Spend More, Tax the Rich Americans Say

Do you disagree? If yes...please explain.
Thanks.

Yes, I disagree.

If you move your business offshore or downsize to skeleton crews to maximize profits and take advantage of tax breaks and corporate welfare like so many of our companies have, operating cost means nothing, as there will be no hiring no matter what. I really would love to see a real figure of how many jobs this country has lost. I find it a little sinister that no one thought we should be able to know this number. If you look it up, you see "no one really knows how many jobs have been lost forever to outsourcing/ downsizing". I don't think that is an accident.

Seriously... Where were all the jobs that were supposed to be created when Paris Hilton got her much needed tax break, hmmm? Wasn't the housing boom on at that point? Yes. Wasn't the stock market booming? Yes. Weren't people making money hand over fist and spending it just as fast? Yes. The economy didn't collapse until late 2006/2007. We were hemhorraging jobs for the past 8 years, not creating them...

The line in bold is what makes your theory incorrect.
A small...very samll.....extremely samll....percentage of business did that...do that...think of doiung that.

Do not fool yourself.....just a handful in comparison to the overall portfolio of businesses in the US.

You are making statements along the lines that it is wrong to save or keep their monies earned.... like they must do the things YOU want them to with the recent monies derived from supposed tax cuts or recent profits

I see. It's ok for a really rich person to keep the majority of his money because he's rich. However, I am not rich, so I am not allowed to keep the majority of what little I make because I am not rich and do not have access to shelters and tax breaks. Yeah, that's fair.

Actually, it was shrub who was saying that these tax cuts would create jobs and stimulate the economy when he was pimping this farce, not me. Remember? I don't have the power to tell anyone to do anything with their money.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with anything?
All tax matching by the employer does not have any affect on an employee's taxable income.

Perhpas I misread an earlier post which seemed to indicate it was taxed.

To the conrary, when I match my employees tax, it is deductable for my company.

My stautory costs for an employee is about 18% of the employees salary.

Not sure if people are aware of how much an employee costs a company above and beyond their salary as it pertains to cost of payroll. Did you know that both the first AND second employer of record pays for an individuals unemployemtn?

Yep..and this is true.....if Joe quits my job for a new job...and he is fired from that new job....me, as the second employer of record is charged a percentage of his unemployment (it is based on my ratio....a long drawn out thing).

There is a reason small busoiness owners are afraid to hire with all of these initiatives that will result in increase in taxes on the table right now.

My company....we forecast 3 quarters ahead....and all decsions made are based on what we anticipate 3 quarters down the road in regard to demand for services and cost to perform. In a recession, such is hard to do...but when you add on things like POSSIBLE cap and trade, POSSIBLE health care reform, POSSIBLE commuter tax.....such is nearly impossible to do.

It really is not rhetoric when you hear business owners saying that we would hire but there is too much uncertainty as it pertains to our operating costs.

I have seen what you stated about unemployment happen 1st hand, right here in my state. An employee quit her job where she was working accepted a 2nd job in which she was fired from and collected unemployment from both the 1st and 2nd employers.

Don't forget that employers match the employee's social security payment. The reason business is not hiring is that they are scared to death of this radical leftist we have as POTUS. They are uncertain about how Health care reform and Cap and Trade will effect their business's. Until they feel confident, they won't be hiring.

Obama held an economic summit, the chamber of commerce and many business organizations were not invited. Senator Hatch on Greta last night stated that he knows of no-one in the Obama administration that has previous experience in the private sector, no-one who has ever had to meet a payroll and that he has surrounded himself with academics and intellectuals.

Fine... so you can pay the same exact income tax rate as everyone else.. on every dollar you earn.... whether you make 1MIL or 10K...

Yeah... like you would not be screaming bloody murder over something like that

No I wouldn't. If I paid 15% as opposed to 40%, I would be quite happy. What part of that don't you get?

Thanks.

Yes, I disagree.

