Spain's Catholic Church backs Condoms

JOKER96BRAVO said:
This is strange cause I just watched that South Park episode about
the Catholic Priests getting caught with the little boys.
I know it's not that funny in real life but South Park has a way
of making a situation I can't stand seem funny.

As with all liberal propaganda, they will intentionally smear an entire group of their perceived enemy for the infractions of a few. There are more good priests than there are pedophiles in the priesthood.

What I find amusing (sort of) is the fact that it was mainly homosexual members of the priesthood that engaged in pedophilia - the very same homosexuals that the liberal left supports. Also many of the pedophile targets were altar boys of the age which the liberal left considers to be old enough to consent to sex and for which they are attempting to change the laws.

Classic liberal hypocrisy.

ScreamingEagle said:
As with all liberal propaganda, they will intentionally smear an entire group of their perceived enemy for the infractions of a few. There are more good priests than there are pedophiles in the priesthood.

What I find amusing (sort of) is the fact that it was mainly homosexual members of the priesthood that engaged in pedophilia - the very same homosexuals that the liberal left supports. Also many of the pedophile targets were altar boys of the age which the liberal left considers to be old enough to consent to sex and for which they are attempting to change the laws.

As always...
Someone on here speaks my mind better than me.

ScreamingEagle said:

What I find amusing is how you accuse liberals of stereotyping a split second before you engage in it yourself. To insinuate that all homosexuals are pedophiles is as blatantly stupid as insinuating that all priests are pedophiles.

MissileMan said:
What I find amusing is how you accuse liberals of stereotyping a split second before you engage in it yourself. To insinuate that all homosexuals are pedophiles is as blatantly stupid as insinuating that all priests are pedophiles.

Maybe you should reread what he wrote because he made no such insinuation that all homosexuals are pedophilis. But then that kind of straw man argument is typical from the left when confronted with the fact that the pedophile priests who are molesting boys are homosexuals.

The Catholic Church is an immoral, decaying institution.

It refuses to condone the use of condoms, which could save millions of lives in Africa alone. Right now, in part thanks to the ignorant smugness of the Pope and his children molesting ilk, African women who try to protect themselves from their husband's philandering are beaten (literally in some cases) into submission to their husband's preference for no condoms, no protection. This means hundreds of thousands of good, moral African women are infected with HIV/AIDS and other STDS by their husbands, for no good reason other than they "follow" church doctorine.

Anyone wanna debate it, let's go. I've been to South Africa, witnessed how a callous Catholic priest told desperate wives that they would have to obey their husband's command to not use a condom, thereby dooming many women into getting infected at some point in the future.

At least during the Holocaust in WW2, the Catholic Church was silent in the face of evil. During the AIDS holocaust, the Catholic Church is an open advocate for the side of evil and death. Great job Mr. Pope, btw, have you decided to do something more than issue a few statements to stop your priests from molesting kids and the other priests from covering up for them?

NATO AIR said:
The Catholic Church is an immoral, decaying institution.

It refuses to condone the use of condoms, which could save millions of lives in Africa alone. Right now, in part thanks to the ignorant smugness of the Pope and his children molesting ilk, African women who try to protect themselves from their husband's philandering are beaten (literally in some cases) into submission to their husband's preference for no condoms, no protection. This means hundreds of thousands of good, moral African women are infected with HIV/AIDS and other STDS by their husbands, for no good reason other than they "follow" church doctorine.

Anyone wanna debate it, let's go. I've been to South Africa, witnessed how a callous Catholic priest told desperate wives that they would have to obey their husband's command to not use a condom, thereby dooming many women into getting infected at some point in the future.

At least during the Holocaust in WW2, the Catholic Church was silent in the face of evil. During the AIDS holocaust, the Catholic Church is an open advocate for the side of evil and death. Great job Mr. Pope, btw, have you decided to do something more than issue a few statements to stop your priests from molesting kids and the other priests from covering up for them?

Why should the Catholic Church have to condone the use of condoms? If people CHOOSE to take the risk of extramarital sex and other unhealthy habits, why is it so bad for the Church to take the stance of encouraging abstinance and sex only within marriage to combat these problems instead of handing out rubbers to give people a feel good permission to screw anything that moves? By the way, do your history homework, many Catholics were killed in the German death camps for assisting Jews in their escape from the Nazi's. And yes the Pope should have done more to clean out the homosexual pedophiles that were dwelling within the Church, seeing their only reason for being there was to play around with little boys. :poke:

NATO AIR said:

The tactic of the Catholic church is brilliant. By banning birth control they turn every Catholic woman into the pope's own personal baby machine. What better way to ensure the survival and growth of the church?

