Some hope that our President could extend his term!

Bullypulpit, I agree with you, but you do realize that bush lover is someone's gimmick account, yes? He's smooth though, I was taken in a few times myself. :eusa_doh:

Yeah, I understand that. BL's too extreme to be real, and is little more than a troll, but shit like that just pisses me off... zero to outrage in nothing flat... doesn't matter who says it or for what reason.

My grandpa fought to put down Hitler's world view, his brother died fighting that sick philosophy. And every generation of my family since then has served this country to keep shit like that from happening again. And now my niece is about to do the same. The open advocacy of establishing a Nazi style state in this country, usurping the Constitution and the Republic built upon it, is abhorrent to me, and I simply won't let it go unchallenged.

Sure thing, How exactly is he going to create this Nuclear war? Will he get Cheney to dig out his Nintendo Controller again, you know the one he used to fly those planes into the WTC?

No wait, I know he is in secret negotiations with Osama Bin Laden as we speak. His cabal of Neo Con Generals and storm troopers have already secretly planted nukes around the country and any day now he will have Dick use that controller...

Good God, your delusional. YOUR exactly why we have problems. Ignorant paranoid delusional crap spews from you night and day. What is truly sad though is None of the reasonable sane Liberals will say a word. Better to have you making these crazy claims then to denounce your idiotic claims.

Any pretext at all. Given this administrations utter contempt for the Constitution and the institutions founded upon that document, any pretext all all will do, from a natural disaster to a man-made one.

Yeah, I understand that. BL's too extreme to be real, and is little more than a troll, but shit like that just pisses me off... zero to outrage in nothing flat... doesn't matter who says it or for what reason.

My grandpa fought to put down Hitler's world view, his brother died fighting that sick philosophy. And every generation of my family since then has served this country to keep shit like that from happening again. And now my niece is about to do the same. The open advocacy of establishing a Nazi style state in this country, usurping the Constitution and the Republic built upon it, is abhorrent to me, and I simply won't let it go unchallenged.

In other words, you bought it. Bully's a fish! Bully's a fish!

Any pretext at all. Given this administrations utter contempt for the Constitution and the institutions founded upon that document, any pretext all all will do, from a natural disaster to a man-made one.

There's something fishy about Bully; he's probably a Pisces - working for scale...

The directive issued May 9 makes no attempt to reconcile the powers created there for the National Continuity Coordinator with the National Emergency Act. As specified by U.S. Code Title 50, Chapter 34, Subchapter II, Section 1621, the National Emergency Act allows that the president may declare a national emergency but requires that such proclamation "shall immediately be transmitted to the Congress and published in the Federal Register."

A Congressional Research Service study notes that under the National Emergency Act, the president "may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens."

The CRS study notes that the National Emergency Act sets up congress as a balance empowered to "modify, rescind, or render dormant such delegated emergency authority," if Congress believes the president has acted inappropriately.

NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 appears to supersede the National Emergency Act by creating the new position of National Continuity Coordinator without any specific act of Congress authorizing the position.

NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 also makes no reference whatsoever to Congress. The language of the May 9 directive appears to negate any a requirement that the president submit to Congress a determination that a national emergency exists, suggesting instead that the powers of the executive order can be implemented without any congressional approval or oversight.

Homeland Security spokesperson Russ Knocke affirmed that the Homeland Security Department will be implementing the requirements of NSPD-51/ HSPD-20 under Townsend's direction.

The White House had no comment.

this is a huge problem.... this executive order needs to be nixed RIGHT NOW!

IT makes one wonder if this president doesn't know something about another imminent attack in the wind?

i have no trust or faith in this president when it comes to any national emergency....

and he certainly should NOT be able to make the decision on whether he thinks something is a national emergency, this should be declared by congress imo! or specified down to the t what defines a national emergency...

the other thing is if the president wants all power to go to him including overseeing private businesses during an emergency, then there MUST BE a time limit to this power!

please contact your senators and representatives to REJECT this executive order or AT LEAST debate it.....our future is at stake!

care

Lets see ...we have a president who believes in armagedon who has started a war in the middleast, seems to not care agout the laws of our lands and talks to God.

Im scared guys

fyi from all that i have read in Daniel and Revelation etc...those who ''bring on'' armageddon in the Bible are the ''bad guys''..... not the ''good guys'', true folowers of Christ.

How many times has the bible been interpreted in different ways.

It can be made to say about anything the reader wants it to say.

I dont believe in armegedon.

Bush does and he could be talked into believing just about anything I think.

How many times has the bible been interpreted in different ways.

It can be made to say about anything the reader wants it to say.

I dont believe in armegedon.

Bush does and he could be talked into believing just about anything I think.

well, i am saying that IF he brings us in to armageddon, then it is NOT because he is a christian or following the way of Christ, but because he is evil, following the ''beast and dragon'' in the book of revelation...

i feel it is important to stress this as a Christian so that fellow christians can NOTE what i am saying....that those that are EVIL are the ones that bring us in to armageddon, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, imo.

so those christians that would follow a leader that brings on armageddon because they foolishly think it will bring Christ back are also following evil, not Christ.

enough said....this isn't in the religious thread area so i don't want to get repremanded! :( lol

care

There are THOUSANDS of people dwho call themselfs christians who are following some guy from south america who calls himself the antichrist and says he is gods right hand man.

This is the problem with organised religion, it can be used to make anythign happen in its name.

It been shown again and again throughout history

What I find most disturbing about this pernicious and patently un-American "presidential directive" is how little attention it has received. Congress has, apparently chosen to ignore this utterly unconstitutional power grab. One would think that the "Liberal Mainstream Media" would be all over this like flies on shit, but there has been no apparent coverage on any but a few blogs. So much for the right-wing myth of a liberal media.

