Tax the rich, lose the rich

Its really funny to see the righties worship at the alter of the unber wealthy

Its more funny to see the lefties (dems) COVETING what the righites (cons) have. Especially since the lefties are the ones salivating to have that wealth be spread around.

Last edited:
Were you mega-rich when you started your business?

Not a dime to my name and actually I was feeling like a vicitm of society. I was very down on myself, blmaed myt decision to jopin the military and blamed my boss for my poor attitude in the workplace.
My mom offered to bring me in and I refused. I took a job as a grocery store "pricer" and "bagger" and went to the library every evening for 3 months as I researched different ideas. (this was pre-internet).
I found a service industry that required nothing but a phone and my research capabilities and I built from there.
I made nothing my first year as I spread my name out there...and worked nights pricing groceries for living expenses....
And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but inthat evil 5-7% category.
Have not laid off a single person since the recesson began. I take home less now than I did...I actually have a woman here who is making more than I am as I will not olower her slalry...I lowered my distribution...

THAT is the way MOST of us do it....not all of us.....most of us.

You pretend that those who disagree with you see wealth as evil.

We dont.

We see refusal to help this country as evil from the very people who have benifited teh MOST from society.

So tell me how you would opperate a business if everyone of the people you could employ were busy running their OWN business?

There has to be workers who just want a decent living for their families for you business to fucntion huh?

Do you think every one ot your employees are lazy assholes who refuse to do enough work to staret their own business?

Actually...one item at a time...

Maybe if people like you diod not always talk about the wealthy as evil, we would not think that you saw all wealthy as evil.

Maybe if Obama siad it thisa way:

"we are in dire times. We need to turn to the more successful; the more comfortable and ask them to help us out as we deal with this very difficult recovery. People need help and as much as we hate to put the burden on others to assist our recovery, we have no choice. But we, as Americans, need to remember that those people are helping us. We should not look down on them for their wealth and we should not chastise them for it. We should consider ourselves lucky to have them here to assist us"

Just MAYBE there would be a little less anger? Maybe?

I have had 3 employees in 20 years go off on their own. I not only encouraged them, but I financially assisted one of them.

One of the others? His son graduyated college and he asked if I can bring him on as he, himslef built his own company...and I did...and now he is working with his dad.

The third one? Moved to the west coast doing exactly what I do with the exact samer clients but for their west coast operations.

And how dare you assume I see my people as lazy assholes. They are my friends. My co-workers.

You are really screwed up with your thinking.

Note to liberals:

Eventually, you run out of other people's money to be generous with.

Note to con$ervative corporatists:

You started a useless war (ironically, for profit) with "other people's" money and then proceeded to "lose" what, 12 billion of that? Pay that back and then we'll talk about spending "other people's money". China is waiting for the mortgage payment, by the way...

Not a dime to my name and actually I was feeling like a vicitm of society. I was very down on myself, blmaed myt decision to jopin the military and blamed my boss for my poor attitude in the workplace.
My mom offered to bring me in and I refused. I took a job as a grocery store "pricer" and "bagger" and went to the library every evening for 3 months as I researched different ideas. (this was pre-internet).
I found a service industry that required nothing but a phone and my research capabilities and I built from there.
I made nothing my first year as I spread my name out there...and worked nights pricing groceries for living expenses....
And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but inthat evil 5-7% category.
Have not laid off a single person since the recesson began. I take home less now than I did...I actually have a woman here who is making more than I am as I will not olower her slalry...I lowered my distribution...

You pretend that those who disagree with you see wealth as evil.

We dont.

We see refusal to help this country as evil from the very people who have benifited teh MOST from society.

So tell me how you would opperate a business if everyone of the people you could employ were busy running their OWN business?

There has to be workers who just want a decent living for their families for you business to fucntion huh?

Do you think every one ot your employees are lazy assholes who refuse to do enough work to staret their own business?

Actually...one item at a time...

Maybe if people like you diod not always talk about the wealthy as evil, we would not think that you saw all wealthy as evil.

Maybe if Obama siad it thisa way:

"we are in dire times. We need to turn to the more successful; the more comfortable and ask them to help us out as we deal with this very difficult recovery. People need help and as much as we hate to put the burden on others to assist our recovery, we have no choice. But we, as Americans, need to remember that those people are helping us. We should not look down on them for their wealth and we should not chastise them for it. We should consider ourselves lucky to have them here to assist us"

Just MAYBE there would be a little less anger? Maybe?

