Go Cantor Fitzgerald!

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I knew the Port Authority had joined in a suit against Saudi Arabia. I knew that the US had directly claimed that SA was involved with al Quaida in 9/11. Now I have found the originating source:

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/19475.htm

2. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    wow that's fantastic. that is a hell of a good effort and investigation. why the **** can't the FBI/justice dept. do something like this and not screw it up??

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Focus. The president of that company is committed to providing for the families of those killed. He lost two of his best friends and his own brother. He is focused and has the $ and contacts to persue. The FBI still has to catch crooks and kidnappers, conduct stings on terrorists and others. They have a limited budget, but many venues to persue.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    true i suppose. the FBI/justice dept. is still a joke right now though.

on the other hand, bin laden and the saudi gov't are about to learn the greatest lesson of all: payback is a motha

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Maybe it's me. I have trouble jumping on the FBI or to a lesser degree the CIA. The government has asked them to do too much, with too little, for too long, with too much hand tieing. Quite a few within the FBI had concerns about Muslim visitors, especially students in this country-but there was nothing legally they could do about it. Even when it was something that could have been persued, the administrators were afraid of being accused of discrimination, they still are.

Since 9/11, the FBI has made significant changes in dealing with local police in areas-this I KNOW for a fact, not from newspapers and such. In Chicago area alone, they have stopped multiple attempts, that will not be reported on, which may well be another mistake.

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    multiple attempts at what?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Attacks on different facilities.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Why are attempted attacks not reported? The Sun and Tribune are not particularly shy.

9. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Kathianne answered this, but I have say myself you can't possible direct the resources of the FBI to carry out a legal case for a civil suit like this. Cantor has to already have sunk millions into this case already. If the FBI dicked around like this instead of doing real work in the field they'd get punished, wouldn't they? Let the lawyers do the trial work if they want, but if they want to collect... well that's the Governments job sometimes too!

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Preemption and working with local authorities. Problem here, when something is preempted, no crime has been committed. Ala Padilla, and 'enemy combatants.' There is no reason for the press to cover, but more importantly, the police entities seem to believe they are better off keeping it quiet, I'm sure for prevention of copycats, keeping the enemy from knowing how they have been found out, and to keep the public from becoming more afraid.