Sure hope they have more

Are you certain about that science thing, doc?

Many of these folk jus' don't cotton to evidence and science, don't you know?

Welllllllllllllllll....all it needs is a good witness, good prosecutor, a judge who can stay awake through expert evidence and usually (hopefully) a jury will understand it :eusa_eh:

Do you think an at least marginally educated jury will suffice, doc?

Welllllllllllllllll....all it needs is a good witness, good prosecutor, a judge who can stay awake through expert evidence and usually (hopefully) a jury will understand it :eusa_eh:

From all it appears to me, the United States of America is not really interested in actual education. What do you think about a professional millionaire football player that somehow got through college that can't spell the name of the college he graduated from? Hypothetical, doc, but I think you get my point.

Do you think an at least marginally educated jury will suffice, doc?

From all it appears to me, the United States of America is not really interested in actual education. What do you think about a professional millionaire football player that somehow got through college that can't spell the name of the college he graduated from? Hypothetical, doc, but I think you get my point.

Got me there :eusa_eh:

I have read that with rise of shows like "CSI", American juries are now more demanding in the level of scientific proof.

There's another effect that has been observed here in Australia (and no doubt elsewhere) where members of juries have been found to have attended the crime scene and carried out their own investigations even as a trial was proceeding. Mistrial of course but it's probably part of the broader "CSI Effect" as it's been called.

It's not a bad thing that juries demand more quality evidence from experts, expert witnesses in my jurisdiction can give opinion evidence and it's right that it should be severely tested, but jurors need to be reminded that they're not investigators, they're triers of fact.

Forum List

Back