stock market: good or bad?

good or bad?

• good

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • bad

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
The stock market was created for the 1%, not the 99%. Over the years we made the market a safer place for the public by eliminating a lot of unfair practices but the risks of investing are still there and the 1% will always have advantages over the 99%.
That is my point. It was created by the wealthy manipulators so they had an easier to invest the money, that they already had, to make more. Now I have never paid attention to it because I don't agree with how and why it was created. But since almost every hard working American is invested in it in one way or another I have become interested in it because I do care about the people and unless you actually pay attention to it over the course of a lifetime a 401K is not very beneficial to ones just contributing out of their pay checks. Now most of us are starting to see how corrupt it is and many people want a revolution, which I don't think is the key to anything. Now correct me if I am wrong but this is the stock market in a nutshell.... A guy with no money, due to being controlled by the finical aspect of the world, has a great idea for a business that can help others and change lives. So without the money he turns to the men with the money and signs a contract so that man can "help" him. So basically that contract forms a publicly traded business so others can "benefit" from that companies growth. Now obviously there are different ways to fund a startup campaign so the business would not be publicly traded but if that man making the contract wants it there it will be. So with one simple little transaction the man with the money simply makes more money by doing nothing as long as that company flourishes. So there is the risk. But what most people don't see is how that contract cuts into a businesses profits and takes away from the hard working people who are sitting there making that money for them. While the big man on top uses that money that he really didn't need to begin with to vest in other things and simply using his mind to control the profits he makes. Now if you are in that one percent I applaud you. But I really think it is time to stop looking at how much money can be made and start looking at how we can make this world more sustainable and stop dumping money into houses that have so much room it could house and sustain 20 families. Think about the energy consumption it takes and chain effect that is has on humanity. Most of the one percenters believe in population control from what I understand. We don't need that, we just need better investing and more economical sustainability. Only God has the right to deem who lives and who dies. And if you think Satain is the true God well im sure you will not appreciate his slavery when your time on this earth is done and over with. See God didn't forbid eve to eat from the tree of knowledge to hold her back. He simply did it to test her because he knows that without him, knowledge can the be fruit of all evil.
The stock market like all markets are based on the desire to accumulate wealth. Now that may be bad in your opinion but it's a fact of life. A market for shares of an enterprise is necessary for free enterprise to grow. Without it, investors would be reluctant to invest and without those investments the economic growth we have seen in this country and the world would have been impossible.

I disagree with your statement that the stock market is corrupt. Full disclosure is required by law for publicly traded stocks. Everything you need to know about a company to make a decision is there. You won't find that at your local used car lot or when buy a house or sign a lease or buy into a local business. Sure there are unscrupulous people in the securities industry but there are unscrupulous people in every business endeavor. Every year there're millions of complaints by people being swindled and treated unfairly by businesses and yet few of those complaints are leveled at the securities industry. However, when a broker or investment manger steals from his clients, it's in every newspaper in the country. And everyone who lost his shirt in the market trying to make a quick buck declares it's all a big swindle.
As Mark Twain, I think it was, noted, "Dog bites man is not news. Man bites dog is news." And you are right a good investment strategy is designed to make watching grass growing seem exciting.
I cringe every time I hear the phrase "playing the market": What nonsense, successful investing is not a game. It takes work, patience and the ability to make decisions based on logic, not fear and greed. Most people can't do that and should be in index funds or just stay out of the market..
So do I and I feel like too many people do that in order to try to make a buck and most people refuse to the actual benefits that company contributes to the world. They see MONEY and that is all. I would love to have the money to invest in proper companies who contribute well to their employees but then again I don't think anyone should rely on INVESTING to make money. See the sad fact of the matter is no one can truly get ahead in life unless they own their own business or figure out a way to inadvertently or advertently scam others into giving them money. Money is the main source of all evil and until we figure out a way to work without it we are going to go up in flames in the not too distant future. Maybe not in your lifetime or mine and that is what people don't think about. Although I still have about 50 years to go and do not like he way things are looking for mankind. They only care what is done in their short time on this earth. You don't realize how many people are depressed and go off the deep end because they can barley survive in this financial world. Then again most people don't care or think about that cause they have all the money they'll ever need.
I have all the money I will ever need and yes I do realize how depressed you can be if you spend your life just fighting to survive. I know because that was world I was born into. IMHO, most people are in that position because of bad decisions they made when they were young. If you're young and poor and start a family before you're financial able to support it, then you will probably be poor your entire life and life will be a long fight for survival.

