Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours

No they had to do something to fight out of the largest recession we’ve seen in our lifetimes.

Yes, they had to expand their balance sheet nearly 60%, more than three years after the recession ended.
Starting 2 months before the election.
After years of torturing the banks and wondering why they weren't lending more.
There are dozens of reason around all those actions. This conversation can go down many roads... Looking at the big picture, I don’t think Obama was an economic genius, he could have done many things much better. But he did produce a stable and growing economy during a time that the entire world was in disarray. Trump is keeping that train moving and has also done some good things to help it go faster. He isn’t responsible for this great boom as he likes to tout and Obama wasn’t as bad as all his opposers like to accuse. It’s crazy how far away from the substance all this political bias takes us from discussing actual problems and solutions. It always turns into a finger pointing or insult game. Our country, it’s leaders and we the people need to grow the fuck up!

But he did produce a stable and growing economy

Through no fault of his own.
Why not?

Think back on his eight years.
Now list the 5 things he did that were most helpful for economic growth.
I don’t think Obamas focus was economic growth. The democratic party who he represents is focused on social justice and equality. They fight to regulate big business and provide support to the needy and oppressed along with protections for workers and consumers. These efforts can often stall and hinder economic growth. But life isn’t always all about GDP and the stock market, there’s more to the equation. Obama did provide a huge stimulus, he bailed out the auto industry, signed A near Trillion dollars in tax cuts into law, had years of consecutive job growth, a consistent decline in unemployment, and brought troops home from overseas which saved a bunch of money...

Most of Obama’s other accomplishments weren’t focused on economic growth but on other areas so I won’t bother to bring them into our discussion.

I don’t think Obamas focus was economic growth.

At least not on helping it.
Like I said, through no fault of his own. Seems you agree.

These efforts can often stall and hinder economic growth.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Obama did provide a huge stimulus, he bailed out the auto industry,

Pretty sure that was under Bush.

signed A near Trillion dollars in tax cuts into law

You talking about the "stimulus"?

There are dozens of reason around all those actions. This conversation can go down many roads... Looking at the big picture, I don’t think Obama was an economic genius, he could have done many things much better. But he did produce a stable and growing economy during a time that the entire world was in disarray. Trump is keeping that train moving and has also done some good things to help it go faster. He isn’t responsible for this great boom as he likes to tout and Obama wasn’t as bad as all his opposers like to accuse. It’s crazy how far away from the substance all this political bias takes us from discussing actual problems and solutions. It always turns into a finger pointing or insult game. Our country, it’s leaders and we the people need to grow the fuck up!

Why not?

I don’t think Obamas focus was economic growth. The democratic party who he represents is focused on social justice and equality. They fight to regulate big business and provide support to the needy and oppressed along with protections for workers and consumers. These efforts can often stall and hinder economic growth. But life isn’t always all about GDP and the stock market, there’s more to the equation. Obama did provide a huge stimulus, he bailed out the auto industry, signed A near Trillion dollars in tax cuts into law, had years of consecutive job growth, a consistent decline in unemployment, and brought troops home from overseas which saved a bunch of money...

Most of Obama’s other accomplishments weren’t focused on economic growth but on other areas so I won’t bother to bring them into our discussion.

I didn’t say Obama didn’t care at all about the economy, I just said that there are other factors that his party prioritizes that aren’t focused on simple economics. Things like human rights and the environment may not bring in more bucks but they are still very important.

Bush didn’t bail out the Auto industry in 2009 and save millions of jobs, that was Obama. He also got a stimulus passed in 2009 that cut taxes and created jobs and 5 months later the recession ended and has had positive growth ever since.

The tax cuts I was talking about were in 2010... $850 billion. look it up

Why not?

I didn’t say Obama didn’t care at all about the economy, I just said that there are other factors that his party prioritizes that aren’t focused on simple economics. Things like human rights and the environment may not bring in more bucks but they are still very important.

Bush didn’t bail out the Auto industry in 2009 and save millions of jobs, that was Obama. He also got a stimulus passed in 2009 that cut taxes and created jobs and 5 months later the recession ended and has had positive growth ever since.

Bush didn’t bail out the Auto industry in 2009 and save millions of jobs, that was Obama.

When did Obama sign that?

He also got a stimulus passed in 2009 that cut taxes

You mean the reduced withholding that started in June 2009?

The tax cuts I was talking about were in 2010... $850 billion.

Extending the Bush tax cuts? Not raising rates isn't quite as stimulative as actually cutting them.
The payroll tax cut was actually a reduction.

ME: Its time to set the record straight against all the pinheads who say Trump inherited a good economy from the Kenyan Pig. Trump inherited garbage. A survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this 2018 found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth. It is what the left would, in another context, call a "scientific consensus." So here we go Leftists, read and learn:

It's Trump's Booming Economy, Not Obama's | Investor's Business Daily

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

Let's see if we have this right.

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)

Wages are still being outpaced by costs.

Bush didn’t bail out the Auto industry in 2009 and save millions of jobs, that was Obama.

Extending the Bush tax cuts? Not raising rates isn't quite as stimulative as actually cutting them.
When did Obama sign what? Bush passed the initial requests and loans for the auto industry amounting to about 18 billion... In the end 80 billion was invested and about 70 billion paid back. It was a shorty situation but it saved our auto industry and the millions of jobs that were dependent on it.

