Solution to Voter ID?

Sounds reasonable to me though I doubt the far left will ever accept anything that requires a photo.
Think again. I do not think the left will have a bit of a problem with picture ID's under certain conditions.
1) The ID's (with proper identification) should be easy to get. Rather than the DMV, post offices would be a far better alternative. What has happened in some states is there have been mandated photo ID's and then the locations where they can get those ID's have been restricted. In some places the time when ID's are issued has been restricted which has caused people to have to take time off for work. You will deny this but the primary goal of requiring photo ID's is not to make voting less prone to fraud. The primary goal is to keep potential Democratic voters from the polls. And how do I know this? Because NO ONE has been able to show voter fraud is a problem that needs solving and because it is only occurring in states run by gop governors. If I am not mistaken the governor of Maine is pushing for photo ID's and in the last ten years there have been only about 2 cases of voter fraud.
2) Photo ID's should be phased in over several elections. Requiring photo ID's shortly before an election will only impact those who do not already have a photo ID and will have difficulty getting them.
Here is a thought, why not set up booths at the polling locations where people could reregister AND obtain a photo ID at the same time. Naturally they would be required to bring in suitable proof that they are who they say they are.

Of course you claim there is no voter fraud being a typical piece of shit liar like obama.

I dare you to claim IDs are racist the next time you try to cash your welfare check....

Criminal...you support other criminals violating the law, we get it.

You claim because some "adult" buys booze for teens that means IDs to buy alcohol should banned. If that adult doesn't buy them booze, then goodluck to those teens walking out of the store with booze without an ID.

I bet you think it is RACIST to ask for IDs to cash your welfare check....
I didn't claim that IDs should be banned or that teenagers should drink alcohol. I said that all of your bullshit about voter fraud is complete bullshit because there isn't any widespread voter fraud in the first place.

So you support stealing that so-called right from some voters by allowing others to steal their vote or vote numerous times thus nullifying their vote. :eusa_whistle:

Shut the fuck up, idiot.

Shitstain...so ensuring someone's 1 vote fully counts by only allowing legal US resident voters to vote once....doesn't mean shit to scum like you.

You're ok if some felon, illegal, etc steals their vote by voting more than once or actually uses their name and votes in their place.

Requring an ID to determine the people elected to actually create laws regarding voting, drinking alcohol, driving a car, etc....is too deep for your inferior ape brain.

No ID required to verify someone's vote regarding people put in charge of a city, state or the nation.....insane. Most countries view that as insane.

Conservative ignorance.

Driving a car, buying beer, or engaging in banking transactions aren’t fundamental Constitutional rights.

Voting is.

None of which has anything to do with the fact that voting is a fundamental right and the other activities you note requiring a state-issued photo ID are not.

I dare you to claim IDs are racist the next time you try to cash your welfare check....

At least you’re consistent in your ignorance and stupidity.

Unlike voting, there is no ‘right’ to receive public assistance, where requiring an ID is perfectly Constitutional.

What you and others on the right fail to understand is that because voting is a fundamental right, the state is restricted by the Constitution from placing an undue burden on exercising that right, where because there is no evidence voter ‘fraud’ is so widespread as to change the outcome of any election.

Once you have such evidence, present it in a court of law, and laws requiring a state-issued photo ID to vote will be upheld as Constitutional.

The issue has solely to do with what you can prove in court, not the errant, subjective, and irrelevant opinions of partisan conservatives.

How many documented cases of voter fraud were there in 2012?
Presuming for the moment, you;re asking me...
Irrelevant. The compelling interest exists regarless.
It's irrelevant that you're trying to fix a problem that you can't even prove is a problem?
You didn't read that I said.

The state has a compelling interest in ensuring that people are who they say they are when the show up at the polls, as the meaningful exercise of the right to vote is predicated upon it.

Put another way: The the fact that a person must be who he says he is when he shows up to vote in order for the people to meaningfully extercise their right to same creates the compellinmg interest, not the number of incidents of voter fraud.

And so, my response of "irrelevant" is sound; your response does not touch upon my argument behind the necessity of state-issued ID as a condition for voting.

