Spend More, Tax the Rich Americans Say

Actually Ravi... they way you stated it was about how much of a person's income was taken in taxes.. not just limited to income tax
If you read back I was replying to Myst or whomever that was claiming people paid 36% in income taxes.
Let everyone feel the pain of paying 36% of your income to the government. It hurts.

And that's just income. Add in sales taxes, property taxes, carbon taxes, hell it won't be worth it to even work anymore when half your money is taken from you.
No one pays 36% of their income as tax.

But your statement goes beyond that person's small mistake.. though no mistake when you can also add in state income taxes being % of your income to the government in income taxes

Money earned in excess of basic needs is saved and invested, providing capital for future businesses and employment across the board.

Well, in theory. Where have you been the past 8 years? That is not happening. IT NEVER HAPPENS. The people who profit are not reinvesting. They are not creating jobs. They are hoarding and hidinig the money. Nothing good came out of the Bush tax cuts to those that don't need them. Not one damn thing. There was not one iota of economic gain from them. If anything, I would say that they were extremely harmful to our economy - especially to the middle class.

Tax Burden Shifts to the Middle (washingtonpost.com)
Study: Bush Tax Cuts Cost More Than Twice As Much As Dems' Health-Care Bill | Crooks and Liars

Money earned in excess of basic needs is saved and invested, providing capital for future businesses and employment across the board.

Well, in theory. Where have you been the past 8 years? That is not happening. IT NEVER HAPPENS. The people who profit are not reinvesting. They are not creating jobs. They are hoarding and hidinig the money. Nothing good came out of the Bush tax cuts to those that don't need them. Not one damn thing. There was not one iota of economic gain from them. If anything, I would say that they were extremely harmful to our economy - especially to the middle class.

Study: Bush Tax Cuts Cost More Than Twice As Much As Dems' Health-Care Bill | Crooks and Liars

Because YOU as a leftist must be able to tell them what to do with their money :rolleyes:

No.. they can't make up for years of lost profits and get their losses back before they re-invest :rolleyes:
No... there are not other factors to look at :rolleyes:

Idiot leftist buffoon

Lol. Most loopholes have been closed. Believe me, the rich pay more than their fair share in taxes.

Oh really? I would bet my life that no millionaire pays upwards of 40% of his entire income to state and federal taxes like I do. I make under 50K a year. They do NOT pay their fair share. I pay much more than my share compared to a very wealthy person.

The SS money that your employer pays in for you is not taxed.

What does that have to do with anything?
All tax matching by the employer does not have any affect on an employee's taxable income.

Perhpas I misread an earlier post which seemed to indicate it was taxed.

To the conrary, when I match my employees tax, it is deductable for my company.

My stautory costs for an employee is about 18% of the employees salary.

Not sure if people are aware of how much an employee costs a company above and beyond their salary as it pertains to cost of payroll. Did you know that both the first AND second employer of record pays for an individuals unemployemtn?

Yep..and this is true.....if Joe quits my job for a new job...and he is fired from that new job....me, as the second employer of record is charged a percentage of his unemployment (it is based on my ratio....a long drawn out thing).

There is a reason small busoiness owners are afraid to hire with all of these initiatives that will result in increase in taxes on the table right now.

My company....we forecast 3 quarters ahead....and all decsions made are based on what we anticipate 3 quarters down the road in regard to demand for services and cost to perform. In a recession, such is hard to do...but when you add on things like POSSIBLE cap and trade, POSSIBLE health care reform, POSSIBLE commuter tax.....such is nearly impossible to do.

It really is not rhetoric when you hear business owners saying that we would hire but there is too much uncertainty as it pertains to our operating costs.

Lol. Most loopholes have been closed. Believe me, the rich pay more than their fair share in taxes.

Oh really? I would bet my life that no millionaire pays upwards of 40% of his entire income to state and federal taxes like I do. I make under 50K a year. They do NOT pay their fair share. I pay much more than my share compared to a very wealthy person.

I must say you are way off with that statement.
We have no more access to "hiding income" than you do.

Because YOU as a leftist must be able to tell them what to do with their money

Wait, now you're saying that the uberwealthy didn't re-invest or create jobs because the liberals told them they couldn't? That's some mighty spin right there, hoss.

Right... being called a buffoon by YOU is quite funny.

And let's guess that with your and your ilk's ideas of selective equality.. that you would squeal like a stuck pig if you had to pay a % share equal to that of a 'rich' person

Wait, now you're saying that the uberwealthy didn't re-invest or create jobs because the liberals told them they couldn't? That's some mighty spin right there, hoss.

Read my post 87 (down about 3....)
This is 100% accurate and if you want to refute it, please site examples.

In a nuitshell....business owners can not hire unless thay have a general idea of anticipated operating costs.

It is known as a cost benefit analysis. One must be applied to every new hire in a company. This is not fantasy...it is basic business management logic.

Do you disagree? If yes...please explain.
Thanks.

And let's guess that with your and your ilk's ideas of selective equality.. that you would squeal like a stuck pig if you had to pay a % share equal to that of a 'rich' person

What... 15% of my income (that I don't even work for) as opposed to nearly 40% (that I DO work for)? No, I'd be delighted.

Try actually reading.. unless reading comprehension is a foreign concept to you

You are making statements along the lines that it is wrong to save or keep their monies earned.... like they must do the things YOU want them to with the recent monies derived from supposed tax cuts or recent profits
I stated that there are other mitigating factors that include the idea of making profits after losing money for years, as well as other things that COULD be reasons behind the alleged smaller amount of 'reinvestment' after the benefit of the 'tax cut'

You're right. I haven't seen a single company come out with a single new product in eight years. It's like time stood still for eight years!.....get real you Bush blaming moron.

Last edited:
Also, as a business owner one can pay himself a "reasonable" salary and then just take the rest out at the end of the year as a draw. Only the reasonable salary is subject to payroll tax. There all all kinds of neat little tricks business owners enjoy that your average working person does not.

What... 15% of my income (that I don't even work for) as opposed to nearly 40% (that I DO work for)? No, I'd be delighted.

Fine... so you can pay the same exact income tax rate as everyone else.. on every dollar you earn.... whether you make 1MIL or 10K...

Yeah... like you would not be screaming bloody murder over something like that

Do you disagree? If yes...please explain.
Thanks.

Yes, I disagree.

If you move your business offshore or downsize to skeleton crews to maximize profits and take advantage of tax breaks and corporate welfare like so many of our companies have, operating cost means nothing, as there will be no hiring no matter what. I really would love to see a real figure of how many jobs this country has lost. I find it a little sinister that no one thought we should be able to know this number. If you look it up, you see "no one really knows how many jobs have been lost forever to outsourcing/ downsizing". I don't think that is an accident.

Seriously... Where were all the jobs that were supposed to be created when Paris Hilton got her much needed tax break, hmmm? Wasn't the housing boom on at that point? Yes. Wasn't the stock market booming? Yes. Weren't people making money hand over fist and spending it just as fast? Yes. The economy didn't collapse until late 2006/2007. We were hemhorraging jobs for the past 8 years, not creating them...

Forum List

Back