Surge in Cases of H.I.V. Tests U.S. Policy on Needle Exchanges

Instead on spending money to give people free needles, we should spend the money to give them free heroin. Much more cost effective in the long run.

Actually I agree with you. It seems cold but not only more cost effective in the long run, but would be less harmful on society. Give them the free heroin with free needles- and you don't have junkies breaking into homes to feed their habit, you don't go imprisoning junkies just because they have heroin.
The Netherlands gives out free heroin and clean needles. Addicts can get a fix three times a day. Some of the addicts still have part of their brain working. They know that they are being helped to die quickly. There's just nothing they can do but stop being addicts and they can't do that.

It's a reasonable solution.

Only in the Netherlands Do Addicts Complain About Free Government Heroin VICE News

Hell, we do that now. There is a trend with heroin use increasing after we go into Afghanistan.

Really? Page three, you haven't called them any names.

I usually don't until someone acts like an ass.

Like, by killing themselves and spreading diseases among the population?

Dumb asses.
They aren't spreading disease among the general population.

Yes, they are.
Only among the general population of promiscuous drug users.

Really? Page three, you haven't called them any names.

Dumb asses.

Yes, they are.

And anyone in close contact with them, lovers, family members, medical staff, ect.

Dumb asses.

Yes, they are.

And anyone in close contact with them, lovers, family members, medical staff, ect.
You don't know how HIV is spread. It's not airborne. You can't get it from touching someone with HIV. it's spread by exchange of bodily fluids.

Dumb asses.

Yes, they are.

You don't know how HIV is spread. It's not airborne. You can't get it from touching someone with HIV. it's spread by exchange of bodily fluids.

Every hear the term "needle stick"?

Yes, they are.

It's not very common is it? I see used needles in the park every day and never once had an urge to stick myself with it.

The complaint is that HIV is surging among drug users, not their families, nor the medical personnel. Let the poor things die. Put them out of our misery.

Yes, they are.

It's not very common is it? I see used needles in the park every day and never once had an urge to stick myself with it.

The complaint is that HIV is surging among drug users, not their families, nor the medical personnel. Let the poor things die. Put them out of our misery.

It's just ONE way a "promiscuous drug users" can be a danger to the general population.

When HIV first made an appearance back in the 80s, no one knew what it was. They did know how it was spread. Gay activists said that it would spread throughout the population and no one was safe.

It never happened. HIV and AIDS remained among gays, drug users and the sexually adventurous.

The worst that can happen is that HIV moves back to that.

Or do what the Netherlands is doing, clean needles and free heroin, as much as they want, three times a day, until the user dies.

Instead on spending money to give people free needles, we should spend the money to give them free heroin. Much more cost effective in the long run.

Actually I agree with you. It seems cold but not only more cost effective in the long run, but would be less harmful on society. Give them the free heroin with free needles- and you don't have junkies breaking into homes to feed their habit, you don't go imprisoning junkies just because they have heroin.
The Netherlands gives out free heroin and clean needles. Addicts can get a fix three times a day. Some of the addicts still have part of their brain working. They know that they are being helped to die quickly. There's just nothing they can do but stop being addicts and they can't do that.

It's a reasonable solution.

Only in the Netherlands Do Addicts Complain About Free Government Heroin VICE News

They do it in the UK
Prescription heroin helps addicts off street drugs Reuters

And in Canada
Prescription heroin offered in Vancouver outside of clinical trial for 1st time - British Columbia - CBC News

I don't understand why the US has to be so far behind in stuff like this. I really don't.

First it takes as admission that drug users are already almost dead. Then a willingness to help them the rest of the way. The United States still thinks that drug users can be helped. They can't.

Harm reduction is about reducing the harm to society. It works. It works because there is a recognition that you have to want to get clean and stay clean. If that desire isn't there than nothing is going to help.

I think that the first thing that society needs to get is that all of these little drug rehabs don't have to show they work. Simply saying it exists does not mean that it works. So, we can't just say legalize drugs and take the money and spend it on rehab. It doesn't do anything except change dealers. Like I said, drug rehab/etc. is a billion dollar industry. That's just throwing money in the wind.

Decriminalize smaller amounts and smack the living bejeezus out of larger amounts.

The users who don't want to pay the tax will just get from the same street dealers they always got it from.

Legalize drugs, all of them, give it away free. Save money by not providing medical care.

One of the reasons for the surge in heroin use is that drug smugglers can't make enough money from marijuana anymore with the drug practically legal.. According to reports, heroin smuggling has increased 300% and methamphetamine has increased 200%. What kind of ideas do lefties have? Oh yeah, give them sterile needles.

One of the reasons for the surge in heroin use is that drug smugglers can't make enough money from marijuana anymore with the drug practically legal.. According to reports, heroin smuggling has increased 300% and methamphetamine has increased 200%. What kind of ideas do lefties have? Oh yeah, give them sterile needles.
Plenty of new drugs have replaced marijuana. A guy high on ice gouged out his own eyeballs and ate them. The new drugs are incredibly potent. Rather than stop them, let users have them and concentrate on protecting the public. These new drugs kill quickly. Depolice drug use. If someone is high, all a police report should say is that the individual appears to be under the influence of a legal substance. No action taken. Clear the area for the safety of others. Let it go.

That doesn't explain the upshot in use prior to legalization. It takes several years, sometimes 20 for crap like meth, to make the news and for people to start paying attention to it. But, I have come across the same information.

The marijuana black market thrives in Colorado. In fact, it's doing all of the shit they said it wouldn't. Legalization did nothing but change dealers for some who wanted to tap into the cash. I might have to hunt it down but there was an article that stated that the majority of those that are purchasing marijuana in Colorado are out of state tourists. The locals still buy underground.

That doesn't explain the upshot in use prior to legalization. It takes several years, sometimes 20 for crap like meth, to make the news and for people to start paying attention to it. But, I have come across the same information.

The marijuana black market thrives in Colorado. In fact, it's doing all of the shit they said it wouldn't. Legalization did nothing but change dealers for some who wanted to tap into the cash. I might have to hunt it down but there was an article that stated that the majority of those that are purchasing marijuana in Colorado are out of state tourists. The locals still buy underground.
I have relatives in Colorado. They say the same thing. Pot tourism is driving legal sales. Locals still use their same dealers.

I have relatives in Colorado. They say the same thing. Pot tourism is driving legal sales. Locals still use their same dealers.

I'm pretty sure that there were those that were completely aware that this was going to be the end result. They just wanted some cash and they didn't care what line of BS they sold to the public.

Well, why the heck did you call yourself a realist?

You seem to think that being a realist requires a person to ignore superior options simply because they are not going to be popular. That is a false belief.

Well, why the heck did you call yourself a realist?

You seem to think that being a realist requires a person to ignore superior options simply because they are not going to be popular. That is a false belief.

You know it's not an option. It isn't going to happen. Not now and not ever. So, why not focus on what is achievable?

Forum List

Back