Last edited:

You claim because some "adult" buys booze for teens that means IDs to buy alcohol should banned. If that adult doesn't buy them booze, then goodluck to those teens walking out of the store with booze without an ID.

I didn't claim that IDs should be banned or that teenagers should drink alcohol. I said that all of your bullshit about voter fraud is complete bullshit because there isn't any widespread voter fraud in the first place.

Can you prove there is no widespread voter fraud? The absence of evidence is proof of nothing. Nor, is any statement by any politician, Republican or Democrat proof of any evil intent for voter ID.

Americans are entitled to a voting system that is free of the possibility of fraud, and the simple fact that the Democrat party is so opposed to such a system is very telling as to where the fraud is coming from.

Can you prove there is no widespread voter fraud? The absence of evidence is proof of nothing. Nor, is any statement by any politician, Republican or Democrat proof of any evil intent for voter ID.

Americans are entitled to a voting system that is free of the possibility of fraud, and the simple fact that the Democrat party is so opposed to such a system is very telling as to where the fraud is coming from.

I can....

If there are widespread cases of people voting in other peoples names there would be thousands of people showing up at the polls only to find someone has voted in their name

It doesn't happen ....there is no fraud

Shitbag....uh it's called forgery.

Oh look someone signed your name on a check....so you're ok with it.:cuckoo:

I have a solution to voter ID

signatures.....been working for 200 years
Suffice it to say that if RW tried to vote and found that someone had already signed his name, he'd go apeshit.
He'd then blame GWB.

I have been voting for 40 years and nobody has ever voted in my name. I have seen no stories in the last 40 years of someone showing up to vote and finding someone has voted under their name

Have you?

Sounds reasonable to me though I doubt the far left will ever accept anything that requires a photo.
Think again. I do not think the left will have a bit of a problem with picture ID's under certain conditions.
1) The ID's (with proper identification) should be easy to get. Rather than the DMV, post offices would be a far better alternative. What has happened in some states is there have been mandated photo ID's and then the locations where they can get those ID's have been restricted. In some places the time when ID's are issued has been restricted which has caused people to have to take time off for work. You will deny this but the primary goal of requiring photo ID's is not to make voting less prone to fraud. The primary goal is to keep potential Democratic voters from the polls. And how do I know this? Because NO ONE has been able to show voter fraud is a problem that needs solving and because it is only occurring in states run by gop governors. If I am not mistaken the governor of Maine is pushing for photo ID's and in the last ten years there have been only about 2 cases of voter fraud.
2) Photo ID's should be phased in over several elections. Requiring photo ID's shortly before an election will only impact those who do not already have a photo ID and will have difficulty getting them.
Here is a thought, why not set up booths at the polling locations where people could reregister AND obtain a photo ID at the same time. Naturally they would be required to bring in suitable proof that they are who they say they are.
They have had big problems with it so far maybe that will change let's hope so.

No. The state of NC just ran the same faulty sift-program that Kris Kobach had created in Kansas, the very program over which he was forced to admit showed up a vast, vast, vast majority of FALSE POSITIVES. Why? Because the program is a piece of shit. It's the same type of stupidass software that Florida used to remove completely legitimate voters' votes from the rolls, just because their names were identical or similar to those of felons.

There were 135 cases of voter Fraud in Ohio in 2012, or 0.0024% of the voters in that state. Almost 1.5 million more people voted in Ohio than in NC in 2012. There's your answer.

Stupid fuck white trash....the state of NC just did an audit and found THOUSANDS of voter fraud cases.

Only a piece of shit like you would come on the internet claiming nobody has ever forged a name at a polling place or via absentee ballots when Democraps have had dead people voting in Chicago for decades.

Shitbag....uh it's called forgery.

Oh look someone signed your name on a check....so you're ok with it.:cuckoo:

Do it

Walk up to a polling place and make a perfect forgery of a signature

If it is so easy.....why hasn't it been done over the last 200 years?

Where is your voter fraud? Where at the thousands of people walking up to the polls only to find someone has already voted in their name?

Fact is, there are none

Last edited:

Forum List

Back