Spend More, Tax the Rich Americans Say

Tell you what. Tell us your income from last year and tell us how much in income taxes you paid and we will see that you did not pay 36% or even 35% in income tax.

My income is not for public display....but if you are seruious with this question, then you are making it quite clear that you do not understand the tax codes...how they work, etc.

My take home income is well below 60% of my gross now that my mortage is paid off and my children are out of the house.
Then you're an idiot. Anyone that pays that kind of income tax doesn't take advantage of the numerous shelters and deductions available to them.

I am an idiot?
I am a safe man...not an idiot. I have some tax deferred investments....but I have found my money is safer in taxable holdings.
I find it funny how you refer to someone who is safe with his money, and thus making less on it and paying more taxes on it is an idiot.
And then you say you want it so ALL are idiots.
The irony is amusing.

It seems fair to me as the rich receive more tax cuts than the rest of us. For example, they've enjoyed lower rates on investment income that most receive on actual employment income.

They've had a nice ride for years maybe it is time for them to put some money into the country that enabled them to thrive.

How can you even compare tax cuts on investment earning to tax cuts on income? What's your argument here? That because you can't afford to invest in something it is morally justified to tax the hell out of the investment earnings of those that can? How fucking ridiculous or you?

And a lot of the rich got richer gambling that our economy would go down.

When you buy stock from another individual, you are not investing in that company. You are just trading baseball cards.

To call it morally repugnanat also requires one to assume many factors that simply aren't so. It assumes the one with excess income is doing the same amount of work as the poor person.

That's probably our greatest error. Since capitalism involves remuneration based on the product of the combination of one's labor and one capital, those with access to much capital can be idle and not labor, while the poor can labor furiously and yet remain poor.

And the rich can become paupers overnight.

Reward is not based on how hard one works. If that were so then the guys who collect empty aluminum cans would be millionaires.
Reward is based on economic utility. Jack Welch was one of the highest paid CEOs in history because he produced a stunning amount of wealth for GE, its workers, and its shareholders. Of course he worked all the time doing it, but that is irrelevant. If he had been able to achieve the same thing working 4 hours a day he would still be worth it.
Saladin, your comments reveal a Marxist bias, papered over with Muslim propaganda against interest. It is hard to take someone like that seriously. Especially when their avatar is that of a terrorist group.

Tell you what. Tell us your income from last year and tell us how much in income taxes you paid and we will see that you did not pay 36% or even 35% in income tax.

My income is not for public display....but if you are seruious with this question, then you are making it quite clear that you do not understand the tax codes...how they work, etc.

My take home income is well below 60% of my gross now that my mortage is paid off and my children are out of the house.
Then you're an idiot. Anyone that pays that kind of income tax doesn't take advantage of the numerous shelters and deductions available to them.

And by the way...name caller.....I take advantage of every deduction the law allows.
But I am not keen on tax sheltewrs as many of them are shady and many of them fall flat on their face in the end.

I guess I dont like to lose money and then blame the "tax shelter"...I am respojnsible for my own financial decisions....and I find it humorous that my safe investing makes me stupid in the eyes of a liberal.

Last edited:
It seems fair to me as the rich receive more tax cuts than the rest of us. For example, they've enjoyed lower rates on investment income that most receive on actual employment income.

They've had a nice ride for years maybe it is time for them to put some money into the country that enabled them to thrive.

How can you even compare tax cuts on investment earning to tax cuts on income? What's your argument here? That because you can't afford to invest in something it is morally justified to tax the hell out of the investment earnings of those that can? How fucking ridiculous or you?

When you buy stock from another individual, you are not investing in that company. You are just trading baseball cards.

Have you ever taken a serious class in economics? Do you know what the hell you are talking about??

No one pays 36% of their income as tax.

Highest INCOME tax bracket is 35% (if I am not mistaken and please correct me if I am wrong)... HOWEVER... more than 35% of my personal in come is taken in taxes.... federal tax, state tax, local tax, property tax, sales tax, gas tax, entertainment tax, hotel tax, social security tax, medicare tax, gift tax, transfer tax, and numerous other excise taxes....

As stated Ravi... I paid more of my income to that in taxes... and as stated, taxes that it is taken for fall in many places BEYOND the basic income tax

Have you ever taken a serious class in economics? Do you know what the hell you are talking about??

How much money does say Kodak get when I buy a share of their stock on the market which was sold by Joe the Plumber?

Economics training is out of date. How many of our economics experts saw this crash coming even 1 year before it happened?

Last edited:

And by the way...name caller.....I take advantage of every deduction the law allows.
But I am not keen on tax sheltewrs as many of them are shady and many of them fall flat on their face in the end.

I guess I dont like to lose money and then blame the "tax shelter"...I am respojnsible for my own financial decisions....and I find it humorous that my safe investing makes me stupid in the eyes of a liberal.
:rolleyes: Unless you take absolutely no deductions your income tax rate is nowhere near 30%...so you are either an idiot or a liar.

How much money does say Kodak get when I buy a share of their stock on the market which was sold by Joe the Plumber?

I will not get into the depth of stcocks.,....