Boy, do you liberals have your priorities all wrong. Rubbers are NOT the real answer.
The Church supports abstinence and is against adultery. Those are ITS priorities.

This is how it works:
1) If you both abstain from sex before marriage you will not get AIDS.
2) If you do not commit adultery during marriage you will not get AIDS.
If you follow the methods of the Catholic Church, you have an IRONCLAD method of preventing AIDS. Much better than some holy rubbers.

This is why conservatives support abstinence and are not at all happy about our schools passing out condoms to our kids. Abstinence works. Passing out rubbers like candy just encourages kids to have premarital sex and make sex seem to be some kind of recreational pastime they can indulge in whenever and wherever with whomever. Sex is a powerful part of life and it must be kept in line with one's morality which is another powerful part of one's life. The two should go hand-in-hand.

Shallow Secular Liberals think a piece of latex is the "answer" to so many problems. They are wrong. The real answer is good behavior according to God's laws. Good behavior leads to good results. Rubbers are only an inert piece of material used during the bad behavior taking place which is what is REALLY leading to problems of all sorts.

It seems to me that the wives should be taught to refuse sex instead of providing rubbers for their wayward husbands. Something is very wrong with that picture. [providing a cheating husband a rubber to have sex] And they should also learn to demand an AIDS test before letting him back in their bed. Unlike a good marriage, a rubber is no guarantee that they will not contract AIDS.

Despite the fact that the liberal press condemns the Church for a few homosexual pedophile priests within its midst, the Catholic Church always has been and still is all about good behavior. It is not about rubbers.

ps: what on earth makes you think that a husband who beats his wife will listen to her if she demanded he wear a rubber when it is considered to be macho by African men to not wear them? this is the stupidest argument against the Church I have ever heard.

greeneyez1029 said:
Why should the Catholic Church have to condone the use of condoms? If people CHOOSE to take the risk of extramarital sex and other unhealthy habits, why is it so bad for the Church to take the stance of encouraging abstinance and sex only within marriage to combat these problems instead of handing out rubbers to give people a feel good permission to screw anything that moves? By the way, do your history homework, many Catholics were killed in the German death camps for assisting Jews in their escape from the Nazi's. And yes the Pope should have done more to clean out the homosexual pedophiles that were dwelling within the Church, seeing their only reason for being there was to play around with little boys. :poke:

Again, what litle moral authority the Catholic Church had left was lost with their pedophile supporting, aiding and abbetting. The Pope and his ilk should be in jail. Saying they should have done more is giving them an excuse, albeit a shitty one, for their decades of silence and quiet coverups.

I did not condemn all Catholics for being silent during the Holocaust, and I know my history probably much, much more than you do in regards to the Holocaust. I condemned the Catholic Church, i.e. the Vatican, for its silence and indifference.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/pius.html
there's some info for you on the vatican during ww2.

and while we're at it, the current Pope is an anti-american ally of the French.... wouldn't surprise me at all if the Vatican was in on the Oil For Food Scandal.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=15&num=1883
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2811047.stm

ScreamingEagle said:
It seems to me that the wives should be taught to refuse sex instead of providing rubbers for their wayward husbands. Something is very wrong with that picture. [providing a cheating husband a rubber to have sex] And they should also learn to demand an AIDS test before letting him back in their bed. Unlike a good marriage, a rubber is no guarantee that they will not contract AIDS.

a- the husband would either beat the wife or cast her out in 99% of the cases, with the church taking the husband's side, not the wive's.
b- at least if the church would say the woman had the right to demand he wear a rubber, at least it would be supporting her in her struggle for something close to equal rights. there will always be adultery, but there doesn't always have to be AIDS.

ScreamingEagle said:
Despite the fact that the liberal press condemns the Church for a few homosexual pedophile priests within its midst, the Catholic Church always has been and still is all about good behavior. It is not about rubbers.
A few????? Right there I know you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Nearly 11,000 cases, according to the church itself, which is probably low-balling it. Its so fitting the Catholic Church is going to go out of business because of this and all the rightful lawsuits heading its way.
About good behavior really? Its nice to know the same priests who moralize about good behavior were helping to cover up the disgusting behavior of their brother priests.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/141/story_14120_1.html
One report is the first church-sanctioned tally of abuse cases: It found there have been 10,667 abuse claims over those 52 years. More than 80 percent of the alleged victims were male and over half said they were between ages 11 and 14 when they were assaulted.

About 4 percent of all American clerics who served during the years studied - 4,392 of the 109,694 priests and others under vows to the church - were accused of abuse.

Victims' advocates immediately decried the figures as low. ``Thousands of victims haven't reported and dozens of bishops aren't telling all they know,'' said David Clohessy, national director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests. ``They have no incentive to.''