It's people that are good or bad, not the stock market and not wealth.. The market is just another means of making money. It's not for everyone. Being wealthy is neither good nor bad. It all depends on how you use your wealth.

Umm the market crashed...

When? By how much?
Click expand lol. look like as a whole it lost about 55% of its value.

What lost 55%? When?
Damn dude it is a thread. Quit being a pain lol. Would you like me to copy and paste like you do so you cut out words and only reply to what you want? Learn to EXPAND

Keep being non-specific. That way I can't respond to your claims. Idiot.
Keep trying to make yourself feel good bud. But if you knew how to do some research you would know I was referring to 2009 for the 55% and the total Dow drop in 1929 was 89%. Don't call me an idiot when you can to do research as well or hell if you already knew you would simply be able to respond.

That is my point. It was created by the wealthy manipulators so they had an easier to invest the money, that they already had, to make more. Now I have never paid attention to it because I don't agree with how and why it was created. But since almost every hard working American is invested in it in one way or another I have become interested in it because I do care about the people and unless you actually pay attention to it over the course of a lifetime a 401K is not very beneficial to ones just contributing out of their pay checks. Now most of us are starting to see how corrupt it is and many people want a revolution, which I don't think is the key to anything. Now correct me if I am wrong but this is the stock market in a nutshell.... A guy with no money, due to being controlled by the finical aspect of the world, has a great idea for a business that can help others and change lives. So without the money he turns to the men with the money and signs a contract so that man can "help" him. So basically that contract forms a publicly traded business so others can "benefit" from that companies growth. Now obviously there are different ways to fund a startup campaign so the business would not be publicly traded but if that man making the contract wants it there it will be. So with one simple little transaction the man with the money simply makes more money by doing nothing as long as that company flourishes. So there is the risk. But what most people don't see is how that contract cuts into a businesses profits and takes away from the hard working people who are sitting there making that money for them. While the big man on top uses that money that he really didn't need to begin with to vest in other things and simply using his mind to control the profits he makes. Now if you are in that one percent I applaud you. But I really think it is time to stop looking at how much money can be made and start looking at how we can make this world more sustainable and stop dumping money into houses that have so much room it could house and sustain 20 families. Think about the energy consumption it takes and chain effect that is has on humanity. Most of the one percenters believe in population control from what I understand. We don't need that, we just need better investing and more economical sustainability. Only God has the right to deem who lives and who dies. And if you think Satain is the true God well im sure you will not appreciate his slavery when your time on this earth is done and over with. See God didn't forbid eve to eat from the tree of knowledge to hold her back. He simply did it to test her because he knows that without him, knowledge can the be fruit of all evil.
The stock market like all markets are based on the desire to accumulate wealth. Now that may be bad in your opinion but it's a fact of life. A market for shares of an enterprise is necessary for free enterprise to grow. Without it, investors would be reluctant to invest and without those investments the economic growth we have seen in this country and the world would have been impossible.

I disagree with your statement that the stock market is corrupt. Full disclosure is required by law for publicly traded stocks. Everything you need to know about a company to make a decision is there. You won't find that at your local used car lot or when buy a house or sign a lease or buy into a local business. Sure there are unscrupulous people in the securities industry but there are unscrupulous people in every business endeavor. Every year there're millions of complaints by people being swindled and treated unfairly by businesses and yet few of those complaints are leveled at the securities industry. However, when a broker or investment manger steals from his clients, it's in every newspaper in the country. And everyone who lost his shirt in the market trying to make a quick buck declares it's all a big swindle.
As Mark Twain, I think it was, noted, "Dog bites man is not news. Man bites dog is news." And you are right a good investment strategy is designed to make watching grass growing seem exciting.
I cringe every time I hear the phrase "playing the market": What nonsense, successful investing is not a game. It takes work, patience and the ability to make decisions based on logic, not fear and greed. Most people can't do that and should be in index funds or just stay out of the market..
So do I and I feel like too many people do that in order to try to make a buck and most people refuse to the actual benefits that company contributes to the world. They see MONEY and that is all. I would love to have the money to invest in proper companies who contribute well to their employees but then again I don't think anyone should rely on INVESTING to make money. See the sad fact of the matter is no one can truly get ahead in life unless they own their own business or figure out a way to inadvertently or advertently scam others into giving them money. Money is the main source of all evil and until we figure out a way to work without it we are going to go up in flames in the not too distant future. Maybe not in your lifetime or mine and that is what people don't think about. Although I still have about 50 years to go and do not like he way things are looking for mankind. They only care what is done in their short time on this earth. You don't realize how many people are depressed and go off the deep end because they can barley survive in this financial world. Then again most people don't care or think about that cause they have all the money they'll ever need.
I have all the money I will ever need and yes I do realize how depressed you can be if you spend your life just fighting to survive. I know because that was world I was born into. IMHO, most people are in that position because of bad decisions they made when they were young. If you're young and poor and start a family before you're financial able to support it, then you will probably be poor your entire life and life will be a long fight for survival.

