Tacos and Other Possibly Illegal Food

I've always been partial to white stone ground. They must be hot because a cold one is terrible. And always juicy, just enough to lick your fingers but not so much to make a mess all over.

I've always been partial to white stone ground. They must be hot because a cold one is terrible. And always juicy, just enough to lick your fingers but not so much to make a mess all over.

Exactly: if you gotta lick taco juice off your elbow, then things have gotten out of control.

I have to say that some of you do seem to have your act together on this. We New Mexicans can sometimes be a bit snobbish when it comes to proper Mexican food, but we probably don't corner the whole market. :)

New Mexico is the only state with an official state question approved by the legislature and signed by the governor though: "Red or Green?"

I have to say that some of you do seem to have your act together on this. We New Mexicans can sometimes be a bit snobbish when it comes to proper Mexican food, but we probably don't corner the whole market. :)

New Mexico is the only state with an official state question approved by the legislature and signed by the governor though: "Red or Green?"

And we have our own state cookie too.

I though NM was the only state that had a Constitution written in Spanish?

I've vacationed in Albequerque....went up the mountain, bought a sweater....drove through Santa Fe and stopped for lunch....but I gotta tell yas, I don't think you miss much by driving through NM at night and it might increase the opportunity for a UFO to stop and probe you.

did i mention that i know how to remove an octupus without harming it or the person?

<---has many valueable and unvalueable hidden talents

And we have our own state cookie too.

Why not 1/2 & 1/2??? Huh????

Your chilies are not hot enough, your insurance is too high, & your traffic jams don't even make any sense. So there!!! Your chinese food sucks too!!! :eek: ;) :lol:

I've vacationed in Albequerque....went up the mountain, bought a sweater....drove through Santa Fe and stopped for lunch....but I gotta tell yas, I don't think you miss much by driving through NM at night and it might increase the opportunity for a UFO to stop and probe you.

Albuquerque has great sunsets!

Ya know, whenever I hear anyone say this I wonder: "Where the hell are they that never has seen a sunset?"

I've never lived anywhere that didn't have a sunset that wasn't good on occasion, and sometimes even "great."

Ya know, whenever I hear anyone say this I wonder: "Where the hell are they that never has seen a sunset?"

I've never lived anywhere that didn't have a sunset that wasn't good on occasion, and sometimes even "great."

I've been through most of the lower 48, Albuquerque is among the best cities I've seen, I did live there for a year. My only problem was the water. Water rights are a problem outside of the city. It is a beautiful landscape. Maybe you need to spend more time outside of the watering holes? ;)

The Southwest has great sunsets probably because all of the dust in the atmosphere. Flagstaff was great that way too! Places there above 5000 ft have that cool down effect at night that makes the summers bearable.

I've been through most of the lower 48, Albuquerque is among the best cities I've seen, I did live there for a year. My only problem was the water. Water rights are a problem outside of the city. It is a beautiful landscape. Maybe you need to spend more time outside of the watering holes? ;)

We lived in the Sandias for a number of years before moving into the city. Water rights aren't all that big an issue in the rural areas though it is a struggle to enforce zoning laws intended to protect the ground water. Potability of the water out there is a crap shoot though. We had a great artesian well with good tasting water, but it was so hard that it was practically a meal unto itself and that can be a problem. The folks just across our little valley had very soft water but so high in sulphur content they had to install a revese osmosis system to make it drinkable.

Albuquerque does have a great climate with neither really severe summers nor winters. I would like more rain but guess few places are perfect. But like many cities, it has much to commend it and much to condemn it but they say if you wear out a pair of shoes here, you'll never voluntarily leave. We're still here. :)

Forum List

Back