The ARRA was signed Feb 2009

Bush tax cuts were PART 850 billion that was cut with the bill that Obama signed. Doesn’t change the fact that Obama signed the bill.

Were you a fan of the Bush tax cuts? Are you a fan of Trumps?

When did Obama sign what? Bush passed the initial requests and loans for the auto industry amounting to about 18 billion... In the end 80 billion was invested and about 70 billion paid back. It was a shorty situation but it saved our auto industry and the millions of jobs that were dependent on it.

Bush tax cuts were PART 850 billion that was cut with the bill that Obama signed. Doesn’t change the fact that Obama signed the bill.

When did Obama sign what?

His 2009 auto bailout.

Bush tax cuts were PART 850 billion that was cut with the bill that Obama signed.

Not raising taxes, not the same as cutting taxes.

Doesn’t change the fact that Obama signed the bill.

Or the fact that the actual tax cut was much less.

Yes. Yes. Did you have a problem with either one? Why?

When did Obama sign what?

His 2009 auto bailout.

Bush tax cuts were PART 850 billion that was cut with the bill that Obama signed.

Not raising taxes, not the same as cutting taxes.

Doesn’t change the fact that Obama signed the bill.

Or the fact that the actual tax cut was much less.

Yes. Yes. Did you have a problem with either one? Why?
I’m always a fan of tax cuts. I prefer them to be focused more on the middle class and less on the top earners so I was a bit disappointed by Trumps bill

ME: Its time to set the record straight against all the pinheads who say Trump inherited a good economy from the Kenyan Pig. Trump inherited garbage. A survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this 2018 found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth. It is what the left would, in another context, call a "scientific consensus." So here we go Leftists, read and learn:

Growth: Barack Obama is on the road attempting to claim credit for the booming economy under President Trump. But the only thing Obama deserves credit for is making it easy for Trump to undo Obama's anti-growth policies

For eight years, President Obama presided over the worst economic recovery in modern times. For six years, he blamed Republicans in Congress for thwarting his spending agenda and hampering growth. In his last two years in office, he claimed that 2% growth was the best we could hope for. And in his last year in office, while the economy was again stalling out, Obama claimed that Trump's tax cuts and deregulation would only make things worse.

But now that we're in the midst of a booming economy — which kicked in after Trump reversed almost all Obama's economic policies — we're supposed to believe that it's Obama who deserves all the credit.

Yep. That's precisely what Obama and his Amen Chorus in the press want us to believe.

In his speech in Illinois last Friday, Obama complained that Republicans were taking credit for his work.

"When you hear how great the economy's doing right now, let's just remember when this recovery started," he said. "I mean, I'm glad it's continued, but … suddenly Republicans are saying it's a miracle."

This week, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett wisely set the record straight. At a briefing on Monday, he noted that just about every important economic indicator showed the economy was stalling out in Obama's last year.

Hassett explained that small business optimism had been on the decline before the November 2016 election. The percentage of businesses saying it's a good time to expand was, too. Business investment was stagnant. All those turned upward starting in 2017. Applications for new businesses are now well above the trend over Obama's entire second term, Hassett noted. And blue-collar jobs are growing faster than any time since the Reagan administration.

Turnaround on GDP Growth
There's more. The rate of GDP growth was decelerating in Obama's last year. It went from 2.3% in Q2, to 1.9% in Q3 to 1.8% in Q4 of 2016. Under Trump, GDP growth has averaged 2.9%. It was 4.2% last quarter and might be higher in the current one.

The stock market also was stuck in neutral the year before the November 2016 elections. The Dow is up by some 45% since then.

Real median family income didn't budge from August 2015 to November 2016, according to Sentier Research. It's up more than 4% since Trump came into office. Wages are on the upswing.

In Obama's last year, unemployment rate remained basically unchanged — it was 4.9% in Jan 2016, and 4.8% when Trump took office in Jan. 2017. Now it's down to 3.9%
......(SNIP)

There are STILL fools in the Politics section trying to promote the false lie that Obama fixed the economy, so that warrents reviving this thread I believe.

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)

There are STILL fools in the Politics section trying to promote the false lie that Obama fixed the economy, so that warrents reviving this thread I believe.

He did , from the greatest recession since the great depression. do you have your head in the sand. tramp had to get rid of all the regulations and get a tax cut for the wealthy.

You ever hear about the higher you go the lower you fall, Bush jr. never did either or Reagan for that matter.

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)

nobody takes right wingers seriously about economics. it takes moral fortitude to bear true witness.

Thats right. He wanted to "fundamentally change America" to use his words. He wanted socialism, but the Dems were not quite ready to speak the S word out loud like they do now.
What did Obama do to make you think he wanted socialism?
Do you get more stupid by the day?
No. At least I’m smart enough to give direct and complete answers to questions

09F7214E-EFC8-485E-8536-6EDEC6FF5ADD.jpeg

Turnaround on GDP Growth

......(SNIP)

He did , from the greatest recession since the great depression. do you have your head in the sand. tramp had to get rid of all the regulations and get a tax cut for the wealthy.

You ever hear about the higher you go the lower you fall, Bush jr. never did either or Reagan for that matter.

He did , from the greatest recession since the great depression.

Bullshit. Nothing he did after Jan 20, 2009, can be credited with ending the recession in June 2009.
Lots of the things he did can be blamed for giving us the slowest recovery since WWII.

But idiots like you are economically clueless, so you'll keep repeating your idiocy.

Forum List

Back