It's people that are good or bad, not the stock market and not wealth.. The market is just another means of making money. It's not for everyone. Being wealthy is neither good nor bad. It all depends on how you use your wealth.
Yes people do make the wrong decisions. The thing about that is we grow up in a society now that has SOOO many avenues of approach. I know I had a hard time deciding because I can really do anything I put my mind too and then that just creates an overwhelming feeling of "am I doing the right thing?" Kids today have to vest so much money in schooling just to get a decent job.. They have to live the rest of their life in debt and learn to live of off that obtained information they had to pay so much for. So once they obtain that debt they are forced to work a career path that they sometimes come to figure out wasn't right for them.

See we live in a world based on the knowledge we can obtain and the skills we can perform. We are forced to make life long choices before our decision making skills are fully developed. Studies say that full development occurs between the ages of 24-28. With a world based on money people get stuck cause they are so consumed with having to make that money to survive while paying off student loans or raising children or just simply trying to survive cause they cannot handle society at its core. If they cant handle it is cause they have to put up with assholes, bullies, and people who just do not know how to be decent.

Now due to all the corruption we have to live in litigious world that is so lawful that we cant scratch our ass without having to sign a paper that is usually one sided. That creates paranoia and people cant even be true friends anymore cause everyone is so worried about getting screwed over. Im not sure where exactly we went wrong but it happened in this decade and it is just going to get worse unless we turn things around.

Yes people do make the wrong decisions. The thing about that is we grow up in a society now that has SOOO many avenues of approach. I know I had a hard time deciding because I can really do anything I put my mind too and then that just creates an overwhelming feeling of "am I doing the right thing?" Kids today have to vest so much money in schooling just to get a decent job.. They have to live the rest of their life in debt and learn to live of off that obtained information they had to pay so much for. So once they obtain that debt they are forced to work a career path that they sometimes come to figure out wasn't right for them.

See we live in a world based on the knowledge we can obtain and the skills we can perform. We are forced to make life long choices before our decision making skills are fully developed. Studies say that full development occurs between the ages of 24-28. With a world based on money people get stuck cause they are so consumed with having to make that money to survive while paying off student loans or raising children or just simply trying to survive cause they cannot handle society at its core. If they cant handle it is cause they have to put up with assholes, bullies, and people who just do not know how to be decent.

Now due to all the corruption we have to live in litigious world that is so lawful that we cant scratch our ass without having to sign a paper that is usually one sided. That creates paranoia and people cant even be true friends anymore cause everyone is so worried about getting screwed over. Im not sure where exactly we went wrong but it happened in this decade and it is just going to get worse unless we turn things around.

That's been true forever and one of the reasons for downturns.

There is one brain circuit for relationships.

There is one brain circuit for risk seeking/avoidance.

There is one circuit for discounting future value.

For the last 12 years the brain atlas project has been mapping out where these circuits are in your head, the genes that control them and how they interact.

Inflation creates jobs while destroying social relationships and that in turn changes gene frequencies. The solutions usually espoused to get over economic bad times create moral hazard. Behavioral economics is now pointing out these problems and the need for social relationships in the economy. Short form stimulus measures destroy the fabric of society. What the world needs now is drastic deflation to heal society by changing gene frequencies.

