Swiss: Rapist rapes his therapist on his first day parole

She is probably dead.

I can't imagine why an educated professional would get in the car with a criminally insane person. When I was at Vanderbilt a fellow student got snookered by the doctors into driving a patient who had to go to court back to the institute and our prof had a shit fit over it. Getting personally involved with patients is a no no. I didn't see any indication of personal involvement, but she should not have been alone with him outside of a controlled environment.

As mental health providers we always have to be aware of our own countertransference. I have a tendency to like the antisocials. They are often very charming and solicitous. But once they get you where they want to then you are done for. That is an occupational hazard and every mental health provider really needs to understand their own feelings. Any time I found myself liking a patient, I stopped and did a second and third look about what was going on.

After 25 years, I have no misconceptions about the ability of anyone to 'rehabilitate' a criminal. It rarely happens, if ever. Many of them don't commit crimes out of need or want. For some it is a game to see what they can get by with.

Last edited:
I can't imagine why an educated professional would get in the car with a criminally insane person.
Its our European "mentality". "We" believe in the goodness of the offenders, then they strike again.

Well, from his picture in the article, this guy looked like 'every mother's son.' I found working in the prisons most of them do. They can pull out a sympathy line that will have you crying in your coffee. It's just how they roll. And if you aren't careful they pull out the shank and kill you. A mental health worker was killed by an inmate at one of the prisons where I worked. You look at them in a motherly way, but they are looking at you and sizing you up to be their next victim.

Well, from his picture in the article, this guy looked like 'every mother's son.' I found working in the prisons most of them do. They can pull out a sympathy line that will have you crying in your coffee. It's just how they roll. And if you aren't careful they pull out the shank and kill you. A mental health worker was killed by an inmate at one of the prisons where I worked. You look at them in a motherly way, but they are looking at you and sizing you up to be their next victim.
Experience teaches us, those guys are not able to keep their hand off the girls. They need a appropriate treatment. And why should rapists get their share of kindness and affection, while "normal" criminals doesn´t?

Update:
The monster cut his therapist´s throat with a knife it was allowed to buy by the therapist. Unbelievable.

Experience teaches us, those guys are not able to keep their hand off the girls. They need a appropriate treatment. And why should rapists get their share of kindness and affection, while "normal" criminals doesn´t?

I don't know the answer to your question. But I can tell you that rapists who murder their victims have issues beyond just being a rapist. I can also tell you that 'treatment' doesn't always work. He likely got plenty of treatment while incarcerated and he was also getting it on parole. He just chose to rape and kill the therapist who was providing it.

Stalkers are also rarely 'cured.' We had one in a little burg outside Nashville who was incarcerated for a year for stalking a local MD. When he got out, he murdered her.

Elizabethton Star - Google News Archive Search

I, myself, have worked with a number of people like this over my 25 year career in psychiatry. With some of t hem, I would have another staff member sit in on the session for my safety. They are dangerous. That is why I bought my house in BFE Kentucky. I'm not on the internet databases, and GPS will get you lost coming here. People can't see my house when they are right in front of it. All of that is by design.

Why the hell was this guy assigned a female therapist? And If he wasn't assigned to her...why did she agree to take him on as a patient? Sometimes I wonder about people. :cuckoo:

I don't know the answer to your question. But I can tell you that rapists who murder their victims have issues beyond just being a rapist. I can also tell you that 'treatment' doesn't always work. He likely got plenty of treatment while incarcerated and he was also getting it on parole. He just chose to rape and kill the therapist who was providing it.

Stalkers are also rarely 'cured.' We had one in a little burg outside Nashville who was incarcerated for a year for stalking a local MD. When he got out, he murdered her.

I, myself, have worked with a number of people like this over my 25 year career in psychiatry. With some of t hem, I would have another staff member sit in on the session for my safety. They are dangerous. That is why I bought my house in BFE Kentucky. I'm not on the internet databases, and GPS will get you lost coming here. People can't see my house when they are right in front of it. All of that is by design.
Seems to be necessary measures to protect you.
The monster was now finally held by German police in Poland and then arrested by the Polish police. It was driving its therapist´s car.

The monster was now finally held by German police in Poland and then arrested by the Polish police. It was driving its therapist´s car.

That is good to hear.

When my children were little, I taught them to trust their feelings about people and not to stay around someone they felt creepy about. No matter who it was, friend, family, neighbor, no one was exempt. I was just a mother then. But as a professional, over the years, I have been validated. I asked all my abuse victims if they had any clue beforehand, and 100% have said, things like, 'yes, I felt like he was a creep, but he was a friend, uncle.' Etc. etc. etc. At my level of practice, you work from models and theories. But I never gave up my gut feelings which I developed as a new nurse just out of college. I believe that is why I am alive today. I see former patients out in the community from time to time and they usually say hello. But, I am never really comfortable in that situation. I know that what has happened to others could still happen to me.