But the value put on the stock is what is at issue....so no...Kodak (LMAO...of all companies to use)...does not make actual money...but what you pay for it when Joe sells it is quite important to Kodaks value as a company...its creditworthiness....its liquidity...and thus its borrowing power...and ability to grow and compete.

You really need a lesson in basic economics. You are so out of your league riught now you are looking like truthmatters

Economics training is out of date. How many of our economics experts saw this crash coming even 1 year before it happened?

How much money does Kodak lose when no one wants to buy their stock?

Your economics training is not only out of date, it is non-existent. This is obvious from your posts.

:rolleyes: Unless you take absolutely no deductions your income tax rate is nowhere near 30%...so you are either an idiot or a liar.

Name caller......I will say it again....you obviously do not live in NY.

I do not lie...and believe me...I am no idiot.

I am wealthy...comfortable...self made....have a company to pass on...and employ many.

No sir...I am not an idiot.

It isn't an error at all. It's the difference between working hard and working smart.

It's more a matter of the difference between working and not working. There is nothing of value provided by an economic oligarchy, and no substantive labor contribution made by those who simply hoard wealth and access to productive resources to lend it out and benefit from usury as they will without doing anything else.

Good for them. Look at the bigger picture. I mean the really big picture. Would any of us work if we could afford not to? I sure wouldn't. None of us have a lot of time on this planet and there is an awful lot to experience. More than we have time for. Think about how little time you have to really experience the things you want to. We spend a third of our lives asleep. Okay I have two thirds left to do things I want to do. Problem is most of them have to paid for. So I need a cash flow which for me and pretty much everyone else, means getting a job. and working 8 hours a day. That's another 25% of my life until I'm 65 or so. So if I follow that pattern, less than half of my time on this planet is mine to do with as a I please. I can either accept that or find a way to generate cash flow that requires less of my time. THAT people should be the goal. My philosophy is life is meant to be lived, not worked. My philosophy is also that it is no one elses obligation to facilitate that.

Last edited:
No one pays 36% of their income as tax.

Highest INCOME tax bracket is 35% (if I am not mistaken and please correct me if I am wrong)... HOWEVER... more than 35% of my personal in come is taken in taxes.... federal tax, state tax, local tax, property tax, sales tax, gas tax, entertainment tax, hotel tax, social security tax, medicare tax, gift tax, transfer tax, and numerous other excise taxes....
That is crap. OASI and Medicare/Medicaid taxes hit everyone. Hard, unless you earn a lot. There is no withholding or minimum level needed to get hit. Nope every penny you earn, right up to the maximum, is TAXED by that particular government scam. Have no doubt it is a scam. The person who worked hard and saved, all the while being taxed taxedtaxed by Social Security (twice because the employer co-pay is effectively wages he will never offer the employee) and managed to secure a comfortable retirement now is told they are too rich to get their Social Security benefit because Congress can't control their urge to spend ever more.

But the value put on the stock is what is at issue....so no...Kodak (LMAO...of all companies to use)...does not make actual money...but what you pay for it when Joe sells it is quite important to Kodaks value as a company...its creditworthiness....its liquidity...and thus its borrowing power...and ability to grow and compete.

You really need a lesson in basic economics. You are so out of your league riught now you are looking like truthmatters

Ahh but I saw the crash coming before the eggspurts did.

I played the market made good money then moved to gold eagles and safe investments before it all fell apart.
I lost not one dime because of the fall.

How many of those experts did that well?

talk all you want but the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:
That is crap. OASI and Medicare/Medicaid taxes hit everyone. Hard, unless you earn a lot. There is no withholding or minimum level needed to get hit. Nope every penny you earn, right up to the maximum, is TAXED by that particular government scam. Have no doubt it is a scam. The person who worked hard and saved, all the while being taxed taxedtaxed by Social Security (twice because the employer co-pay is effectively wages he will never offer the employee) and managed to secure a comfortable retirement now is told they are too rich to get their Social Security benefit because Congress can't control their urge to spend ever more.
We were discussing federal income taxes, not ss and medicare.

Ahh but I saw the crash coming before the eggspurts did.

I played the market made good money then moved to gold eagles and safe investments before it all fell apart.
I lost not one dime because of the fall.

How many of those experts did that well?

talk all you want but the proof is in the pudding.

I got hurt....sure did. Not because I am an idiot...and by no means am I a victim.....I sinmply made some poor decsions.

But as for my long term investements? I am up over 12% over the last 2 years....

But I am curious...are you saying my breif decription to Ravi about how stock sales affects a company's value is wrong?

Actually Ravi... they way you stated it was about how much of a person's income was taken in taxes.. not just limited to income tax
If you read back I was replying to Myst or whomever that was claiming people paid 36% in income taxes.

And here in NY, our income is taxed by the city, the state, the fed...throw in FICA (for our first 104K) and eliminate exemptions such as our children who moved off and our interest on first home which is paid off...and then throw in my tax defewrreds and other exemptions...and I take home about 56% of my income.

But I am an idiot for not hiding more of my income.

Dammed if I do and dammed if I dont in the eyes of a liberal.

Forum List

Back