Stop Insulting God

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.
It's a good point. The Bible says God is not mocked, the real God, that is, my God. The fake allah god of the Muslims gets deeply offended and commands his followers to kill anyone who mocks him or his pedophile prophet. A weak god indeed, I agree.

:rolleyes:
I suppose that if ANY god in human history had ample opportunity to smite Monkeys defending Himself against intentional Monkey mockery it would be The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran.

The fact is that the competing interpretations of The Koran, and the many sects vying for followers who worship The New Testament, are essentially two competing pathways for mere gentiles to get right with The God of The Ancient Jews in preparation for the "after-life".

Somehow makes all the bloodshed worth it, eh?

:smoke:

There's no comparison. Islam and the Koran are atavistic, they represent a giant step backward in God's relationship to mankind, a reversion to the rule of religious law, when God was aloof an not incarnate, and in which the high standard of righteousness is forever out of reach. After the New Covenant, humanity was ushered into an era of grace whereby people freely come to God through Jesus Christ and are saved not by vain attempts to follow religious law, but by grace. Jesus has become for us our great High Priest:

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. (Hebrews 4:14)

And because of this, we boldly come to the throne of God once made inaccessible except by one person once a year, the high priest representing the people. Yet in the era of grace, verse 16:

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Islam made God inaccessible again, reverted people to the tyranny of religious law, and made salvation a matter of works, not grace, slavishly trying to merit what the gospel tells us we never can. Grace bridges the gap between man and God that religion alone never could.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of your own; it is a gift of God. Not of works, that nobody should boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

The difference couldn't be greater.

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.
It's a good point. The Bible says God is not mocked, the real God, that is, my God. The fake allah god of the Muslims gets deeply offended and commands his followers to kill anyone who mocks him or his pedophile prophet. A weak god indeed, I agree.

I suppose that if ANY god in human history had ample opportunity to smite Monkeys defending Himself against intentional Monkey mockery it would be The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran.

The fact is that the competing interpretations of The Koran, and the many sects vying for followers who worship The New Testament, are essentially two competing pathways for mere gentiles to get right with The God of The Ancient Jews in preparation for the "after-life".

There were 996 religions between our ape ancestors and the Abraham religions

You might have ape ancestors, but I don't. There is no "our".
Behold! A new species of primate has just told us he is exempt from evolution!

That's right. If you want to descend from a crap flinging ape, you go right ahead. I guess I see the resemblance. But I'm descended from man created in the image of God, drawn from the dust and given the breath of life. You're created a little above the apes, I'm created a little below the angels. If that's what you want, you go boy!

Funny we look at his dna and compare it to a tree or frog or any other living thing and the facts don't lie. All life on earth is related.

Or, god sat around and intelligently designed each of the millions of animals we have on earth separately. He made 1 million different types of beetles alone. And 99% of the animals he created went extinct.

Or maybe he believes evolution is true for all other living things but god made us special. He plopped us down on earth after 13 billion years of the universe forming as fully formed and functioning humans 13.7 billion years after the big bang. Millions of years after the dinosaurs and Trilobites ruled this earth. And we were just as intelligent back then 6500 years ago as we are now.

Forget the fact that 400,000 years ago we were primitive cave men much shorter than we are now. With much smaller brains.

No way we are just a branch of the animal tree. No way we are related to monkeys let alone dogs and fish and birds and rats. No way we are evolving. Right? LOL. They can't fathom how long millions of years is.

That's right. If you want to descend from a crap flinging ape, you go right ahead. I guess I see the resemblance. But I'm descended from man created in the image of God, drawn from the dust and given the breath of life. You're created a little above the apes, I'm created a little below the angels. If that's what you want, you go boy!

You go with what uneducated ancients said and we'll go with science.

Just don't impose your religious beliefs on me, and we'll be ok.

Ya know why folks are opposed to the notion of mankind being susceptible to the same evolutionary forces that effect every other living thing? The answer is quite simple: arrogance.

Mankind is the only species that regards himself. How could nature have the same effects? If folks want to believe, and I mean believe with a capital B, in the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher rather than empirical scientific data is the latter re-enforces their notion of specialness while the former tells him that he is, in fact, a mammal a primate and therefore susceptible to evolution.

Ya know why folks are opposed to the notion of mankind being susceptible to the same evolutionary forces that effect every other living thing? The answer is quite simple: arrogance.

Mankind is the only species that regards himself. How could nature have the same effects? If folks want to believe, and I mean believe with a capital B, in the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher rather than empirical scientific data is the latter re-enforces their notion of specialness while the former tells him that he is, in fact, a mammal a primate and therefore susceptible to evolution.

Arrogance is what happens when people assume that science explains all, that there can't be any force outside of one's perception, that one has traversed the expanses of the universe, gone back into antiquity to see it in its nascent form, and can say with confidence there is no creator. Agnostics have humility on their side, you people have nothing but arrogance, so much so you have zero room to point it out in others.

Arrogance is what happens when people assume that science explains all, that there can't be any force outside of one's perception, that one has traversed the expanses of the universe, gone back into antiquity to see it in its nascent form, and can say with confidence there is no creator. Agnostics have humility on their side, you people have nothing but arrogance, so much so you have zero room to point it out in others.
Ignorance is the acceptance that some things are simply inexplicable and therefore should be regarded as holy and totally unexplorable.