Well I need to get involved with that project! lol my brain fires neurons like crazy!

yeah one of those stimulus measures is Facebook. Kids today use is as a source of communication and just completely destroys the interaction between humans. I was watching something the other day about the 528 hz. Basically calling it the God frequency. There is a frequency for evil which I think was 441 hz. So if we could get our music and tv frequencies and all the waves around us resonating at 528 Hz we could heal society and change the way everyone thinks and feels. I know our brains are constantly picking up all the radio waves, signals, energy and everything all around all the time. As Tesla discovered, the earth has a resident frequency just as our bodies do. The frequencies around us are constantly throwing people off kilter and just destroying the way we think and act.

The size of college loans are really unfair.I graduated from college 50 years ago. My total cost of college for 4 years including room and board was about $5,000 at a state university. My granddaughter will be starting college next year at the same school. The estimated cost is $105,000. If the college loan is for that amount the monthly payments will be $750/mo for 20 years. That's insane

When? By how much?

What lost 55%? When?
Damn dude it is a thread. Quit being a pain lol. Would you like me to copy and paste like you do so you cut out words and only reply to what you want? Learn to EXPAND

Keep trying to make yourself feel good bud. But if you knew how to do some research you would know I was referring to 2009 for the 55% and the total Dow drop in 1929 was 89%. Don't call me an idiot when you can to do research as well or hell if you already knew you would simply be able to respond.

But if you knew how to do some research you would know I was referring to 2009 for the 55% and the total Dow drop in 1929 was 89%.

I'm great at research. I'm not great at reading the mind of whiney idiots.

What lost 55%? When?

But if you knew how to do some research you would know I was referring to 2009 for the 55% and the total Dow drop in 1929 was 89%.

I'm great at research. I'm not great at reading the mind of whiney idiots.

Yeah it easy to talk like that when your hiding behind your keyboard huh? Who asked you to read minds? You asked a question I answered. Simple... Now unless you actually intend to respond, well I really don't care how you respond cause your are irrelevant and haven't been able to say one intelligent thing.

The size of college loans are really unfair.I graduated from college 50 years ago. My total cost of college for 4 years including room and board was about $5,000 at a state university. My granddaughter will be starting college next year at the same school. The estimated cost is $105,000. If the college loan is for that amount the monthly payments will be $750/mo for 20 years. That's insane
Yea a veterinarian student I was seeing is just finishing up her last year of school and will be coming out at about 400k in debt.. About the same as a real doctor. I was thinking about going back but I cant see investing that much money for knowledge that can be obtained simply by reading. Yeah I would gain good resources and contacts but I just don't see it as a good investment. If you see the kind of money that goes into the info structure it really makes you sick cause you know that is what you are paying for also. A simple 4 year business degree would cost me around 64k. So I have to waste four years of my life spending money instead of making it. Or find a way to balance a 10 hr per day job and then going home and wrack my brain even more. Which I don't mind I'm just not a fan of structured learning. The thing that is bad is that kids can learn better with on the job training and a lot of what is learned in school is never applied to the career.

Yea a veterinarian student I was seeing is just finishing up her last year of school and will be coming out at about 400k in debt.. About the same as a real doctor. I was thinking about going back but I cant see investing that much money for knowledge that can be obtained simply by reading. Yeah I would gain good resources and contacts but I just don't see it as a good investment. If you see the kind of money that goes into the info structure it really makes you sick cause you know that is what you are paying for also. A simple 4 year business degree would cost me around 64k. So I have to waste four years of my life spending money instead of making it. Or find a way to balance a 10 hr per day job and then going home and wrack my brain even more. Which I don't mind I'm just not a fan of structured learning. The thing that is bad is that kids can learn better with on the job training and a lot of what is learned in school is never applied to the career.
People place a huge value on the name of the school on their degree and pay dearly for top schools. If that school happens to be MIT, Harvard, Yale, Cal Tech, etc. it's worth big bucks but for 90% of the schools, the name on your degree only helps you get your first job. After that, employers are primarily interested in what you accomplished since graduated, not where you got your diploma.