ScreamingEagle said:
ps: what on earth makes you think that a husband who beats his wife will listen to her if she demanded he wear a rubber when it is considered to be macho by African men to not wear them? this is the stupidest argument against the Church I have ever heard.

If the Church took the woman's side in the argument, told the man he should (a) stop cheating and (b) wear a condom until he can be tested (and oh by the way, AIDS doesn't show up in all cases until up to 7 years after infection), maybe the man would listen to reason, and at least the church would be taking the right side, standing up for the wives and the children.

btw, another thing. what kind of moral church refuses to realize that birth control is a neccessity for many in the world, especially husbands and wives who already have enough kids and don't want anymore, but don't want to give up the most enjoyable experience in life (sex with love)?
Fuck the Vatican, Fuck the Pope, Fuck the people who bitch about this and don't realize the fact that lives are on the line everyday in Africa and around the world with AIDS, and that condoms, in addition to education (about abstinence and birth control), treatment and leadership from high up, save lives.

By refusing to admit condoms can save lives in places like Africa, you're condemning people to die. There is no excuse for that kind of ignorance.

BTW, I don't think American school students should be getting condoms from school nurses and teachers. In the end though, by trying to link this with American students and kids, you're making a dreadful, deadly misjudgement.

:slap:
NATO AIR said:
Again, what litle moral authority the Catholic Church had left was lost with their pedophile supporting, aiding and abbetting. The Pope and his ilk should be in jail. Saying they should have done more is giving them an excuse, albeit a shitty one, for their decades of silence and quiet coverups.

I did not condemn all Catholics for being silent during the Holocaust, and I know my history probably much, much more than you do in regards to the Holocaust. I condemned the Catholic Church, i.e. the Vatican, for its silence and indifference.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/anti-semitism/pius.html
there's some info for you on the vatican during

and while we're at it, the current Pope is an anti-american ally of the French.... wouldn't surprise me at all if the Vatican was in on the Oil For Food Scandal.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=15&num=1883
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2811047.stm

Sorry, but the Pedophiles within the Church and the ones who shifted them around are the ones who should be in jail. The Pope didn't make any of them abuse kids.

I'm a 2nd generation Canadian, my family immigrated here from Italy in '43, yes I have been taught my history....You should never ASSume the knowledge of another...

Your own bias towards the Church does not make your posts factual. And you still didn't tell me why it is you think the Church should be responsible for handing out rubbers to people who are already going against Church teaching by commiting adultery, having sex out of wedlock, homosexual sex, etc...Church is not there to keep them physically healthy, that's a doctors job, the Church's job is to keep them spiritually healthy..Handing them out rubbers is not going to accomplish that.

It's really very simple if these people are tired of getting sick, perhaps they need to examine the kind of behavior they engage in? :slap:

Sorry, but the Pedophiles within the Church and the ones who shifted them around are the ones who should be in jail. The Pope didn't make any of them abuse kids.

That's ridiculous. The Pope is culpable too, IF he knew what was going on. Everyone who was aware of the situation is responsible for covering it up.

Your own bias towards the Church does not make your posts factual.

Are you speaking of the links or his opinion?

And you still didn't tell me why it is you think the Church should be responsible for handing out rubbers to people who are already going against Church teaching by committing adultery, having sex out of wedlock, homosexual sex, etc...Church is not there to keep them physically healthy, that's a doctors job, the Church's job is to keep them spiritually healthy..Handing them out rubbers is not going to accomplish that

The church could teach abstinence and aids awareness if they had compassion and a desire to help. If passing out condoms goes against their teachings of living a moral life style, one would think they should feel compelled to find other ways to help. There are people who get caught up in what is going on in the world due to circumstance, are they less worthy of compassion and help because they are HIV positive?

MissileMan said:
The tactic of the Catholic church is brilliant. By banning birth control they turn every Catholic woman into the pope's own personal baby machine. What better way to ensure the survival and growth of the church?

You know what Missile Man, it is VERY apparrent that you cannot have a logical discussion regarding faith church or otherwise as you OBVIOUSLY have a deep seeded hatred of all that is religion, specifically Christian, and or Catholic which renders you incapable of having anything worthy to say on the topic. Why don't you just get over yourself!!

The church could teach abstinence and aids awareness if they had compassion and a desire to help. If passing out condoms goes against their teachings of living a moral life style, one would think they should feel compelled to find other ways to help. There are people who get caught up in what is going on in the world due to circumstance, are they less worthy of compassion and help because they are HIV positive?
[/QUOTE]

The church does many things to help those with AIDS, too numerous to mention. Mother Theresa herself devoted her entire life to living with those suffering with AIDS, and many missionaries and priests go to places where they need to worry about being machettied while they sleep, so that they can minister to those not only suffering from AIDS but also the poorest of the poor. I have the utmost respect for that. There is no need for the church to condone the use of condoms to prove they are compassionate! They put their actions to the test everyday!

