Tax the rich, lose the rich

I wish they would realise that ther is no way in hell they will be allowed into the club.

I, for one, feel sorry for the wealthy. They do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I would like to continue giving them their tax cut, but we just can't afford it this year.
You see, the Tea Party reminded me that we are running this massive deficit and we really need to cut back on things that add to the defecit. Since this tax cut has added $2 Trillion we need to cut it out temporarily until we are on better financial footing.

I promise that once the wealthy stop sending our jobs overseas, and once that $13 trillion in debt is paid off.....they can have their tax cut back

Seems fair

do you want to get rid of all the bush tax cuts, or just those that affect the wealthiest americans? how is raising everyone's taxes going to help out this economy? did you ever think that one of the reasons "the wealthy send our jobs overseas" is because the US has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world?

If the money is applied to the deficit, I am willing to give up my entire Bush tax cut

We tried that "tinkle down" nonsense

The rich kept the money and sent jobs overseas. That is why the percentage of wealth held by the rich is expanding while the standard of living for the working class is diminishing

Its really funny to see the righties worship at the alter of the unber wealthy

Actually, we admire the success of the people that create the jobs in this countrry.

It gives us drive to acheive success ourselves.

As a result, this layed off jerk of years ago, opted to become one of those job creators.

ANd now I have a nice group of people working witrh me and a nice book of clients appreciative of my service.

You can go back to sleep now TM.

Were you mega-rich when you started your business?

Not a dime to my name and actually I was feeling like a vicitm of society. I was very down on myself, blmaed myt decision to jopin the military and blamed my boss for my poor attitude in the workplace.
My mom offered to bring me in and I refused. I took a job as a grocery store "pricer" and "bagger" and went to the library every evening for 3 months as I researched different ideas. (this was pre-internet).
I found a service industry that required nothing but a phone and my research capabilities and I built from there.
I made nothing my first year as I spread my name out there...and worked nights pricing groceries for living expenses....
And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but in that evil 5-7% category.
Have not laid off a single person since the recesson began. I take home less now than I did...I actually have a woman here who is making more than I am as I will not olower her slalry...I lowered my distribution...

THAT is the way MOST of us do it....not all of us.....most of us.

I, for one, feel sorry for the wealthy. They do so much for this country and ask for so little in return. I would like to continue giving them their tax cut, but we just can't afford it this year.
You see, the Tea Party reminded me that we are running this massive deficit and we really need to cut back on things that add to the defecit. Since this tax cut has added $2 Trillion we need to cut it out temporarily until we are on better financial footing.

I promise that once the wealthy stop sending our jobs overseas, and once that $13 trillion in debt is paid off.....they can have their tax cut back

Seems fair

Nothing makes my blood boil more than government asking for more money. It's even worse that instead of seeing what's gong on we decide to go into class warefare over who should be paying the tax increase. The cop out the deficit is just too big, we have to raise taxes, is just that. EVERY politician in washington needs to be held accountable for the money they are spending, OUR money. The reason we have a huge deficit is not because us citizens aren't paying enough taxes. It's because the way in which our government collects taxes and spends them is an inherrently ineffecient system that requires little accoubtability on their part. The reason we have this huge deficit is because government thinks it is obligated to more than it really is and is horribly irresponsible with money. And now they have the nerve to ask for more? Knock off the class warfare people. You're just making it easier for them. The goal ought to be for EVERY american to pay only as much tax as is reasonable, necessary and is being spent efficiently.

The problem is..

Bush BORROWED money to pay for the tax cut

BORROWING money adds to the deficit . We can't afford it

Once the deficit is paid off, they can have their tax cut back..I promise

Maybe he did, but thinking we got to the deficit problem we're in through Bush alone or even in large part is just partisan hackery. The problem is even if it was all his fault we have this huge deficit, what right does that give congress to pass their screwups on to John Q Taxpayer?

Its really funny to see the righties worship at the alter of the unber wealthy

Actually, we admire the success of the people that create the jobs in this countrry.

As a result, this layed off jerk of years ago, opted to become one of those job creators.

ANd now I have a nice group of people working witrh me and a nice book of clients appreciative of my service.

Yeap there it is, this fool actually thinks he will be one of the unber wealthy.

He imagines that no one who creates jobs in this country are Democrats.

Democrats?

I am not a republican. I am a conservative. I would have voted for Hillary had she won as I believed she was a better choice for our countrey than McCain.

You are way to partisan to debate. You will NEVER see the forest through the trees.

Seems fair

do you want to get rid of all the bush tax cuts, or just those that affect the wealthiest americans? how is raising everyone's taxes going to help out this economy? did you ever think that one of the reasons "the wealthy send our jobs overseas" is because the US has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world?

If the money is applied to the deficit, I am willing to give up my entire Bush tax cut

The rich kept the money and sent jobs overseas. That is why the percentage of wealth held by the rich is expanding while the standard of living for the working class is diminishing

How many jobs do you believe were sent overseas?

A better question....of the thousands of companies in America...how many sent jobs overseas?

I dont know the answer....but I bet it is within 5%.

Not a dime to my name and actually I was feeling like a vicitm of society. I was very down on myself, blmaed myt decision to jopin the military and blamed my boss for my poor attitude in the workplace.
My mom offered to bring me in and I refused. I took a job as a grocery store "pricer" and "bagger" and went to the library every evening for 3 months as I researched different ideas. (this was pre-internet).
I found a service industry that required nothing but a phone and my research capabilities and I built from there.
I made nothing my first year as I spread my name out there...and worked nights pricing groceries for living expenses....
And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but in that evil 5-7% category.
Have not laid off a single person since the recesson began. I take home less now than I did...I actually have a woman here who is making more than I am as I will not olower her slalry...I lowered my distribution...