If you move your business offshore or downsize to skeleton crews to maximize profits and take advantage of tax breaks and corporate welfare like so many of our companies have, operating cost means nothing, as there will be no hiring no matter what. I really would love to see a real figure of how many jobs this country has lost. I find it a little sinister that no one thought we should be able to know this number. If you look it up, you see "no one really knows how many jobs have been lost forever to outsourcing/ downsizing". I don't think that is an accident.

Seriously... Where were all the jobs that were supposed to be created when Paris Hilton got her much needed tax break, hmmm? Wasn't the housing boom on at that point? Yes. Wasn't the stock market booming? Yes. Weren't people making money hand over fist and spending it just as fast? Yes. The economy didn't collapse until late 2006/2007. We were hemhorraging jobs for the past 8 years, not creating them...

Because all of the irresponsible behavior with regards to money that we as a country were participating in, rich AND poor, finally caught up to us. There has to be a market for something for there to be a job in the first place. They don't just arise out of thin air. The housing boom was a boom because people were paying for houses they couldn't really afford because of the ridiculous mortgage products and because Democrats thought everybody deserves the house of their dreams whether they can pay for it or not.

Last edited:
Perhpas I misread an earlier post which seemed to indicate it was taxed.

To the conrary, when I match my employees tax, it is deductable for my company.

My stautory costs for an employee is about 18% of the employees salary.

Not sure if people are aware of how much an employee costs a company above and beyond their salary as it pertains to cost of payroll. Did you know that both the first AND second employer of record pays for an individuals unemployemtn?

Yep..and this is true.....if Joe quits my job for a new job...and he is fired from that new job....me, as the second employer of record is charged a percentage of his unemployment (it is based on my ratio....a long drawn out thing).

There is a reason small busoiness owners are afraid to hire with all of these initiatives that will result in increase in taxes on the table right now.

My company....we forecast 3 quarters ahead....and all decsions made are based on what we anticipate 3 quarters down the road in regard to demand for services and cost to perform. In a recession, such is hard to do...but when you add on things like POSSIBLE cap and trade, POSSIBLE health care reform, POSSIBLE commuter tax.....such is nearly impossible to do.

It really is not rhetoric when you hear business owners saying that we would hire but there is too much uncertainty as it pertains to our operating costs.

I have seen what you stated about unemployment happen 1st hand, right here in my state. An employee quit her job where she was working accepted a 2nd job in which she was fired from and collected unemployment from both the 1st and 2nd employers.

Don't forget that employers match the employee's social security payment. The reason business is not hiring is that they are scared to death of this radical leftist we have as POTUS. They are uncertain about how Health care reform and Cap and Trade will effect their business's. Until they feel confident, they won't be hiring.

Obama held an economic summit, the chamber of commerce and many business organizations were not invited. Senator Hatch on Greta last night stated that he knows of no-one in the Obama administration that has previous experience in the private sector, no-one who has ever had to meet a payroll and that he has surrounded himself with academics and intellectuals.

My statutory costs (payroll cost) per employee is 18% of their salary....NO including healthcare.

The percentage of healthcare is different per emplyee as the cost of healthcare is not a factor of their salary. It is constant per employee.

You DO know what distributions are? Or do you not.

You DO know what an s-corp and an llp are? Or do you not.

You do know most of the "wealthy" are s-corp or llp owners? Or do you not.

Yes on all three. God, I wish you neocons would stop the slavering idoltry of greedy corporations. It's nauseating.

Thanks.

Yes, I disagree.

Because all of the irresponsible behavior with regards to money that we as a country were participating in rich AND poor finally caught up to us.

This is acccurate.....but I must ask..

Then why are the rich the evil ones and the poor the victims?

Then why do you continue to sing the praises of increasing taxation on only some, all the while they share a higher % burden than the rest of the populous
Because the "some" have so many loopholes that they do not share the same tax burden as the rest of us.

Like offshore bank accounts, perhaps?

something stopping you form putting your money in offshore accounts....using the same "loopholes".....

You DO know what distributions are? Or do you not.

You DO know what an s-corp and an llp are? Or do you not.

You do know most of the "wealthy" are s-corp or llp owners? Or do you not.

Yes on all three. God, I wish you neocons would stop the slavering idoltry of greedy corporations. It's nauseating.