Bonnie said:
The church does many things to help those with AIDS, too numerous to mention. Mother Theresa herself devoted her entire life to living with those suffering with AIDS, and many missionaries and priests go to places where they need to worry about being machettied while they sleep, so that they can minister to those not only suffering from AIDS but also the poorest of the poor. I have the utmost respect for that. There is no need for the church to condone the use of condoms to prove they are compassionate! They put their actions to the test everyday!

You're right Bonne! Saying "if they're tired of getting sick" really makes my blood boil, especially when there are innocent people dying everyday!

ScreamingEagle said:

One thing that everyone seems to overlook in this horrible situation is A.... it was a very small amount of so called priests that did this so it is not rampant within the church, and B..... those priests that did it were probably not meant to be priests, they were sinners, it makes no difference whether they were sraight, gay, or married, they were too vulnerable to sin and were not in a state of grace...........This is a problem with every group including teachers who are SUPPOSED to be held to a very high standard.

What is most troubling to me is it is liberals, specifically the ACLU who constantly represents the rights of NAMBLA who spends their entire existance immersed in sick acts of porn and rape of young boys, yet they were the first to attack the church for it's scandal.

Said1 said:
You're right Bonne! Saying "if they're tired of getting sick" really makes my blood boil, especially when there are innocent people dying everyday!

The only innocents in this are children, bad blood reciepients and spouses of people who have been unfaithful, and to them they have my deepest compassion, however, for the ones who are flatbacking it out there on a continual basis, how could they get mad at the Church in the first place because they themselves choose to put themselves at risk of a disease they KNOW is DEADLY? The Church handing out rubbers is not the solution to this problem, self responsibility has to play a part somewhere...

Said1 said:
That's ridiculous. The Pope is culpable too, IF he knew what was going on. Everyone who was aware of the situation is responsible for covering it up.

Are you speaking of the links or his opinion?

"If" is not evidence, and yes I agree, if the Pope had knowledge of this he should answer for it just like everyone else, I'm not debating that, what I was debating is making the accusation but not putting any proof forward....

I find most of Nato's post was made up of opinion not fact...Nothing personal, just don't agree with the man on certain points.

As for the rest of your post, Bonnie answered it for you..Quite elegantly I might add....

The only innocents in this are children, bad blood recipients and spouses of people who have been unfaithful, and to them they have my deepest compassion,

That is who I was talking about, in case you didn't notice that in my post. You're comment was extremely lacking in specifics, one can't help but make assumptions about your attitude after reading what you wrote. Plus, the article doesn't mention complaining "FLATBACKERS" does it?

"If" is not evidence, and yes I agree, if the Pope had knowledge of this he should answer for it just like everyone else, I'm not debating that, what I was debating is making the accusation but not putting any proof forward....

Hmm, sounds familiar. But since you're not debating that, I guess it's a moot point, not to be brought up again.

I find most of Nato's post was made up of opinion not fact...Nothing personal, just don't agree with the man on certain points

Again, this is ringing a bell.

As for the rest of your post, Bonnie answered it for you..Quite elegantly I might add....

I wasn't asking what the Catholic church does, I was mentioning alternatives to your insensitive comments. You may noticed I mentioned my post was a bit reactionary to yours, and admittedly lacking in details.

Said1 said:
That is who I was talking about, in case you didn't notice that in my post. You're comment was extremely lacking in specifics, one can't help but make assumptions about your attitude after reading what you wrote. Plus, the article doesn't mention complaining "FLATBACKERS" does it?

Hmm, sounds familiar. But since you're not debating that, I guess it's a moot point, not to be brought up again.

Again, this is ringing a bell.

I wasn't asking what the Catholic church does, I was mentioning alternatives to your insensitive comments. You may noticed I mentioned my post was a bit reactionary to yours, and admittedly lacking in details.

hehehehe...It's all good... :thup: :smoke: By the way, the point being made was in reference to the example of the woman from Africa who is being denied the use of condoms because she is Catholic, her husband is HIV positive, whereas she is not. He is insisting upon having sex with her still. Perhaps the Church should be teaching them more about fidelity, that could be said for both sides of the globe.....I am all for any help the Church gives them, however I don't think it needs to be the Church's place to hand out rubbers to people....That woman needs an annulment not a condom.... :cheers2:

Forum List

Back