Even more disturbing is the how broad the definition of a "catastrophic emergency" is, and I quote;

<blockquote>"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;</blockquote>

Had this policy been in effect when Hurricane Katrina struck, it could have been implemented. Any disaster, whether man-made or natural would be sufficient for Bush to invoke the authority of this directive. The full text may be found <a href=http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html>HERE</a>

We all need to start screaming long and loud about this one before the delusional, dictatorial little bastard decides to implement it.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55824

With these power, our President could set aside the Constitution, and could ban the ACLU, abolish the liberal media, ignore (arrest) the seditious antiwar leftists in Congress and ban abortion, and, among other things, he could finally upgrade our Christian heritage to the official status it deserves. My wish list goes on and on. But finally, our President Bush could complete his pro-American agenda without interference from liberals who hate America and our troops.

sounds like you want to be ruled by a dictator... What makes you think that you'll be allowed to keep doing what you're doing now if bush enacted those draconian measures? The good ol' us of a as it is today, would cease to exist.

And you would probably be pressed into the military to achieve the lofty goals of el dictraitoro. You down with that?

I see, not only have no "liberals" called BULLSHIT on the Nuclear war to take over the country scheme, we have more posting they believe Bush DOES intend to do JUST that.

And you people wonder WHY Conservatives and moderates alike wonder about your intentions and your sanity.

I wonder why Bush didn't just TAKE OVER before the 2004 election, I mean why risk an election when you people INSIST he intends to be dictator?

You all are DAMN LOONY TOONS. Irrational hatred for no reason. I would suggest you get help but I doubt you would seek any.

Very few people would EVER support a take over, or extention, or delay of a National election. The Military wouldn't stand for it, Congress wouldn't stand for it, Republican right wing Neo Cons wouldn't stand for it, Only the extreme fringe would ever support something like that. It simply is not going to happen.

Claiming you support the Constitution and then going on a moronic rant with NO basis in fact about a serving President is rich indeed, I would laugh if it weren't so serious.

Then there is care, the " I am a moderate"... lets see, she believes Bush planned and executed 9/11 ( why else refer to him knowing of another "attack") or that he allowed it to happen, she believes he would use any pretext to declare himself Dictator, yup those are sure mainstream moderate views....

Maineman, have you no opinion? Here are your cohorts making ludicrous claims and your silent on the matter. Any ally is acceptable? As long as they vote for the people you support? Where are the rest of the Liberals? Talk about Red State Rules AVOIDING a thread....

The Republicans already PUBLICLY kicked the right wing loons to the CURB, you all not only won't do the same for the left wing fringe, you tacitly support them with your blaring SILENCE.

What I really love is the constant refrain that Bush is right wing.... He is NOT a right winger.... Never has been and probably never will be.

The SILENCE pretty much says it all......

I see, not only have no "liberals" called BULLSHIT on the Nuclear war to take over the country scheme, we have more posting they believe Bush DOES intend to do JUST that.

And you people wonder WHY Conservatives and moderates alike wonder about your intentions and your sanity.

I wonder why Bush didn't just TAKE OVER before the 2004 election, I mean why risk an election when you people INSIST he intends to be dictator?

You all are DAMN LOONY TOONS. Irrational hatred for no reason. I would suggest you get help but I doubt you would seek any.

Very few people would EVER support a take over, or extention, or delay of a National election. The Military wouldn't stand for it, Congress wouldn't stand for it, Republican right wing Neo Cons wouldn't stand for it, Only the extreme fringe would ever support something like that. It simply is not going to happen.

Claiming you support the Constitution and then going on a moronic rant with NO basis in fact about a serving President is rich indeed, I would laugh if it weren't so serious.

Then there is care, the " I am a moderate"... lets see, she believes Bush planned and executed 9/11 ( why else refer to him knowing of another "attack") or that he allowed it to happen, she believes he would use any pretext to declare himself Dictator, yup those are sure mainstream moderate views....

Maineman, have you no opinion? Here are your cohorts making ludicrous claims and your silent on the matter. Any ally is acceptable? As long as they vote for the people you support? Where are the rest of the Liberals? Talk about Red State Rules AVOIDING a thread....

The Republicans already PUBLICLY kicked the right wing loons to the CURB, you all not only won't do the same for the left wing fringe, you tacitly support them with your blaring SILENCE.

What I really love is the constant refrain that Bush is right wing.... He is NOT a right winger.... Never has been and probably never will be.

The SILENCE pretty much says it all......

Neither Bush nor his supporters need to create an incident to justify invoking this directive. Sooner or later nature, or another terrorist attack...homegrown or foreign, will give Bush all the reason he needs.

Now you assume he has control of nature. You people are crazy as loons. If some Republican start6ed talking about Pelosi and Reid plotting to usurp total authority in Congress you would be laughing your ass off. Hell pelosi already plans to eliminate rules that haven't been changed in almost 200 years to silence half the house, and your response? You laughed it off. You applauded it as "neccassary"

I notice none of the "reasonable" Liberals have yet to post here. I wonder why that is?

I think one thing which is really revealing is, why did he sign this executive order, when he already had emergency powers to begin with. The only difference is, this new directive eliminates congressional oversight. Sort of like the wiretaps thing--it was already quite easy to get a secret warrant for a wiretap, but even that was brushed aside.

Another thing conservatives need to remember: Bush may never exercise these new powers. But eventually we will have a democratic president, and you may not like what he does with those powers. Honestly, if Clinton had made a power grab this bold ten years ago, conservatives would have been up in arms (and in all fairness, there's quite a few liberals who would have had no problems with it).

Forum List

Back