There are many just like you who are not republicans.

There are even some of the 1 percent who are not republicans.

Why do you pretend they are all republicans?

Lib's just hate self-made men and women. They realize that it requires a work ethic, fortitude, and a never say die attitude.

I too am self-made. My family is taken care of for at least the next two generations. I didn't achieve success by sitting on my ass and waiting for someone else to provide it, I went after it. My wife went after it.

And yes, as someone who has provided well paying jobs and benefits to many people through the years, when success is taxed to the hilt, it does cause a closing of the purse strings. The liberal/progressives just don't get it.

Responsible Wealth | United for a Fair Economy

Responsible Wealth
Responsible Wealth, a project of United for a Fair Economy, is a network of over 700 business leaders and wealthy individuals in the top 5% of income and/or wealth in the US who use their surprising voice to advocate for fair taxes and corporate accountability. If you're in the top 5% (over $200,000 household income and/or over $1 million net assets) and you care about economic justice, please join Responsible Wealth today!

2010 is the year the Bush Tax Cuts were set to expire. RW is working to make sure that the tax cuts for upper-income households expire. Make sure your voice is heard by taking the Tax Fairness Pledge today (click on box at right for more information. -->)

Last edited:
GDP growth for Q2 has been revised downward to 2.6%.

At this point after the 1981 recession, we had growth rates of double to more than triple that level.

The proof is in the GDP Growth Pudding. Obamanomics is an Epic Fail.

As anyone with an ounce of common sense, economic literacy, and historical perspective knows: the more you tax something, the less of it you get; the more you subsidize something, the more of it you get.

Obamanomics subsidizes Big Government and taxes productivity. That's why unemployment is at unprecedentedly high levels for this stage of what is supposed to be an economic recover.

Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy Double Dip.

?[/QUOTE]

The rich kept the money and sent jobs overseas. That is why the percentage of wealth held by the rich is expanding while the standard of living for the working class is diminishing[/QUOTE]

and what evidence do you have that will lend you to believe that this congress or president is going to take that extra money and use it to pay down the deficit?

explain to me this. how has bill gates diminished the standard of living of hte working class? or warren buffet. or steve jobs. or larry ellison. you are making the argument that the wealthy have a bigger percentage of the pie while ignoring the fact that the entire pie has gotten signicantly bigger.

There are many just like you who are not republicans.

There are even some of the 1 percent who are not republicans.

Why do you pretend they are all republicans?

Exactlky where did I say they were all republicans?

What is with you and your "republican vs democrat" crap?

Soros is a great success. I admire him. He is a liberal, but I admire how he acheived great success.

I dont get it with you and your partisan crap. Dont you get it? This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a vision. I dont care what party you vote for. You can always have the same vision as I had. It has nothing to do with politics.

Jeez....you are so frustrating to debate with. You always go back to partisanship.

Give it a rest.

I wish they would realise that ther is no way in hell they will be allowed into the club.

I wish you would stop making excuses. There is no secret club. The barrier to it is your level of motivation. That is a FACT.

just look at the forbe's list of richest americans. the vast majority of them had nothing when they started out. the great thing about this country is you don't need a last name or title to join the club. just intelligence, hard work, and a little bit of luck.

I wish you would stop making excuses. There is no secret club. The barrier to it is your level of motivation. That is a FACT.

just look at the forbe's list of richest americans. the vast majority of them had nothing when they started out. the great thing about this country is you don't need a last name or title to join the club. just intelligence, hard work, and a little bit of luck.

dont forget...

You need the drive.

What gives people drive?

NEED!

Case closed.

Abraham Lincoln said it best!:

1)You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

2) You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

3) You can't bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

4) You can't lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

5) You can't (promote) the brotherhood of many by inciting class hatred

6) You can't build character and courage by taking away a mans initiative and independence

7) You can't help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves

These are the principles we must all remember when heading to the polls in november, and in the next presidential election.

The liberal/progressive agenda will destroy the very foundation of this country. That agenda must be attacked and destroyed.

Haven't we been through this a dozen times already?

Abe Lincoln never said that

He should have----do you have a problem with any of those principles ?

And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but inthat evil 5-7% category.

You pretend that those who disagree with you see wealth as evil.

We dont.

We see refusal to help this country as evil from the very people who have benifited teh MOST from society.

So tell me how you would opperate a business if everyone of the people you could employ were busy running their OWN business?

There has to be workers who just want a decent living for their families for you business to fucntion huh?

Do you think every one ot your employees are lazy assholes who refuse to do enough work to staret their own business?

Abraham Lincoln said it best!:

1)You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich

2) You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

3) You can't bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift

4) You can't lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down

5) You can't (promote) the brotherhood of many by inciting class hatred

6) You can't build character and courage by taking away a mans initiative and independence

7) You can't help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves

These are the principles we must all remember when heading to the polls in november, and in the next presidential election.

The liberal/progressive agenda will destroy the very foundation of this country. That agenda must be attacked and destroyed.

Haven't we been through this a dozen times already?

Abe Lincoln never said that

He should have----do you have a problem with any of those principles ?

Funny. I was thinking the same thing.

Just becuase someone never said it means that the principles themselves are not valid and worthy of following?

It is like...

"Because Glen Beck is the one who found it out, it is not worth worrying about"

SO If I am in a building and a guy I dont like screams "fire"....I will say..."who cares since you are the one warning me"

What is with people these days? Has logic become outlawed and I missed it?

good riddance. If you fat bitches want to go live in India and China then feel free. Or, laughably, when you find that your source of income is snatched from your hands after leaving feel free to cry about it in whatever third world nation that makes your shitty products.

eat your own fucking cake, you entitled wannabe ironic bastards.

Forum List

Back