Stock market 11/18/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Dow futures -96.

HANG SENG INDEX (Hong Kong's stock market) took a nice hit overnight -4.54% or 613.64.

The Nikkea (Japan's stock market) also took a hit down 2.25% or 194 points.

Oil is down below $55 per barrel, which is half good, half bad. As soon as the economy begins to recover, oil will shoot up again. I'd say within a year or two, we could be looking at $200 a barrel.

Green stocks have taken such a massive hit since the economy went sour and oil went up. I've lost my investments on every single one of them, including First Solar (FSLR) that I bought earlier this year at $250/share. The company spiked to $311/share in May and is now down to $115.55 per share and should be under $100/share by the end of the year.

On January 19 next year, I'm going to invest in green stocks because of what Obama wants to do with Green technology. They'll be a bargain by that time, but take a while to go up. NOTE: Obama wants nothing to do with natural gas. Do not invest in any natural gas companies.

Anyone else notice that the price of food has gone down rather rapidly in the last month or so?

I'm loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back