Spain Challenging France!

For scotland, the Picts.
and yes, what do we care, what the link with this thread ?

You referred to Americans not being indiginous and are immigrants. Did the original Scots just pop up out of the ground? Since you are so happy in France apparently you belong there. How badly is the GOP is affecting you?
If it's getting out of control you need to complain to Chirac. He is your leader now.

what the link ?
he is happy to live in France, so do I.
Are you jealous ?

Since you are so happy in France apparently you belong there. How badly is the GOP is affecting you?

Boy, it is not because we are not American trhat we have not the right to interest ourselves to the US politic. Above all when in fact it concern the whole wolrd.
We are all inhabitants of this planet, so we are onccern when the mightiest man of this Earth will be elected.
And the GOP support one of the 2 pretendants.

Nevermind, i can, so do ali, be interested by US politic, I have not to explanation about my motivations.
You also speak of French politic. what do you care about it ?
You see, you have all the rghts the others have nothing....Is it your conception of the democracy and liberty ?

Kathianne said:
Which is going to go lower? There is no way to describe this advertisment, but I would cancel any planned vacation plans there.

http://barcepundit-english.blogspot.com/2004/09/you-can-do-lot-in-one-single-day-just.html

LOL http://www.command-post.org/oped/2_archives/015335.html

http://barcepundit-english.blogspot.com/2004/09/el-pais-apologizes-for-disgusting.html

EL PAIS apologizes for the disgusting email advertisement campaign which included the imagery of the September 11 atrocity (see previous posts about the issue here and here).

In an editorial in today's edition (link in Spanish; presumably it will be in its daily English pdf version here, but as of this moment there's an error message). Credit where credit is due, they have quite harsh words for the initiative and they announce they have launched an internal investigation to establish responsibilities about it, and have given instructions to the email marketing company to send a message apologizing to all 50,000 recipients of the original advertisement.

I have no doubt that the reaction from the blogosphere has played a major role in this matter; after the visiblity that the advertisement reached on the internet (my initial post about this reached #5 on Blogdex yesterday), El Pais -and apparently some of the Spanish embassies around the world, particularly Washington- was innundated with complaints, and they reacted.

See, Dan Rather? It's better when you apologize!

http://barcepundit-english.blogspot.com/2004/09/el-pais-apologizes-for-disgusting.html

The text of the apology, translated by myself into English, is as follows:
EL PAÍS apologizes for the use of the images of the terrorist attack against the Twin Towers in New York, which happend on September 11, 2001, for a campaign to aquire subscribers to ELPAIS.es. This regrettable campaign, carried out through emails, supported by two photos of New York, one with the Twin Towers and another one without, under the heading "You can do a lot in one day, imagine what can happen in three months". The promotional campaign started last Monday, September 13, and was sent to more than 50,000 recipients before it was cancelled, on Wednesday 15th.

EL PAÍS, its publisher and the Grupo Prisa profoundly regret the use of a tragedy, which in this case cost the lives of more than 2,700 persons, for publicity purposes. We would like to apologize for it to the victims and their families, to the citizens of New York who experienced that agression from up close, and to those who saw among their email this ominous message, and to all the readers of the newspaper.

Any explanation about the chain of errors which led to the launch of this campaign is insufficient, which some of our readers rightly qualified as repugnant. We share the disgust they have expressed in numerous messages and letters to the management and we are sorry it happened.

The Prisa Group has opened an internal investigation to clarify how it was decided to launch this promotional campaign and to take appropriate measures. Effective inmediately, it has ordered the company used to send out the emails that it mails all recipients of the campaign to apologize.

EL PAIS would like to express once more, like it has done in its 28 years and almost 10,000 editions, its solid solidarity with the victims of terrorism. Like said in EL PAÍS editorial on September 12, 2001, and we repeat it fully here again, those terrorist attacks touch all citizens of good will, without distinction of borders or continents, and constituted an attack "against those with whom we share the same democratic principles which in our country costed so dearly to attain".

The barbarian terrorist attacks which happened later in the rest of the world, among other places like Madrid, did nothing but confirm the necessity to act firmly and democratically before terrorism, which must exclude any irresponsible use of these events.
As apologies go, CBS might want to start taking notes. Apology accepted.