You can attend a community college in most states for about $2,000 to $3,000 a year then transfer to to 4 year state school and you will have reduced your college cost by nearly a half. I think this is a far better path for most young people than 4 years at a prestigious university and a huge 20 year loan.

it was supposed to be good but mankind's greed took over as usual. Now it's just a corrupt house of cards continually collapsing upon us all. Time to do away with it. 911 was God turning over the corrupt tables in his house. You are investing in buying and selling other peoples lives to the lowest bidder. no good can come from that. ou have done unto others and now it's being done unto us all and it doesn't seem right all of a sudden. lol. kill all the goldmen sacking your retirement funds you are now forced to invest in their corrupt markets. it's texas holdem on the short stack and worse. the market can and is nothing but manipulation and lies for a few to own the many.
The stock market was created for the 1%, not the 99%. Over the years we made the market a safer place for the public by eliminating a lot of unfair practices but the risks of investing are still there and the 1% will always have advantages over the 99%.

for any species to let their power being horded for a few to sit in the sun sucking the natural resources and all others lives for the few and to all our ruins is a stop and childish way to manage such a fragile world. To make kings we have to over throw makes us all humpty dumbdies. it's time for mankind to grow up and evolve already. the days of trying to build rock castles on sand are over. We can't hide under rocks any more and there's no where left to run.

with black pools and instant swaps the markets over. stop being stupid and cut them out go direct to companies. fuck the sales men getting rich off selling us all out and cheating us with the same old tricks. time to wake up dah.

with black pools and instant swaps the markets over. stop being stupid and cut them out go direct to companies. fuck the sales men getting rich off selling us all out and cheating us with the same old tricks. time to wake up dah.
Possibly the best investment advice I have ever received was ignore any investments peddled by sales people. Good investments don't need to be sold. They sell themselves. Anytime I get an investment solicitation, I drop it in the trash. If it's a large glossy booklet, I throw in the trash without looking at it.

was it just me, or did anybody else notice how FOX pumped and dumped precious metal on the old folks with fears of worthless money any minute? why nobody collectively called this shysters out on this scare tactic robbing the old is beyond me.

was it just me, or did anybody else notice how FOX pumped and dumped precious metal on the old folks with fears of worthless money any minute? why nobody collectively called this shysters out on this scare tactic robbing the old is beyond me.
That's not just Fox, goal peddlers have always used fear of economic disaster.to sell their product.

It was also CNBC, Bloombery, RT and this and other message boards on gold.

Flopper, the free sales pitch dinners around here run 5-10 times higher than the restaurants mentioned on the Food Channel's triple D show is that true where you are too?

It was also CNBC, Bloombery, RT and this and other message boards on gold.

Flopper, the free sales pitch dinners around here run 5-10 times higher than the restaurants mentioned on the Food Channel's triple D show is that true where you are too?
Probably so, however I really don't go to sales presentations very often. I've found most of them are a waste of time. The last one I attended was about 5 years ago, a sales pitch for oil and gas limited partnerships. a real rip off.

Just go to Wikipedia and look up Modern Portfolio theory then use either the links or investopedia to explain the terms you don't understand. There are massive diseconomies of scale in investing as in if you can't beat Buffett's record something is wrong with you. Since 1998 he has lagged the S&P on average and since 2010 he has struck out on earnings every year just google for his own public statements on the subject. When you are that big it is hard to find investments that make a difference in your bottomline and that you can get into, much less get off. I disagree with his self assessment that he could have gotten out of Coca-Cola at the top and agree with him that he should have. With positions that big getting out isn't really possible. Small and medium cap value stocks beat the averages by a huge amount. And there are enough of them to get you bery rich indeed.

Just go to Wikipedia and look up Modern Portfolio theory then use either the links or investopedia to explain the terms you don't understand. There are massive diseconomies of scale in investing as in if you can't beat Buffett's record something is wrong with you. Since 1998 he has lagged the S&P on average and since 2010 he has struck out on earnings every year just google for his own public statements on the subject. When you are that big it is hard to find investments that make a difference in your bottomline and that you can get into, much less get off. I disagree with his self assessment that he could have gotten out of Coca-Cola at the top and agree with him that he should have. With positions that big getting out isn't really possible. Small and medium cap value stocks beat the averages by a huge amount. And there are enough of them to get you bery rich indeed.
Some people have the crazy idea that market success is synonymous with beating the s&p500. What they fail to realize is that those big gains in the index are often followed by big loses. I'm certainly happy my portfolio rarely beats this index. During the 2007 to 2009 market collapse the S&P500 lose 46% of it's value.

Forum List

Back