Finally, a moderate Muslim voice!

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Islam 'does not mean killing', says cleric

Staff and agencies
Thursday January 20, 2005

A leading Saudi cleric issued a plea today for Muslims not to heed calls to wage terror attacks in the name of Islam.
Sheikh Abdulrahman al-Sudeis, the state-appointed preacher at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, told pilgrims in a sermon marking the feast of Eid al-Adha that scholars must preach moderation to confront militants, who were using "misguided and void" interpretations to justify violence.

His sermon, dedicated to the 2.5 million Muslims performing the hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, echoed comments made yesterday by Sheikh Abdul-Aziz al Sheik. The kingdom's grand mufti said the greatest test to the nation of Islam came from its sons who were "lured by the devil" to carry out acts of violence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saudi/story/0,11599,1394920,00.html

gop_jeff said:
Islam 'does not mean killing', says cleric

Staff and agencies
Thursday January 20, 2005

A leading Saudi cleric issued a plea today for Muslims not to heed calls to wage terror attacks in the name of Islam.
Sheikh Abdulrahman al-Sudeis, the state-appointed preacher at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, told pilgrims in a sermon marking the feast of Eid al-Adha that scholars must preach moderation to confront militants, who were using "misguided and void" interpretations to justify violence.

His sermon, dedicated to the 2.5 million Muslims performing the hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, echoed comments made yesterday by Sheikh Abdul-Aziz al Sheik. The kingdom's grand mufti said the greatest test to the nation of Islam came from its sons who were "lured by the devil" to carry out acts of violence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saudi/story/0,11599,1394920,00.html
If he hasn't said something completely different in Arabic, I will be so happy to hear this!

Johnney said:
so how long before they kill him?
Lol
i like this comment
but may i ask you
why you said so ??
really i need an answer
why you think that all sheiks are asking for killing
or all muslims are terrorist

Kathianne said:
Experience!
how
could you explain it
or give examples
especially that he said it in al Hajj
and only the wiser and knowledgeable and who have a great popularity sheiks
says the khotba "the reports" in al hajj

No proof is needed look at the countless groups that target people. Sadly they use jihad as an excuse. No not all muslim's are terrorists. Yet more sensible ones are needed. Waging war in the name of God whatever your religion is truly an insane cause.

Arabian said:
Lol
i like this comment
but may i ask you
why you said so ??
really i need an answer
why you think that all sheiks are asking for killing
or all muslims are terrorist
why? geez what happens when you say something contridictory to islam?

and did i say who was going to do it? or that all muslims were terrorist? or are you jsut assuming thats what i meant?

wolvie20m said:
No proof is needed look at the countless groups that target people. Sadly they use jihad as an excuse. No not all muslim's are terrorists. Yet more sensible ones are needed. Waging war in the name of God whatever your religion is truly an insane cause.
in the 1st part i agree with you
yes their lots use the Jihad badly

and in killing innocent

but in the second part (insane stuff)
im not
it doesnt mean that if some abuse or misunderstand the islam
or even use it to get their cupidity theis mean that the islam is truly an insane cause

their are million of billion unmuslims who are terrorist
and they resign in the most greatest countries
and according to abig organizations which follow a very powerful countries.
and they killing scientest who refuse to work with them and give them their research
like what happened to nabaweya mussa or Mustafa Ali Musharafa and others
they have been killed during their studies in outer countries
and they have been killed cause they refused to ave their research to this country
amazing haa

and they keep saying hay arabs you should be so civilized well-educated and we gonna help you ,,, yeah we gonna help you by killing your scientest
this is how they gonna help Arabs

some people dont wanna change the map of the 1st ,, 2nd and 3rd levels
its all just a pool of word have been said ,, to the dream blievers
to wakeup with a nightmare

once they have a Fatwa against Bin Laden and not a public
support for Bin Laden of 70+ percent I will give Islam the reasonable
doubt.

For now they are the enemy of secularism and christianty imo.

Arabian said:
in the 1st part i agree with you
yes their lots use the Jihad badly

and in killing innocent

but in the second part (insane stuff)
im not
it doesnt mean that if some abuse or misunderstand the islam
or even use it to get their cupidity theis mean that the islam is truly an insane cause

their are million of billion unmuslims who are terrorist
and they resign in the most greatest countries
and according to abig organizations which follow a very powerful countries.
and they killing scientest who refuse to work with them and give them their research
like what happened to nabaweya mussa or Mustafa Ali Musharafa and others
they have been killed during their studies in outer countries
and they have been killed cause they refused to ave their research to this country
amazing haa

and they keep saying hay arabs you should be so civilized well-educated and we gonna help you ,,, yeah we gonna help you by killing your scientest
this is how they gonna help Arabs

some people dont wanna change the map of the 1st ,, 2nd and 3rd levels
its all just a pool of word have been said ,, to the dream blievers
to wakeup with a nightmare

First of all you have found a way to code english.

If your saying what I think your saying. Yes your culture has to cast these people out, and not support them. Yet with a huge portion of muslims thinking Bin Laden is a hero, our two cultures are going to clash. Arabs in general are misleed everyday, through thier media outlets, thier regious icons, and so on and so forth. So muslims as a group need to relize thier wrongs as well as thier rights.

Arabian said:
how
could you explain it
or give examples
especially that he said it in al Hajj
and only the wiser and knowledgeable and who have a great popularity sheiks
says the khotba "the reports" in al hajj

Arabian, most moderate Muslim voices that are famous enough to make it into the American press are silenced by the extreme Muslims and Wahabbi Muslims. So we are guessing that this guy will also be targeted for death, or fatwah.

gop_jeff said:
Arabian, most moderate Muslim voices that are famous enough to make it into the American press are silenced by the extreme Muslims and Wahabbi Muslims. So we are guessing that this guy will also be targeted for death, or fatwah.
from where you get that information ,,

and it doesnt mean that cause most Americans know only Binladen ,, that means all sheiks like him
add to this i dont call Binladen sheik "in my opinion"
and i think most moderators in Islam doesnt agree with all his thoughts.

and i've never heard before about killing sheiks,, by the hand of Muslims

wolvie20m said:
First of all you have found a way to code english.

