more from the "peaceful" religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Merlin1047, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    It pains me to characterize islam as a religion. In my view it is a cult of violence and stupidity, whose members seek to drag us all back into the dark ages.

Here are some quotes from one of islam's major clerics, Sheik Qaradawi:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    http://attackmachine.com/

Qaradawi on Female Genital Mutilation:
    “Anyone who thinks that [female] circumcision is the best way to protect his daughters should do it. I support this, particularly in the period in which we live”

Qaradawi on Domestic Violence:
    “…if this [non-violent] approach fails, it is permissible for him [husband] to beat her [wife] lightly with his hands, avoiding her face and other sensitive parts.”

Qaradawi on use of Children in Suicide Bombing:
    “We cannot say that the [Israeli suicide bombing] casualties were innocent civilians. They are not civilians or innocent”; “The Israelis might have nuclear bombs but we have the children bomb.”

Qaradawi on Destruction of the Jews:
    “O God, protect them and show them the right path. O God, destroy the usurper Jews, the vile Crusaders, and infidels. O God, destroy them along with their supporters.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    If that's not enough, here's his "philosophy" on the tsunami disaster:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2005/01/13/livingstone_defends_qaradawi_again.php

According to reports in The Times and on BBC TV News on 11 January 2005, Qaradawi said in a sermon broadcast on Qatar TV:

“People must ask themselves why this earthquake occurred in this area and not others…Whoever examines these areas discovers that they are tourism areas….where the forbidden acts are widespread, as well as alcohol consumption, drug use and acts of abomination…Don’t they deserve punishment from Allah?”

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Qaradawi surley isn't my hero but nearly is Falwell who has been known to make the same sort of "loving statements". Time to revolt against a few religious leaders maybe and get religion back on it's real purpose ?

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    It's very unfair to link Falwell with an Islamic Terrorist...that's not an honest comparison.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I'm no Jerry Falwell fan, but when has he justified female genital mutilation, wife-beating, suicide bombing, and killing non-Christians? I can't remember him saying that, although I know he has said some pretty idiotic things about homosexuals.

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    DD, I can't quite make that stretch. I had been a bit skeptical of some of Falwell's positions, but when he made such a huge issue of Halloween, I figured he had crossed the line from zealot to nut case.

But I don't see any way to connect the dots between Falwell and islamic clerics.

6. Arabian

Arabian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

1st what you say is depend on the culture people live in
    And it don’t depend on religion
    Give me one verse that support your words
    Cause actually I know about this stuff too but I know also that there is less people still practice it
    And it still depend on the environment,, its something like believes
    And about the this

ohh yeah look who is talking the USA according to the satatistics is the most country that women have voilance from their husbands
    and sometimes i struggle with my brother and sister does that mean i hate them and i wanna kill them

Israel has a nuclear weapon and Israel resign in the ME yeah
    Why didn't US say even a word about this?
    Why she didn’t took here margins to this land cause Israel doesn’t give up of its nuclear energy plan,,
    Yeah cause she like this cause she support it

And Israelis' kill the children anyway in Palestine,, or don’t you watch the TV

Don’t you sometime hope that the one who hurt you or even killed part of your family to have what he deserve

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwaapplication/english/display.asp?hFatwaID=91481

read this link

If that's not enough, here's his "philosophy" on the tsunami disaster:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    not all people good and not all people bad
    but didnt you ask your self that any one of us could die now
    what we gonna do in this when we will asked for every thing we made ,, for our religion ,, what shall you do if you died suddenly with out any alarm while you know whether you died praying or died on a sin
    this matter so much
    and in this disaster lots of people died
    but no one of us no who died how ???
    allah only know
    and all he said " Qaradawi " is think ,, think what you did in your life
    and how death can come easily
    verse 155 (Qur'an )
    We shall test you with a bit of fear and hunger, plus a shortage of wealth and souls and produce. Announce such to patient people (155)

And how many times we were angry cause we prayed hard to get something and when we didn’t have it we stayed angry for a while,, and after this we figured out that if this something we prayed hard for is so bad for us
    surat al baqarah "cow" Qur'an
    Your wives are [meant] for you to cultivate: so go to your cultivation whenever you wish. Send things on ahead for yourselves, and heed God; know that you will be meeting Him. Proclaim such to believers! (223)

And now why you think that the Islam is a cult

And now why you think that Islam is a cult

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    See, this is the problem in this country. We are so quick to be "fair" that we equate an idiot, with somebody that truly advocates murder. dillo, I didn't figure you as a PC kinda guy.....