'I can't figure it out, so it must be beyond understanding.' With that level of curiosity, isn't it amazing that we ever crawled out of the cave?

You're on ignore.

Ok. And we don't appreciate you imposing yours on us. We see churches on every corner. We all see we have about 10 religious stations but not one for atheists. We have the internets too so we can look for ourselves. We don't need you walking up to us on the street asking us if we know where we're going when we die. That to me is unwanted and so imposing. I don't walk up to your kids and ask them if they've ever considered that god doesn't exist? And point out to them they may be being brainwashed into believing miracles which science can't confirm. And that its all pretty much wishful thinking.

Do you think Sagan and Tyson planted that seed in your kids head in the old and new Cosmos? I hope so. Although I saw the original Cosmos years ago and I certainly wasn't watching it through an atheists eyes so I didn't even realize that's what he was getting at. Now I see now that I'm older and wiser and have all the facts.

And maybe I don't have all the facts, but I at least have the other sides opinion so I can see both sides of the argument and sorry god loses and science wins. I only worship the sun. Without it we're dead.

If a Christian believes that non Christians were truly going to burn in hell forever, I think they would try a little harder to convert us. You should preach as loud as I do against it. You should be militant. I'm militant because I know believing in god is bad for you. Sorry I'm so abrupt. It took blunt for me to get it too. And if you really believe some of your friends and family are really going to rot forever, wouldn't that bother you a lot more than it does? I don't think you guys really believe the things you say.

Ignorance is the acceptance that some things are simply inexplicable and therefore should be regarded as holy and totally unexplorable.

'I can't figure it out, so it must be beyond understanding.' With that level of curiosity, isn't it amazing that we ever crawled out of the cave?

Well if they truly believe the story of the ancients then that's all the conformation they need. I misspelled that on accident but how appropriate. Conform. Get it? Anyways, schmuck put me on ignore. I don't even think I was being hard on the guy. Just speaking blunt truth. If the guy really believed in god wouldn't he be either laughing at me or sorry for me? Instead I'm making him ANGRY! Because that's what believing in god does to people.

Christians think they are better than muslims but I saw a mob of christians at a town hall meeting and if they could they would have burned, tarred and feathered and crucified this little atheist girl. I could easily find the video.

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” – Steven Weinberg

If a person truly believes with a capital B, there is only two ways you can respond to an atheist. Either laugh at us or feel sorry for us. If you get angry I think that means you have your doubts and you're angry with us for pointing it out or bringing it to the surface. It's alright. Let it out. It's not your fault. LOL

Notice how angry a lot of USMB theists get?

Ok. And we don't appreciate you imposing yours on us. We see churches on every corner. We all see we have about 10 religious stations but not one for atheists. We have the internets too so we can look for ourselves. We don't need you walking up to us on the street asking us if we know where we're going when we die. That to me is unwanted and so imposing. I don't walk up to your kids and ask them if they've ever considered that god doesn't exist? And point out to them they may be being brainwashed into believing miracles which science can't confirm. And that its all pretty much wishful thinking.

Do you think Sagan and Tyson planted that seed in your kids head in the old and new Cosmos? I hope so. Although I saw the original Cosmos years ago and I certainly wasn't watching it through an atheists eyes so I didn't even realize that's what he was getting at. Now I see now that I'm older and wiser and have all the facts.

And maybe I don't have all the facts, but I at least have the other sides opinion so I can see both sides of the argument and sorry god loses and science wins. I only worship the sun. Without it we're dead.

If a Christian believes that non Christians were truly going to burn in hell forever, I think they would try a little harder to convert us. You should preach as loud as I do against it. You should be militant. I'm militant because I know believing in god is bad for you. Sorry I'm so abrupt. It took blunt for me to get it too. And if you really believe some of your friends and family are really going to rot forever, wouldn't that bother you a lot more than it does? I don't think you guys really believe the things you say.
And what is stopping you from building a church..........LOL for the Athiest................Is that your bitch...............]

LOL

I believe as I believe, and you believe as you believe.

DEAL WITH IT.

And what is stopping you from building a church..........LOL for the Athiest................Is that your bitch...............]

LOL

DEAL WITH IT.

I want an atheist show on those free religious channels. They have a Jew show show for catholics show for black christians dot head Indians white christians non denominal. Kurk Cameron even has a show. They even have shows to brainwash kids.

We should have one show.

My favorite show on TCT is the Chaldean Arab christians who are all about being anti Islam. They hate Muslims so bad.

LOL

DEAL WITH IT.

I want an atheist show on those free religious channels. They have a Jew show show for catholics show for black christians dot head Indians white christians non denominal. Kurk Cameron even has a show. They even have shows to brainwash kids.

We should have one show.

My favorite show on TCT is the Chaldean Arab christians who are all about being anti Islam. They hate Muslims so bad.
Then start your own show................what is stopping you.........

WELL..................

It is written:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:1

The Word is God. Who is the Word?

It is written:
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.John testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.
- John 1:14,15

Jesus Christ is the Word - Jesus Christ is God. Jesus Christ came in the form of a MAN not a WOMAN. Stop being meshugenah.
Prove that what is written is true.

Forum List

Back