Surge in Cases of H.I.V. Tests U.S. Policy on Needle Exchanges

My I ask, What the Fuck is wrong with people that Heroin use is surging?

Really? Who grows up, not knowing that that shit is bad for you?

Who doesn't know that you can catch bad shit sharing needles?
Everyone knows heroin is bad stuff. Everyone knows sharing needles is dangerous.

And yet it still happens. So, clearly, knowledge alone does not stop it from happening, though it probably does mitigate it. Therefore, additional solutions are needed. A multi-pronged approach is necessary.

Clean needles should only be provided if the government is making them use heroin.
Why?
Why should they get clean needles? No one is making them use heroin. They can get clean needles on their own.

They can't. Otherwise there wouldn't be a surge in HIV cases.
Too bad isn't it. No one is making them use heroin. Isn't drug use the freedom to put whatever you want to into your body? The responsibility to get your own needles goes along with that freedom.

Or, they can use dirty needles and die, which is the better result.

It's not that simple.

They have been able to snort heroin for about a decade. For intensity they move to shooting it.

But, in Indiana it's Opana they are shooting. Although, heroin is pretty big there and in places like Ohio.

So, you think they snort because it is less scary,and then once hooked they move to needles?

Dumbasses.

In part, but also because it's easier to cart around and use.

Well, that makes sense. It easier.

Dumbasses.

The only way that I could side with prescription heroin is if it was run like other countries have it. You have to fail at all other programs. You have to go to the doctors office or clinic and it is a small amount and you shoot it at the office.

This keeps 'em from stealing whatever isn't nailed down and it helps them maintain a job. They would have to try to reintegrate themselves with their family etc.

No, just let them have as much as they want whenever they want.

Right. Moving on.

Why do you hate freedom?

Why are you a sock?

Maybe you simply lack the fortitude to see things through.

I simply believe that people should be free to do whatever they want with their lives, so long as they aren't hurting anyone other than themselves. Dale Earnhart wanted to spend his life racing cars. That was his choice. And oh shit, it got him killed. But so what? That was his choice to take that risk.

I'm also a realist. Trying to save people from their own self created demons is always a losing battle. We are keeping drug use alive and thriving in our society by trying to save people we can't be saved by anyone other than themselves. Society is made stronger by letting people kill themselves with drugs than it is by trying to save lost causes or trying to stop people from doing drugs by threat of force and punishment, on the false premise that making people suffer will result in compliance with arbitrary moral standards.

Start handing out heroin like candy, start letting people drop like flies, and that's the kind of shit that will shock society into reforming itself, while also weeding out the weak elements of the herd. Within a couple years even trying heroin one time will be synonymous with instant death and nobody will want to ever pick up the habit.

Dale Ernhart was dead on arrival at the hospital. HIV and Hepatitis C linger.

As a realist, do you see any future of free heroin being provided?

I do not.

Everyone knows heroin is bad stuff. Everyone knows sharing needles is dangerous.

And yet it still happens. So, clearly, knowledge alone does not stop it from happening, though it probably does mitigate it. Therefore, additional solutions are needed. A multi-pronged approach is necessary.

How about adding some social stigma?

Lets spend some time calling these dumb asses, dumb asses.

Man, how fucking stupid must you be to think snorting some heroin is a good idea?

That's not cool. That's the exact opposite of cool.

Losers. Losers and dumb asses.

Man, how fucking stupid must you be to think snorting some heroin is a good idea?

Hell, we do that now. There is a trend with heroin use increasing after we go into Afghanistan.

Telling people to not do drugs, and not smoke, isn't working. I haven't used drugs or smoked myself and find it difficult to understand how people can think they can put poison in their bodies and expect to go on unharmed.

Only solution is to make healthcare coverage conditional on getting help for their drug addiction and related diseases.

After all why should people be rewarded for getting other people sick, and raising the premiums of everyone else.

But that don't won't happen, so people will continue putting unsanitary needles in their bodies, and not getting help.

Hell, we do that now. There is a trend with heroin use increasing after we go into Afghanistan.

Really? Page three, you haven't called them any names.

I usually don't until someone acts like an ass.

Telling people to not do drugs, and not smoke, isn't working. I haven't used drugs or smoked myself and find it difficult to understand how people can think they can put poison in their bodies and expect to go on unharmed.

Only solution is to make healthcare coverage conditional on getting help for their drug addiction and related diseases.

After all why should people be rewarded for getting other people sick, and raising the premiums of everyone else.

But that don't won't happen, so people will continue putting unsanitary needles in their bodies, and not getting help.

Which addiction program works? What programs maintain records after 3 months afterwards?

Like, by killing themselves and spreading diseases among the population?

Dumb asses.

Dumb asses.

No, like utilizing little sock puppets and moving from thread to thread or by saying a bunch of derogatory insulting crap.

Which addiction program works? What programs maintain records after 3 months afterwards?
Plenty work, and most people recover in 30-60 days, so that is why they might not maintain records for privacy reasons.

Though there are programs that last 6 months to a year, so it isn't true that none hold records after 3 months.

Plenty work, and most people recover in 30-60 days, so that is why they might not maintain records for privacy reasons.

Though there are programs that last 6 months to a year, so it isn't true that none hold records after 3 months.

After you exit the program they only maintain records for 3 months. I'm going to need to see some stats on those that work. It's a billion dollar industry.

Instead on spending money to give people free needles, we should spend the money to give them free heroin. Much more cost effective in the long run.

Actually I agree with you. It seems cold but not only more cost effective in the long run, but would be less harmful on society. Give them the free heroin with free needles- and you don't have junkies breaking into homes to feed their habit, you don't go imprisoning junkies just because they have heroin.

:banana2:

The banana is the "call them names" solution

No, just let them have as much as they want whenever they want.

Right. Moving on.

Why do you hate freedom?

Why are you a sock?

I simply believe that people should be free to do whatever they want with their lives, so long as they aren't hurting anyone other than themselves. Dale Earnhart wanted to spend his life racing cars. That was his choice. And oh shit, it got him killed. But so what? That was his choice to take that risk.

I'm also a realist. Trying to save people from their own self created demons is always a losing battle. We are keeping drug use alive and thriving in our society by trying to save people we can't be saved by anyone other than themselves. Society is made stronger by letting people kill themselves with drugs than it is by trying to save lost causes or trying to stop people from doing drugs by threat of force and punishment, on the false premise that making people suffer will result in compliance with arbitrary moral standards.

Start handing out heroin like candy, start letting people drop like flies, and that's the kind of shit that will shock society into reforming itself, while also weeding out the weak elements of the herd. Within a couple years even trying heroin one time will be synonymous with instant death and nobody will want to ever pick up the habit.

I do not.

No, I do not see it happening, but then again I never said it would happen. I merely said it would be a better use of money.

Right. Moving on.

Why do you hate freedom?

Why are you a sock?

I do not.

No, I do not see it happening, but then again I never said it would happen. I merely said it would be a better use of money.

Well, why the heck did you call yourself a realist?

So, what else you got?

Dumb asses.
They aren't spreading disease among the general population.

Dumb asses.
They aren't spreading disease among the general population.

Yes, they are.

Forum List

Back