Sorry Obama, But It's Trump's Economic Boom, Not Yours

during the campaign it was scorched earth economic disaster

Kind of like Clinton saying, in 1992, that we had the worst economy in the last 50 years, while
the economy grew in Q1 4.9%, Q2 4.4%, Q3 4.0% and Q4 4.2%?

The only difference, Obama had 1.6% growth in 2016.
Way to avoid and divert again. Your unbelievable. Now we are going to Clinton in 92?! What a joke. Go take a nap

Now we are going to Clinton in 92?!

Trump scorched earth is the only one that counts. Of course!
Wrong... all others count as well... just not as a diversionary tactic to avoid talking about the subject of this conversation. I’ve never seen you wiggle this hard. Why can’t you just be honest and objective ?!

Honestly, Obama had the weakest recovery since WWII.

G. W. Bush left Obama the worst economic crisis since 1929 so, it goes without saying that the recovery period during Obama's tenure was a long, up hill battle.

Yeah, what's the poor guy gonna do when the recession ended 5 months after he took office?

Way to avoid and divert again. Your unbelievable. Now we are going to Clinton in 92?! What a joke. Go take a nap

Wrong... all others count as well... just not as a diversionary tactic to avoid talking about the subject of this conversation. I’ve never seen you wiggle this hard. Why can’t you just be honest and objective ?!

G. W. Bush left Obama the worst economic crisis since 1929 so, it goes without saying that the recovery period during Obama's tenure was a long, up hill battle.

Yeah, what's the poor guy gonna do when the recession ended 5 months after he took office?

Get another Republican back in the White House to crash the economy, again?

Don’t you find it interesting that in the two years under Obama leading up to the 2016 election Obama had GDP numbers higher than Trump... but during the campaign it was scorched earth economic disaster and under Trump it is the greatest economy in American history... all with smaller numbers. Y’all are pathetic. I rest my case. Thanks for playing.

Kind of like Clinton saying, in 1992, that we had the worst economy in the last 50 years, while

Except for I’m not taking about his entire recovery. I’m asking about two years and you keep dancing around. Problem is you’re not a very good dancer and you look like an idiot.

How did Obama do in 2014 and 2015?

Except for I’m not taking about his entire recovery. I’m asking about two years and you keep dancing around. Problem is you’re not a very good dancer and you look like an idiot.

Except for I’m not taking about his entire recovery.

Except I am.

He did ok.

Except I am.

He did ok.
Thank you!! 6 times I’ve had to ask for you to address my question. Obama did OK? Not this great economic boom? Did he do better or worst than Trumps first two years? Cause during the 2016 campaign I would have thought that our economy was about to crash into oblivion according to the rhetoric. and then overnight with no significant changes to the numbers it was transformed into the greatest economy in American history.

Except I am.

He did ok.
Thank you!! 6 times I’ve had to ask for you to address my question. Obama did OK? Not this great economic boom? Did he do better or worst than Trumps first two years? Cause during the 2016 campaign I would have thought that our economy was about to crash into oblivion according to the rhetoric. and then overnight with no significant changes to the numbers it was transformed into the greatest economy in American history.

Obama did OK?

Yes. Alternating with his really weak years.

Did he do better or worst than Trumps first two years?

He did worse.

Cause during the 2016 campaign I would have thought that our economy was about to crash into oblivion according to the rhetoric.

Yeah, rhetoric is awful. There oughta be a law!

and then overnight with no significant changes to the numbers it was transformed into the greatest economy in American history.

I've never made that claim. Not even once.

Except I am.

He did ok.

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

Cause during the 2016 campaign I would have thought that our economy was about to crash into oblivion according to the rhetoric.

and then overnight with no significant changes to the numbers it was transformed into the greatest economy in American history.

Ok fair points, I won’t hold you to the rhetoric of others, I don’t like it when others do that to me...

But I am curious about your comment that Obama’s 2014-2015 was worst than Trumps 2017-2018. Obama’s GDP numbers were better. So where is your comment coming from?

Except I am.

He did ok.

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

Ok fair points, I won’t hold you to the rhetoric of others, I don’t like it when others do that to me...

But I am curious about your comment that Obama’s 2014-2015 was worst than Trumps 2017-2018. Obama’s GDP numbers were better. So where is your comment coming from?

But I am curious about your comment that Obama’s 2014-2015 was worst than Trumps 2017-2018. Obama’s GDP numbers were better.

Well, from September 2012-October 2014, the Fed expanded their balance sheet nearly $1.7 trillion, about 59%. Fed Funds rates were 0-0.25%. And all he got was 2.5% in 2014 and 2.9% in 2015? Weak.

By the end of 2018 Fed Funds were 2.25-2.50% and the balance sheet was down 8%.
If Trump had Obama's monetary tailwinds, instead of headwinds, he'd have probably broken 4%, easy.

Except I am.

He did ok.

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

But I am curious about your comment that Obama’s 2014-2015 was worst than Trumps 2017-2018. Obama’s GDP numbers were better.

Well, from September 2012-October 2014, the Fed expanded their balance sheet nearly $1.7 trillion, about 59%. Fed Funds rates were 0-0.25%. And all he got was 2.5% in 2014 and 2.9% in 2015? Weak.

