Some of you may want to become aware of a new rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since early April there's been one individual that has negative rep'ed me on a few occassions.

As most of you know, I am a Christian, and I write comments or replies that are not vitreolic, or bashing to others, yet I've been haranged by a certain newbie poster, whom I believe lives in land other than the U.S.A., and loves to lay into me with such hatred filled posts. I tried my darndest to be civil, but this individual seems to want to hate me through his/her's posts. I refuse to negative rep this person back, as I don't believe one bad move deserves another, or that retaliation in this case serves a constructive purpose.

In fact, I almost think this harasser of my faith and me personally, wants me to drop down to their level, and play, manure throwing. I refuse.

It's one thing to not "like" another's religion, it's another to spill out written hatred, that makes holocaust advocates seem tame.
Anyway, the vein or complexion of this forum has changed rather dramatically in the last few months. I don't mind the influx of new and additional liberal leaning posters, but I do "mind" the liberality that is allowed in the posts in regards to the verbal intercourse. I think that a lot of disrespectful posting is going on, and its hurting this forum.

I really don't care if I have a lot of rep points or a few. I just plain liked the atmosphere of the exchange of ideas and the debate that had a high class way about it in this forum.
I would like to make one plea as a member. Please don't allow folks to disrespect other folks with their replies or verbal intercourse anymore. I'm really tired of intelligent folks acting following the "eye for an eye" method of communication or debate technique.

If someone doesn't like what I express about my faith, please be civil, as I really think that allowing people to degrade another's faith in a public forum in a way that is very personal, and vitreolic, is not appropriate or constructive to anyone.:)

If someone ( maybe an adminstrator) could review back to my topic that I started in the religion section about an amazing little girl that painted like a grown up professional painter, and had a very vibrant Christian faith, though her mother was an atheist. It can be seen and read, that a certain poster has been allowed much liberality to defame and bash my faith in a way that borders on just plain hatred towards me, and my system of belief. In addition it can be observed that my respectful replies, are thrown back at me in a most disgraceful way, with additional personal attack and mockery.

Again, I refuse to neg. rep this individual, but I have wondered if I can even participate in this forum without this "person" haranging me wherever I might post.
I'm not a whiner by nature, but am concerned about how things are going. I think this has been one of the best forums that I've ever been a member of, and I want to be able to post without what has been happening to me in the last month or so.

I know a lot of people disagree with my "take" on things, yet I know that most respect me, as I, them, but there's some who are not of that vain, and I think there needs to be some monitoring in this area, or this forum will become a bastion with little political, and anti-religious "cliques". I've seen this happen in other forums, and sadly seen the demise of those forums, as a group seemed to start savaging others whom they disagreed with, and nothing in the area of discipline was carried out.

Since early April there's been one individual that has negative rep'ed me on a few occassions.

As most of you know, I am a Christian, and I write comments or replies that are not vitreolic, or bashing to others, yet I've been haranged by a certain newbie poster, whom I believe lives in land other than the U.S.A., and loves to lay into me with such hatred filled posts. I tried my darndest to be civil, but this individual seems to want to hate me through his/her's posts. I refuse to negative rep this person back, as I don't believe one bad move deserves another, or that retaliation in this case serves a constructive purpose.

In fact, I almost think this harasser of my faith and me personally, wants me to drop down to their level, and play, manure throwing. I refuse.

It's one thing to not "like" another's religion, it's another to spill out written hatred, that makes holocaust advocates seem tame.
Anyway, the vein or complexion of this forum has changed rather dramatically in the last few months. I don't mind the influx of new and additional liberal leaning posters, but I do "mind" the liberality that is allowed in the posts in regards to the verbal intercourse. I think that a lot of disrespectful posting is going on, and its hurting this forum.

I really don't care if I have a lot of rep points or a few. I just plain liked the atmosphere of the exchange of ideas and the debate that had a high class way about it in this forum.
I would like to make one plea as a member. Please don't allow folks to disrespect other folks with their replies or verbal intercourse anymore. I'm really tired of intelligent folks acting following the "eye for an eye" method of communication or debate technique.