I have had 3 employees in 20 years go off on their own. I not only encouraged them, but I financially assisted one of them.

One of the others? His son graduyated college and he asked if I can bring him on as he, himslef built his own company...and I did...and now he is working with his dad.

The third one? Moved to the west coast doing exactly what I do with the exact samer clients but for their west coast operations.

And how dare you assume I see my people as lazy assholes. They are my friends. My co-workers.

You are really screwed up with your thinking.

You never answered the question.

There is a place in this country for workers for businesses to employ.

Without employees there is NOTHING but small business opportunity.

You all here insult all the left by saying we are JUST ENVIOUS of the uber wealthys success instead of facing the FACT that people who make even more than you agree with our positions on the value of corps giving back to the country that made their sucess possible.

You all pretend Soros is evil because he agrees.

And here I am years later....not "unber wealthy:eusa_whistle:"....but in that evil 5-7% category.

There are many just like you who are not republicans.

There are even some of the 1 percent who are not republicans.

Why do you pretend they are all republicans?

Exactlky where did I say they were all republicans?

What is with you and your "republican vs democrat" crap?

Soros is a great success. I admire him. He is a liberal, but I admire how he acheived great success.

I dont get it with you and your partisan crap. Dont you get it? This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a vision. I dont care what party you vote for. You can always have the same vision as I had. It has nothing to do with politics.

Jeez....you are so frustrating to debate with. You always go back to partisanship.

Give it a rest.

As I eluded to, it is class envy. It really is that people like righty and Truth just don't get it. Studies have actually been done about how people become wealthy. The FACT is most of them don't come from money. They are highly motivated and generally extremely frugal with their money.

just look at the forbe's list of richest americans. the vast majority of them had nothing when they started out. the great thing about this country is you don't need a last name or title to join the club. just intelligence, hard work, and a little bit of luck.

You need to demonstrate that. I will admit a few sports figures started at the bottom, but they are exceptions. I know a fair number of well to do people, and most inherited enough to get them started. A few inherited all of it, others married into money, or work an occupation that pays very well. None of these people started with nothing - all had the benefits of a upper middle class life style and the perks it brings. Having the luck to get richer doesn't mean you started from nothing. The Waltons sure as hell didn't start with nothing, same with Gates et al.

There is nothing wrong with this but please don't believe the rich make jobs, they do not, unless the investment loonies count as real jobs. The rich enjoy living in a society that provides the infrastructure, technology, and people power to live well. Aside from the illegal who mows the lawn or the Bentley mechanic changing their oil these are hardly peaches and cream dream jobs.

UBI and the Flat Tax

"On moral grounds, then, we could argue for a flat income tax of 90 percent to return that wealth to its real owners. In the United States, even a flat tax of 70 percent would support all governmental programs (about half the total tax) and allow payment, with the remainder, of a patrimony of about $8,000 per annum per inhabitant, or $25,000 for a family of three. This would generously leave with the original recipients of the income about three times what, according to my rough guess, they had earned."

The rich get rich because of their merit.

"The social aspect of wealth accumulation can be seen in the following statistic: between 1975 and 1992, the amount of national household wealth owned by the richest 1 percent rose from 22 to 42 percent. (7) Does this mean the richest 1 percent suddenly became twice as smart or productive? Does this mean that someone in the top 1 percent is 71 times smarter or more personally productive than anyone in the bottom 99 percent? Of course not. Social factors must be responsible for such tremendous differences, even if these are simply the dynamics of the market. What this means is that conservative talk of "merit" is misguided, and not a little ironic. "

=============== 1990 1995 Percent change

Average CEO pay $2.34 million $3.86 million +65%
Average worker pay $27,615 $27,448 -0.6%
Corporate profits $212 billion $317 billion +50%
Worker layoffs 316,047 persons 439,882 persons +39%

Last edited:
Note to liberals:

You started a useless war (ironically, for profit) with "other people's" money and then proceeded to "lose" what, 12 billion of that? Pay that back and then we'll talk about spending "other people's money". China is waiting for the mortgage payment, by the way...

Sadly, you fell for the rhetoric.

Any idea how many corporations there are in America?

Any idea how many were part of that "useless war" you speak of?

