Some of you may want to become aware of a new rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing...who really cares?

I'm not sure how you can even come to that conclusion when the 2 aren't even comparable. People visit message boards for various reasons - debate, share ideas, learn, vent, socialize, get opinions, etc ...all that doesn't equate to someone needing or wanting approval from strangers.

I disagree.

So you're saying you post on a message board is to get approval from others? Why?

People visit message boards for various reasons - debate, share ideas, learn, vent, socialize, get opinions, etc ...all that doesn't equate to someone needing or wanting approval from strangers.

"Affirmation" and "approval" are hardly synonyms. I can affirm that what you say is true while still disapproving of it.

Sharing ideas, venting, socializing, learning and/or getting opinions all pretty much seek affirmation if not approval. So, in actuality, only those here strictly for debate would not care about affirmation and/or approval.

All of which is irrelevant to the fact that my response to hjmick was tongue-in-cheek and a play on what he posted; thus, the wink.

I have noted in the past that those who profess the most disdain for the rep system are the first to squawk when they get dinged. It's just a game. If you don't want to play, don't. Go into your profile and turn it off.

Oh, and I come here for the combat, so you could put me into your little groupings under "debater."

I have noted in the past that those who profess the most disdain for the rep system are the first to squawk when they get dinged. It's just a game. If you don't want to play, don't. Go into your profile and turn it off.

I hope that's a general and not specifically directed at me since I don't care one way or the other and haven't made a stink about it.

Oh, and I come here for the combat, so you could put me into your little groupings under "debater."

I also don't care enough to group strangers on a message board. I was merely saying that people have sorts of reasons for posting and not just because they want to get affirmation or approval, but I'm sure there's many who do.

Just a general comment, from my experience on message board, usually the ones who come on message boards solely to debate are incapable of looking at things from different perspectives because they think they're always right no matter what, and are also usually very preachy...that's just from my experience...there's always lots of room to learn.

I hope that's a general and not specifically directed at me since I don't care one way or the other and haven't made a stink about it.

General statement. It was not directed at you specifically.

I also don't care enough to group strangers on a message board. I was merely saying that people have sorts of reasons for posting and not just because they want to get affirmation or approval, but I'm sure there's many who do.

Did you miss the part where it was HUMOR?

Just a general comment, from my experience on message board, usually the ones who come on message boards solely to debate are incapable of looking at things from different perspectives because they think they're always right no matter what, and are also usually very preachy...that's just from my experience...there's always lots of room to learn.

In general, I would agree with you.

The guy I posted it to got it right off. :cool:

What are you trying to imply? :eusa_shifty:

Ok I'm being petty now but Mick actually responded to something you said to me not him so your statement is actually false as he didn't reply to your comment (it was I)...I'm just being silly now.

What are you trying to imply? :eusa_shifty:

Ok I'm being petty now but Mick actually responded to something you said to me not him so your statement is actually false as he didn't reply to your comment (it was I)...I'm just being silly now.

Go back to mick's original statement, and my response to it. The one about not caring about the rep thing.

My response to him was just messing with HIM. You got all serious and wanted to debate the issue of who frequents message boards.

Go back to mick's original statement, and my response to it. The one about not caring about the rep thing.

My response to him was just messing with HIM. You got all serious and wanted to debate the issue of who frequents message boards.

*sigh*...I don't know you well enough to get your humour or sarcasm so yeah I missed your joke...big deal. However, I don't think I'm that off the mark considering your comment wasn't completely a joke/sarcasm (based on your replies after)...anyways...

*sigh*...I don't know you well enough to get your humour or sarcasm so yeah I missed your joke...big deal. However, I don't think I'm that off the mark considering your comment wasn't completely a joke/sarcasm (based on your replies after)...anyways...

Correct me if I'm wrong ....wasn't it YOU that poked your nose into my response to another poster in another thread telling ME to lighten up?:eusa_think:

My replies were to your response.

It's not a big deal. I don't agree with your analysis, and it probably isn't the only thing we disagree on. The predominant majority of the categories of posters you mentioned DO seek affirmation and/or approval, so they do not support your stance.

Correct me if I'm wrong ....wasn't it YOU that poked your nose into my response to another poster in another thread

Ok once again Gunny (we've already been over this), this is a public message and people can post messages to whomever they wish, in any thread they wish, without get your approval or permission - regardless if you started or posted in the thread. For someone posting on a message board for 3 years, you think you would've learn this by now....there was absolutely no need or point for this comment.

Secondly, this isn't a big deal, but is this not a message board? What else am I supposed to do here except post on topics I want to?

Ok once again Gunny (we've already been over this), this is a public message and people can post messages to whomever they wish, in any thread they wish, without get your approval or permission - regardless if you started or posted in the thread. For someone posting on a message board for 3 years, you think you would've learn this by now....there was absolutely no need or point for this comment.

Secondly, this isn't a big deal, but is this not a message board? What else am I supposed to do here except post on topics I want to?

DO get over yourself. I have not once said you couldn't post whatever yuo wanted wherever you want. Your allegation is baseless, and an act of desperation.

My pointing out that you have a penchant for sticking your nose in where you have no idea what's going on and then made to look like a fool by posting based on your assumptions is not me telling you that you can or cannot do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back