If someone doesn't like what I express about my faith, please be civil, as I really think that allowing people to degrade another's faith in a public forum in a way that is very personal, and vitreolic, is not appropriate or constructive to anyone.:)

If someone ( maybe an adminstrator) could review back to my topic that I started in the religion section about an amazing little girl that painted like a grown up professional painter, and had a very vibrant Christian faith, though her mother was an atheist. It can be seen and read, that a certain poster has been allowed much liberality to defame and bash my faith in a way that borders on just plain hatred towards me, and my system of belief. In addition it can be observed that my respectful replies, are thrown back at me in a most disgraceful way, with additional personal attack and mockery.

Again, I refuse to neg. rep this individual, but I have wondered if I can even participate in this forum without this "person" haranging me wherever I might post.
I'm not a whiner by nature, but am concerned about how things are going. I think this has been one of the best forums that I've ever been a member of, and I want to be able to post without what has been happening to me in the last month or so.

I know a lot of people disagree with my "take" on things, yet I know that most respect me, as I, them, but there's some who are not of that vain, and I think there needs to be some monitoring in this area, or this forum will become a bastion with little political, and anti-religious "cliques". I've seen this happen in other forums, and sadly seen the demise of those forums, as a group seemed to start savaging others whom they disagreed with, and nothing in the area of discipline was carried out.

I have just read the thread in question and I don't think you have a leg to stand on, infact, you appear to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

That would be harangue, harangued, haranguing, and harangues. A person who engaes in such an activity would be called a haranguer. Just saying.

I have just read the thread in question and I don't think you have a leg to stand on, infact, you appear to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

I agree with Roomy. The first insult was fired by Eightball...

"Even the illiterate express more wisdom."

...followed by a half dozen of these :cuckoo: .

If you can't run with the dogs then stay on the porch.

To the above folks that didn't agree with my assessment, and the one who critiqued my post (about my misspelling a certain word starting with "h")......fear not.....I will not negative rep any of you. What would that serve? Two bads don't equal any good, or any progress in anything.

To be "illiterate" can be a state of not knowing or misinformed, and doesn't mean that one is being bashed for having that description said about them for a particular area of knowledge or understanding. Are we maybe trying too hard to read-in to posts some hidden spear or bullet of contempt?

I am quite "illiterate" in so many areas of knowledge and how to live live life, "right", that I couldn't even begin to list them.

Some of you folks are walking encyclopedias of political, religious, and philosophical knowledge, and probably could do very well on "Jeopardy" if you can hit that buzzer real fast, but I will admitt to you all that my knowledge is limited, but I hope that I've acquired a little wisdom, in my few years on this terrestrial ball, to apply what I've gained in the knowledge category, in a decent, and profitable way, for the most-part.

I don't have the flowery( not a criticism, a kudo) language of many here, and also the unusual, and unique senses of humor(not a criticism, a kudo) that have been exhibited here also. Many of you, I think don't realize how "gifted" you are in writing, and communications via that mode.
Carry-on gentlemen and gentlewomen....... :)
Side Note: No doubt if you reviewed my replies to "someone" I mentioned earlier-about in the religious section, you will find some sentences or wording, or vernacular that might be interpretted as a "come-back" or a defense of sort. I didn't intend for that thread to even end up being banged-around the way it was.

I just thought that this little girl was remarkable, and I thought others would notice and comment about it too. My big "boo boo" was mentioning that the little girl had this uncanny, and strong Christian faith, and yet she hadn't acquired this via her Mom's influence who was agnostic or possibly, atheistic. I thought that this revealed a very dramatic, and interesting work of God( my assessment only), as this child was so young and hadn't received any Christian nurturing from her parent/s.

If you read the first post and response to this topic by the "one" who I interpretted as "haranguing" me and my Christian faith (belief system), I can't possibly see how I instigated the measure of anger in that person's first response as well as the following ones.

I even tried to "identify" with this persons, mentioned, addictions, and family problems, and be supportive, yet possibly constructive, but I got more "missles". Maybe I should have just not replied at all?

The thread was a light-hearted one on my part, but stimulated a lot of anger towards the Christian faith, and a lot of mockery by one individual. It wasn't intended to do anything but support, and interest others, in the possibility that there is a real God/Creator, as this little girl's life seemed quite miraculous to me. Was that an illiterate assessment? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back