Yet you group all of corporate America together.

Why?

Note to liberals:

Bin Laden started the war--ever read his declaration?

Responsible Wealth | United for a Fair Economy

Responsible Wealth
Responsible Wealth, a project of United for a Fair Economy, is a network of over 700 business leaders and wealthy individuals in the top 5% of income and/or wealth in the US who use their surprising voice to advocate for fair taxes and corporate accountability. If you're in the top 5% (over $200,000 household income and/or over $1 million net assets) and you care about economic justice, please join Responsible Wealth today!

2010 is the year the Bush Tax Cuts were set to expire. RW is working to make sure that the tax cuts for upper-income households expire. Make sure your voice is heard by taking the Tax Fairness Pledge today (click on box at right for more information. -->)

These people KNOW this country will fail without a healthy middle class.

There are many just like you who are not republicans.

There are even some of the 1 percent who are not republicans.

Why do you pretend they are all republicans?

Exactlky where did I say they were all republicans?

What is with you and your "republican vs democrat" crap?

Soros is a great success. I admire him. He is a liberal, but I admire how he acheived great success.

I dont get it with you and your partisan crap. Dont you get it? This has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with a vision. I dont care what party you vote for. You can always have the same vision as I had. It has nothing to do with politics.

Jeez....you are so frustrating to debate with. You always go back to partisanship.

Give it a rest.

As I eluded to, it is class envy. It really is that people like righty and Truth just don't get it. Studies have actually been done about how people become wealthy. The FACT is most of them don't come from money. They are highly motivated and generally extremely frugal with their money.

Yep!

My grandad came over from Poland. Made a mint here. Long story short, he built a company, sold it in the 60's and bought NYC real estate. The sold the Real Estate in the 80's. Then he died and left it to my dad. My dad blew it all on fast cars, and easy women (parents divorced and I lived in a 3 bedroom apt. with mom and two siblings).

I came out of military, went to school,(Syracuse) graduated.....and had nothing.

Moral?

Grandad....poor to rich
dad.....rich to poor
me......poor to comfotrtable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jarhead outs himself for just what I claimed he was saying.

Responsible Wealth
Responsible Wealth, a project of United for a Fair Economy, is a network of over 700 business leaders and wealthy individuals in the top 5% of income and/or wealth in the US who use their surprising voice to advocate for fair taxes and corporate accountability. If you're in the top 5% (over $200,000 household income and/or over $1 million net assets) and you care about economic justice, please join Responsible Wealth today!

2010 is the year the Bush Tax Cuts were set to expire. RW is working to make sure that the tax cuts for upper-income households expire. Make sure your voice is heard by taking the Tax Fairness Pledge today (click on box at right for more information. -->)

They are correct......the country will fail without a healthy middle class.

I believe they are wrong as to how to acheive it.

Note to liberals:

Note to Mr. Peepers:

monkeyappalled.jpg

Responsible Wealth

They are correct......the country will fail without a healthy middle class.

I believe they are wrong as to how to acheive it.

How is going futher into debt to save the rich going to build a middle class?

There is nothing wrong with this but please don't believe the rich make jobs, they do not, unless the investment loonies count as real jobs. The rich enjoy living in a society that provides the infrastructure, technology, and people power to live well. Aside from the illegal who mows the lawn or the Bentley mechanic changing their oil these are hardly peaches and cream dream jobs.

Who exaclty then is starting businesses? Did they manifest themselves out of thin are? NO. PEOPLE start businesses. If those businesses are successfull, those people then hire more people so they can make more money. This is called a JOB creation. What the fuck are you talking about?

Last edited:
As many as 743 people with American citizenship or legal resident status renounced their U.S. citizenship in 2009

See full article from DailyFinance: More Rich Americans Renounce U.S. Citizenship over Taxes - DailyFinance

Oh no. OH NO. Just WHAT are you people going to do without these 743 individuals? Oh no. Now you're really fucked. You're really going to go the way of Denmark. I heard the country's totally emptied out since the 70s.

The sad thing is that even their own source shows that not all of them are leaving because of taxes. In fact it doesn't give any real numbers as to how many are actually leaving due to the taxes which haven't really changed since W but that doesn't stop them from making up shite as they go along.

That and the prime example that the article gives is a guy who did so in 1968 which has NOTHING to do with obama.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back