I'm wondering, B, have they found her body yet? I would like to know what he did to her. And I'm curious, do you think they will imprison him for life or let him go again?

That is good to hear.

When my children were little, I taught them to trust their feelings about people and not to stay around someone they felt creepy about. No matter who it was, friend, family, neighbor, no one was exempt. I was just a mother then. But as a professional, over the years, I have been validated. I asked all my abuse victims if they had any clue beforehand, and 100% have said, things like, 'yes, I felt like he was a creep, but he was a friend, uncle.' Etc. etc. etc. At my level of practice, you work from models and theories. But I never gave up my gut feelings which I developed as a new nurse just out of college. I believe that is why I am alive today. I see former patients out in the community from time to time and they usually say hello. But, I am never really comfortable in that situation. I know that what has happened to others could still happen to me.

I'm wondering, B, have they found her body yet? I would like to know what he did to her. And I'm curious, do you think they will imprison him for life or let him go again?
Her body was found in Versoix near Genf. She was hanged on a tree and got her throat cut. Her cell found was found near Basel. The first headline told about sexual abuse but there are not reported any details about if and how. It wasn´t his first day pass by the way, but his second. They drove to a horse barn for a "ride therapy". Therefor he was allowed to buy a hoof knife by the prison, but he bought another knife. All day passes in Genf have been canceled until further notice.
I don´t know, how he will be treated by now, but I am sure, he won´t get a day pass anymore.
Some news are contradictory: He was sentenced to 20 years of jail in 2008 but in 2013 he got his first day pass as he did bird for 2/3 of his penalty.

He is charged with:
-Murder and Kidnapping
-Kidnapping and abduction
-Murder, Theft and Rape

Wanted Persons / Internet / Home - INTERPOL

Last edited:

That is good to hear.

Her body was found in Versoix near Genf. She was hanged on a tree and got her throat cut. Her cell found was found near Basel. The first headline told about sexual abuse but there are not reported any details about if and how. It wasn´t his first day pass by the way, but his second. They drove to a horse barn for a "ride therapy". Therefor he was allowed to buy a hoof knife by the prison, but he bought another knife. All day passes in Genf have been canceled until further notice.
I don´t know, how he will be treated by now, but I am sure, he won´t get a day pass anymore.
Some news are contradictory: He was sentenced to 20 years of jail in 2008 but in 2013 he got his first day pass as he did bird for 2/3 of his penalty.

He is charged with:
-Murder and Kidnapping
-Kidnapping and abduction
-Murder, Theft and Rape

Wanted Persons / Internet / Home - INTERPOL

So who did the therapist work for? The prison? The state? Private?

For the first time, I saw the movie Patch Adams this past weekend. Apparently it is a true story. There was a similar incident with one of his medical school protégés. They just didn't realize how crazy the patient was.

Last edited:
"An equestrian therapy session?"

Nothing unusual:

Crystal meth treatment begins with a personal assessment to determine the most appropriate services for a lasting recovery. Services may also include:
• Medically supervised detoxification
• Individual and group counseling
• AA/NA orientation and participation
• Spiritual counseling
• A family program and family counseling as needed
• Aftercare
• Experiential therapy (ropes course, equine therapy)

- See more at: Crystal Meth Addiction - Affordable Drug Treatment

http://www.cumberlandheights.org/addiction/crystal_meth_recovery.aspx

That is a Nashville treatment facility.

Nothing unusual:

Crystal meth treatment begins with a personal assessment to determine the most appropriate services for a lasting recovery. Services may also include:
• Spiritual counseling
• Aftercare

Crystal Meth Addiction - Affordable Drug Treatment

Except in this case it would be like sending the meth addict to the therapy in a car with a 5 pound pile of meth right next to him.

Nothing unusual:

• Spiritual counseling
• Aftercare

Except in this case it would be like sending the meth addict to the therapy in a car with a 5 pound pile of meth right next to him.

It was poor judgment on someone's part. No therapist should have to be alone with a convicted rapist. I often asked someone to sit in on visits, and when I worked in the prisons, I had a male master's level therapist present in every visit. We shared the office.

Nothing unusual:

It was poor judgment on someone's part. No therapist should have to be alone with a convicted rapist. I often asked someone to sit in on visits, and when I worked in the prisons, I had a male master's level therapist present in every visit. We shared the office.

Prudent precautions. In the case mentioned by the OP someone's head should be rolling over this.

Forum List

Back