I do not idol greedy corporations. I boycott them. And most go under in time.

I diolize capitalism....and with all the pluses that comes with capitlism, we will have some bad apples......but in the long run....those bad apples are nothig compared to the advantages.

Let everyone feel the pain of paying 36% of your income to the government. It hurts.

And that's just income. Add in sales taxes, property taxes, carbon taxes, hell it won't be worth it to even work anymore when half your money is taken from you.

With a pure flat tax on all personal income the rate could be perhaps as low as 10-15%.

you do realize someone making 50,000 will give up 5k and someone making 500,000 k will give up 50,000 when they used to give up almost 200,000

Yes, I disagree.

Because all of the irresponsible behavior with regards to money that we as a country were participating in rich AND poor finally caught up to us.

All kinds of reasons. Class envy. We want what other people have but not work for it. You have people like Peepers, who hates his boss and thinks that must be how the business world really is everywhere. Really all it boils down to, and this is especially true of liberals, the fact that most people wil avoid like the plague confronting their own behavior as the cause of their problems. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault.

All kinds of reasons. Class envy. We want what other people have but not work for it. You have people like Peepers, who hates his boss and thinks that must be how the business world really is everywhere. Really all it boils down to, and this is especially true of liberals, the fact that most people wil avoid like the plague confronting their own behavior as the cause of their problems. It's ALWAYS someone elses fault.

Thus why my question was rhetorical.

I am a business owner and I employ a healthy staff. This year, with business down, I was lucky enough to have forecasted well enough to not have to lay off. To the contrary, I opened another serrvice division that has a very small profit margin but a big strain on cash flow. But it is a needed service in this economy and it employs notaries.....so me, the evil rich business owner is currently helping several hundred people without a job, but with a valid notary comission, to generate 500-1000 a week in unexpected income...at very little profit and a major strain on cash flow.

THAT is en example of Americans helping Americans without the aid of governemnt...and more do it than many realize.

But conitnue to hate us and demean us in public, and we may just say "the hell with you".....

Last edited:
Like offshore bank accounts, perhaps?

something stopping you form putting your money in offshore accounts....using the same "loopholes".....

The exact point I madew when I said "we have no more access to hiding income than anyone else"...

But Ravi ignored it.
I don't believe I ever said anything about hiding income. I said loopholes. For instance, one of them is wealthy people are allowed to right off a higher percentage of their charitable contributions.

We were discussing federal income taxes, not ss and medicare.
I was discussing the indisputable FACT that every tax ends up being paid by more than just the rich. I was refuting, as I recall, your ludicrous claim that no one had a tax burden greater than 35% or so.

Thus why my question was rhetorical.

I am a business owner and I employ a healthy staff. This year, with business down, I was lucky enough to have forecasted well enough to not have to lay off. To the contrary, I opened another serrvice division that has a very small profit margin but a big strain on cash flow. But it is a needed service in this economy and it employs notaries.....so me, the evil rich business owner is currently helping several hundred people without a job, but with a valid notary comission, to generate 500-1000 a week in unexpected income...at very little profit and a major strain on cash flow.

THAT is en example of Americans helping Americans without the aid of governemnt...and more do it than many realize.

But conitnue to hate us and demean us in public, and we may just say "the hell with you".....

Then Atlas Shrugged would be right up yor alley.

We were discussing federal income taxes, not ss and medicare.
I was discussing the indisputable FACT that every tax ends up being paid by more than just the rich. I was refuting, as I recall, your ludicrous claim that no one had a tax burden greater than 35% or so.
Again, I was speaking of income tax. But if you do wish to add in SS and medicare, the highest amount...after deductions...would be more around 30%.

The exact point I madew when I said "we have no more access to hiding income than anyone else"...

But Ravi ignored it.
I don't believe I ever said anything about hiding income. I said loopholes. For instance, one of them is wealthy people are allowed to right off a higher percentage of their charitable contributions.

But that is based on the fact that we are in a higher income tax bracket....so it is a wash in that regard.

So our write offs have the exact same impact on our income...

So what am I missing?

Forum List

Back