. And now they have the nerve to ask for more? Knock off the class warfare people. You're just making it easier for them. The goal ought to be for EVERY american to pay only as much tax as is reasonable, necessary and is being spent efficiently.

The problem is..

Bush BORROWED money to pay for the tax cut

BORROWING money adds to the deficit . We can't afford it

Once the deficit is paid off, they can have their tax cut back..I promise

Keep in mind that wealthy people represent the dynamic force in our economy, starting businesses, expanding existing businesses or investing in new or starting companies. That they want to take their marbles and leave is a bad sign for us.
All you "don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you" liberal class warriors can just STFU now.

So, what's your opinion on Kerry docking his boat in RI to pay less taxes? Is he justified in doing so, because high taxes drove him to it?

So, what's your opinion on Kerry docking his boat in RI to pay less taxes? Is he justified in doing so, because high taxes drove him to it?

I say he did what any normal American would have done. The fact that he backtracked on it is sadder to me than the fact that he did it to begin with.

He was being "normal" when he did it....He was being a camera hog image conscious asshole when he changed his position.

As many as 743 people with American citizenship or legal resident status renounced their U.S. citizenship in 2009

See full article from DailyFinance: More Rich Americans Renounce U.S. Citizenship over Taxes - DailyFinance

Oh no. OH NO. Just WHAT are you people going to do without these 743 individuals? Oh no. Now you're really fucked. You're really going to go the way of Denmark. I heard the country's totally emptied out since the 70s.

Its really funny to see the righties worship at the alter of the unber wealthy

Actually, we admire the success of the people that create the jobs in this countrry.

It gives us drive to acheive success ourselves.

As a result, this layed off jerk of years ago, opted to become one of those job creators.

ANd now I have a nice group of people working witrh me and a nice book of clients appreciative of my service.

You can go back to sleep now TM.

Seems fair

do you want to get rid of all the bush tax cuts, or just those that affect the wealthiest americans? how is raising everyone's taxes going to help out this economy? did you ever think that one of the reasons "the wealthy send our jobs overseas" is because the US has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world?

Actually, we admire the success of the people that create the jobs in this countrry.

As a result, this layed off jerk of years ago, opted to become one of those job creators.

ANd now I have a nice group of people working witrh me and a nice book of clients appreciative of my service.

Were you mega-rich when you started your business?

Yeap there it is, this fool actually thinks he will be one of the unber wealthy.

He imagines that no one who creates jobs in this country are Democrats.

Forum List

Back