If your saying what I think your saying. Yes your culture has to cast these people out, and not support them. Yet with a huge portion of muslims thinking Bin Laden is a hero, our two cultures are going to clash. Arabs in general are misleed everyday, through thier media outlets, thier regious icons, and so on and so forth. So muslims as a group need to relize thier wrongs as well as thier rights.

actually i think what in your mind isnt what i meant :S sorry

i meant that others always says about arabs that they dont have scientest ,, and they arent moderate
so they deserve to be killed,,
but if you search you will see how many scientest traveled abroad to study ,, and they get killed in this country cause they refuse to give their research to this country,, or they wanna go back home to give their country the benifit from their research ,,
so what i meant they are also terrorist but wel-organized terrorist
its a whole organization which are a fraid from the benifit that this arab countries will gain,, they dont want to change the map of 1st and 2nd and 3rd levels of countries ,,
you only see MR president of USA come every day on the TV calling arabs for freedom and to be more moderates ,, i cant remember how many times he said the word freedom
and what we get we get gawatenama ,, we get more destruction in iraq and we get more money spended on this stuibid war ,, instead of spent it in fixing the earth disasters
their is terrorist every where but America keep saying the arabs
are the only terrorists in this world ,,, so we should eliminate the arabs ,,,
where was it in South Africa ,, where is she when people need food or shelter
she only get ready to attack iraq and destroy it although their werent any nuclear weapons and the iraqi let them search their country and every where and they didnt found any thing but they did make this war,
,, (why she didnt attack Koria for example),, and attaking Afghanistan to capture Binladen who never founded,,
where is the reason then for these wars and spending money that could enable the 3rd level country be in the 1st level ,, if this money spent in the good of the humanity,,
Big ???????

Arabian said:
actually i think what in your mind isnt what i meant :S sorry

i meant that others always says about arabs that they dont have scientest ,, and they arent moderate
so they deserve to be killed,,
but if you search you will see how many scientest traveled abroad to study ,, and they get killed in this country cause they refuse to give their research to this country,, or they wanna go back home to give their country the benifit from their research ,,
so what i meant they are also terrorist but wel-organized terrorist
its a whole organization which are a fraid from the benifit that this arab countries will gain,, they dont want to change the map of 1st and 2nd and 3rd levels of countries ,,
I think your thinking of atomic, and nuclear scientist. Yep we don't want them to have those scientists for National security. It wouldn't be a good thing for terrorists to threaten them into making them a weapon. It wouldn't be good for anyone if they were able to detonate a nuclear bomb in the US. Students are welcome in the US. Yet now we screen them more carefully. One (maybe more I'm not totally sure) of the 9/11 hijackers was in the US with a student visa.
Arabian said:
you only see MR president of USA come every day on the TV calling arabs for freedom and to be more moderates ,, i cant remember how many times he said the word freedom
and what we get we get gawatenama ,, we get more destruction in iraq and we get more money spended on this stuibid war ,, instead of spent it in fixing the earth disasters
Don't you want to be free? Do you enjoy being oppressed? We simply want everyone to know how we feel, and the to have the freedoms we have. The freedoms we have is what makes us such a great country. The prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are being held till we feel they are no longer a threat. They supported a man who killed thousands of innocent people.

Arabian said:
their is terrorist every where but America keep saying the arabs
are the only terrorists in this world ,,, so we should eliminate the arabs ,,,
They are everywhere yet, the middle eastern countries are providing a breading ground for terrorists. Iran for example is funding openly the insurgency in Iraq. If you think we want to eliminate Arabs. That is what I mean you are all so confused. Your Arab media fills you with this America Hates you. That’s just false!! We don't hate you or the Arab community. I'll give you some advice don't believe everything you hear on the news in Egypt.

Arabian said:
where was it in South Africa ,, where is she when people need food or shelter
she only get ready to attack iraq and destroy it although their werent any nuclear weapons and the iraqi let them search their country and every where and they didnt found any thing but they did make this war,
,, (why she didnt attack Koria for example),,
So you support murderous evil dictators, you support mass murder, you support rape, and torture? This is just a tinge on what Saddam did, as well as violate over 22 UN sanctions. We were well within our right to invade and give Iraq back to the people of Iraq. Why we didn't attack Korea, well cause they do have Nuclear weapons and they are unpredictable, for instance they could bring nuclear war on the US. That is a topic I doubt you know much about but you should know we attempted to stop their nuclear program and we failed. We didn't want that to happen with Iraq.

Arabian said:
and attaking Afghanistan to capture Binladen who never founded,,
where is the reason then for these wars and spending money that could enable the 3rd level country be in the 1st level ,, if this money spent in the good of the humanity,,
Big ???????
Are you saying the war in Afghanistan was wrong? Yes we were provoked and retaliated and even freed a whole country to decide it's own fate. If you don't see this then you truly are blind. We are currently helping thousands even millions of Muslims in the tsunami disaster. We are donating most of our Naval fleet from Japan to feeding and, giving them water. We are donating 500 Billion dollars to the victims their. That’s not including what private donations are being made too. The US has spent 200 Billion on the war in Iraq, so we do help. Just so you know money from that 200 Billion was spent on schools hospitals and such we are rebuilding Iraq not destroying it.

Forum List

Back