Listen Frog. Or Scott, or wherever the hell you are from. The point is you are nothing more than another peice of Euro-trash. WE -- Not France or Scottland -- won the whole frickn' Cold War, only to see our Western European "allies" succumb to their most base emotion of jealousy and attempt to put in place the same system of government that we fought so vigerously. You all make me want to throw up. We will never stay out of other nations' "business" for two reasons. The first is that every time we have done that, we got screwed. The second is that we just don't want to. Ya got that Frog? What the hell are you gonna do about it?

France and Europe are worthless. They have served their grand historical purposes. The Age of Exploration, Colonization, the World Wars, and the Cold War are over. Your location no longer has any strategic significance to us. I suspect that is why you are angry. You do not matter anymore. Your time is over. Its our time now. Its our world, you're just living in it. If we wanted to end the insurgency in Iraq we could turn that whole damn REGION into a smooth peice of glass in 30 minutes. Its only because we worry about the local sensitivities that we let it continue.

You know why we didn't really bother to fight hard to get French support? We don't need you, to be quite frank. You are an insignificant speck beneath our radar. You are that cobweb in the corner of the bedroom that bothers you when you happen to glance in its direction but decide its not worth the minimal effort it would take to clean up.

Welcome to the New World Order. Have a nice day. :tank:

All the quotes posted by Theim
Welcome to the New World Order

it sounds like "white power, new order".....
have you some KKK's member card ?

Listen Frog. Or Scott, or wherever the hell you are from. The point is you are nothing more than another peice of Euro-trash. WE -- Not France or Scottland -- won the whole frickn' Cold War, only to see our Western European "allies" succumb to their most base emotion of jealousy and attempt to put in place the same system of government that we fought so vigerously. You all make me want to throw up. We will never stay out of other nations' "business" for two reasons. The first is that every time we have done that, we got screwed. The second is that we just don't want to. Ya got that Frog? What the hell are you gonna do about it?

hummmm....maybe you should read the thread before speaking....

You first sentence show you as a dumb. Sorry.
Why ? Why do you believ I am Scottish ?

posted by dilloduck
( Who ORIGINAALY inhabited Scotland? One clue---it wasn't the Scots)
posted by me :
the Pictes - french name, I don't know the english one.)

so, you see, it was to answer to the dillo's question.

France and Europe are worthless. They have served their grand historical purposes. The Age of Exploration, Colonization, the World Wars, and the Cold War are over. Your location no longer has any strategic significance to us. I suspect that is why you are angry. You do not matter anymore. Your time is over. Its our time now. Its our world, you're just living in it.If we wanted to end the insurgency in Iraq we could turn that whole damn REGION into a smooth peice of glass in 30 minutes. Its only because we worry about the local sensitivities that we let it continue.

Stupid. you are stupid.
First, i'm not jealous, second it is not YOU world.
jealous of why ? I prefer live in France, the life is better - why do you think so much people come to live in France ? People from UK, USA, Netherlands....so, not poor countries....
Jealous of USA's might ? not at all !
It is not YOUR world, you know why, redneck ?
because the WHOLE population of the world don't like, or even HATE USA. Bush, people like you,, everybody hate you. so arrogant, so ....self confident of the USA's might. Fortunatly, not all the Americans are like you, theim.
But it is not enough for the USA popularity : with people like you, it would never grew up.
It cannot be YOUR world. How can you rule about a world who HATES YOU ?

Its only because we worry about the local sensitivities that we let it continue.
the same local people who shoot with Rockets on the Sherridans ?

WE -- Not France or Scottland -- won the whole frickn' Cold War

hmmmmmm. USSR explose by itself.
Not a victory of USA, but a defeat of the USSR. not the same thing.
They lost alone.

Are you speaknig for events like Cuba ?
hahaha . Kennedy seemed to win, because the soviet missiles were carried off Cuba. But in fact, Krouchtchev won. why , Kennedy did the promise that USA will never attack Iraq. And USA carried the Jupiter missiles from Turkey and others missiles who threatened USSR from Europe.
USSR won.
the result was better for USSR.

So, I've finish.

oh,no : I don't hate USA. I even like this country. I only don't like Bush, his administrationj and above all people like YOU.

the French.

Forum List

Back