If Trump had Obama's monetary tailwinds, instead of headwinds, he'd have probably broken 4%, easy.
You can look at that as a tailwind I guess but it is responsible policy for a recession/recovery when the economy needs investment. You could also say that Obama had more headwinds following the great crash that completely wiped people out. When you look at a historical graph of economic factors like rates, employment, and gdp, you see a big dip because of the crash and then a steady climb out. We started to hit historical employment numbers right at the time Trump took over, which he takes all the credit for, and we see the fed responding appropriately with rate increases to balance inflation. What we haven’t seen is any significant change in any of the numbers besides intangibles like consumer
Confidence

Last edited:

Except I am.

He did ok.

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

You can look at that as a tailwind I guess but it is responsible policy for a recession/recovery when the economy needs investment. You could also say that Obama had more headwinds following the great crash that completely wiped people out. When you look at a historical graph of economic factors like rates, employment, and gdp, you see a big dip because of the crash and then a steady climb out. We started to hit historical employment numbers right at the time Trump took over, which he takes all the credit for, and we see the fed responding appropriately with rate increases to balance inflation.

You can look at that as a tailwind

Yeah, like a 300 mph tailwind.

but it is responsible policy for a recession/recovery when the economy needs investment.

Well, they had to do something to fight against all the damaging policies Obama was pushing.

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

You can look at that as a tailwind I guess but it is responsible policy for a recession/recovery when the economy needs investment. You could also say that Obama had more headwinds following the great crash that completely wiped people out. When you look at a historical graph of economic factors like rates, employment, and gdp, you see a big dip because of the crash and then a steady climb out. We started to hit historical employment numbers right at the time Trump took over, which he takes all the credit for, and we see the fed responding appropriately with rate increases to balance inflation.

but it is responsible policy for a recession/recovery when the economy needs investment.

Well, they had to do something to fight against all the damaging policies Obama was pushing.
No they had to do something to fight out of the largest recession we’ve seen in our lifetimes. You gotta start being more honest with your arguments... I can tell you’re smart guy. Just don’t know why you always need to throw in the partisan rhetoric... it diminishes your credibility

Obama did OK?

He did worse.

No they had to do something to fight out of the largest recession we’ve seen in our lifetimes. You gotta start being more honest with your arguments... I can tell you’re smart guy. Just don’t know why you always need to throw in the partisan rhetoric... it diminishes your credibility

No they had to do something to fight out of the largest recession we’ve seen in our lifetimes.

Yes, they had to expand their balance sheet nearly 60%, more than three years after the recession ended.
Starting 2 months before the election.
After years of torturing the banks and wondering why they weren't lending more.

No they had to do something to fight out of the largest recession we’ve seen in our lifetimes.

Yes, they had to expand their balance sheet nearly 60%, more than three years after the recession ended.
There are dozens of reason around all those actions. This conversation can go down many roads... Looking at the big picture, I don’t think Obama was an economic genius, he could have done many things much better. But he did produce a stable and growing economy during a time that the entire world was in disarray. Trump is keeping that train moving and has also done some good things to help it go faster. He isn’t responsible for this great boom as he likes to tout and Obama wasn’t as bad as all his opposers like to accuse. It’s crazy how far away from the substance all this political bias takes us from discussing actual problems and solutions. It always turns into a finger pointing or insult game. Our country, it’s leaders and we the people need to grow the fuck up!

There are dozens of reason around all those actions. This conversation can go down many roads... Looking at the big picture, I don’t think Obama was an economic genius, he could have done many things much better. But he did produce a stable and growing economy during a time that the entire world was in disarray. Trump is keeping that train moving and has also done some good things to help it go faster. He isn’t responsible for this great boom as he likes to tout and Obama wasn’t as bad as all his opposers like to accuse. It’s crazy how far away from the substance all this political bias takes us from discussing actual problems and solutions. It always turns into a finger pointing or insult game. Our country, it’s leaders and we the people need to grow the fuck up!

But he did produce a stable and growing economy

Through no fault of his own.

Why not?

Trump supporters will never grow up because they support an eight year old ass hole named Trump.

Why not?

Think back on his eight years.
Now list the 5 things he did that were most helpful for economic growth.

Trump supporters will never grow up because they support an eight year old ass hole named Trump.

Coming from an eight year old asshole....that's profound.

Coming from an eight year old asshole....that's profound.

add 50 to that & you'll be right on the money; 58.

As we ALL know Trump says things & does things that are in no way presidential. Trump is an embarrassment, at best.
If I were POTUS I would conduct myself accordingly & act 'presidential.'
Trump will never do that because he is a fucking 8 year old jack ass in the body of a 73 year old jack ass.
That's too bad.

Why not?

Think back on his eight years.
Now list the 5 things he did that were most helpful for economic growth.
I don’t think Obamas focus was economic growth. The democratic party who he represents is focused on social justice and equality. They fight to regulate big business and provide support to the needy and oppressed along with protections for workers and consumers. These efforts can often stall and hinder economic growth. But life isn’t always all about GDP and the stock market, there’s more to the equation. Obama did provide a huge stimulus, he bailed out the auto industry, signed A near Trillion dollars in tax cuts into law, had years of consecutive job growth, a consistent decline in unemployment, and brought troops home from overseas which saved a bunch of money...

Most of Obama’s other accomplishments weren’t focused on economic growth but on other areas so I won’t bother to bring them into our discussion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back