Solution to Voter ID?

Not to mention that non-resident aliens are also issued SS cards when they're hired for seasonal work (like picking fruit). They have to file taxes, so they need a SS number.

I think they are issued tax ID numbers, but I could be wrong.

I believe you are correct. However, most illegals are "borrowing" the social security number of a citizen. The government is well aware of the problem, but do nothing. The IRS cannot notify people when their number is being used. They act like it's none of our business because the numbers belong to government, not us. Of course, if an illegal alien using your number owes taxes, you are held responsible.

Yes, it's time to ensure that only citizens vote. If illegals can use our numbers, sign up for Obamacare and receive welfare, they can damn sure vote. We all need to re-register with proof of citizenship. Everyone, even the poor, have birth certificates.
It looks like both tax ID and Social Security numbers may apply to temporary workers. I guess it depends on the nature of the job, depending whether they obtain a SS or tax ID number? Not sure?

In the United States, a Social Security number (SSN) is a nine-digit number issued to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and temporary (working) residents under section 205(c)(2) of the Social Security Act, codified as 42 U.S.C. § 405(c)(2).

Social Security number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
If you want voter id then move to a modern country like Iraq where it is required. :D

How many cases of voter fraud were reported in 2012?

North Carolina Board of Elections found over 35,000 cases of people with same first name, last name, date of birth and last 4 of ss# who voted in North Carolina and at least one other state, Comrade. Think 35,000 votes can't make a difference?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._4USTSP18ylyKO4Qg&sig2=kzPan7fhm-epKX-UFOOECw
Yeah, that's actually not correct but Republicans are so in love with the idea that millions of people cheat in each election so they run with it without understanding what the claims are.

The source of that joy is a Wednesday report by Kim Strach, executive director of the N.C. Board of Elections. Strach’s office did a cross-check of voters in 28 states and found 765 registered voters who shared identifying information – name, date of birth, and last four digits of Social Security number – with voters in another state. Thousands more shared first and last names, plus birth dates.

Slam dunk. Voter fraud. Right?

Not exactly. The report doesn’t say why those names are on the rolls of two states. Strach told a legislative oversight committee that she doesn’t know yet. It could be that people registered to vote in a new state without telling their former state they had left. It could be that those who shared names and birth dates merely had common names. It could be that in the rush of an election, precinct workers made mistakes marking who voted.
N.C. voter fraud! (Or maybe not.) | CharlotteObserver.com

RALEIGH, N.C. -
One of the more compelling arguments for voter identification is the suppression of voter fraud. But for North Carolina, the number of cases of voter fraud reported by the state Board of Elections is minimal.

In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast in the general and two primary elections. Of those 6,947,317 ballots, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office.

That means of the nearly 7 million votes cast, voter fraud accounted for 0.00174 percent of the ballots.

Looking back at the 2010 election cycle -- which was not a presidential year -- 3.79 million ballots were cast and only 28 cases of voter fraud were turned over to the appropriate DA's office. So in 2010, voter fraud accounted for 0.000738 percent of ballots cast.
Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows - WNCN: News, Weather

In November 2011, I telephoned the N.C. Board of Elections in Raleigh, requesting documentation on the number of suspected fraud cases in N.C. by year starting in 2000 through 2010. In response to my inquiry, I received a chart listing types of voter fraud, the number of cases referred to respective district attorney’s office by type for each year 2000 through 2010.

Additionally, the letter related “the State Board of Elections, to the greatest extent permitted by resources, investigates all allegations of voter fraud. Most allegations prove to be unfounded, lack criminal intent, or cannot be substantiated; however, we refer matters to the appropriate district attorney’s office for their consideration.” This is, incidentally, consistent with a five-year voter fraud study, 2000 through 2007, conducted by the US Department of Justice, President George W. Bush Administration.

Conclusion: There were 86 suspected fraud cases found out of 300 million votes cast. FACT: There is no substantiated evidence that voter fraud has compromised the integrity of our election process, state or national.
COLUMN: Upon examination, voter fraud in NC is rare - Columns - Gaston Gazette

But none of that matters because yokels are going to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of facts or evidence. Like the Bible.

How about they start putting your picture on your Social Security card? That would solve the problem. Of course, it would mean people having to go get their picture taken, which is far easier than registering to vote or going to the polls and shouldn't be an issue. I know the libs think some people cannot accomplish such a difficult task. I suppose ACORN could organize some bus trips and make sure people get where they need to go.

Thing is, if people would be willing to go get their pic taken for their SS cards, they might as well go into the DMV and get a free picture ID. We should offer them for free if they are needed for voting. It's okay, the rest of us are used to paying for everything already.

Bill Clinton says he doesn't have a problem with photo IDs to vote and offered this unusual solution. Hillary might push for it as well. So, Dems, what say you?

Bill Clinton Offers a Voter ID Solution That We Can All Agree On?

It's really sadly hilarious. Until a man of color was nominated for the office of POTUS, real Republicans and real conservatives were adamantly opposed to a national I.D. Card. Now the faux conservatives and those who vote for Republicans, but are too dishonest to claim the party as there own, support a "show me your papers" policy.

How much effort did law enforcement or the voter board put toward actually finding it or ensuring it did not happen..

Kinda like asking a cop how many speeders he got while sitting with his free donut and coffee on break
Since you can't find any cases of voter fraud then that must mean that millions of voters outsmarted the legal system, right? So millions of "dumbocraps" cheated the system and voted illegally to elect Obama so he could redistribute all of the wealth from the poor to the rich?

Do you really believe that?

North Carolina Board of Elections found over 35,000 cases of people with same first name, last name, date of birth and last 4 of ss# who voted in North Carolina and at least one other state, Comrade. Think 35,000 votes can't make a difference?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._4USTSP18ylyKO4Qg&sig2=kzPan7fhm-epKX-UFOOECw

Where does Mitt Romney go to get his election back?

Jay DeLancy, executive director of the Voter Integrity Project of North Carolina, says steps must be taken to crack down on voter fraud after his state said it had identified tens of thousands of possible cases.

"We do have to analyze it carefully, but let's get it right now. There are about 36,000 people with first name, last name and date of birth all match [those of registered voters in other states], and these aren't just registered, these are people who registered and voted in November 2012, so these are dual voters," he told Newsmax TV's John Bachman and J.D. Hayworth on "America's Forum" Friday.

"Now the question is, is it a close match? Is it an exact match? Well, of those, about 675 of them actually gave the last four [digits] of their [Social Security numbers] that matched. Now what the left is doing is running around saying, 'oh the rest of them, their socials didn't match.' That's a lie."

Libertarian Republican

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, that's actually not correct but Republicans are so in love with the idea that millions of people cheat in each election so they run with it without understanding what the claims are.

RALEIGH, N.C. -
One of the more compelling arguments for voter identification is the suppression of voter fraud. But for North Carolina, the number of cases of voter fraud reported by the state Board of Elections is minimal.

In 2012, nearly 7 million ballots were cast in the general and two primary elections. Of those 6,947,317 ballots, the state Board of Elections said 121 alleged cases of voter fraud were referred to the appropriate district attorney's office.

That means of the nearly 7 million votes cast, voter fraud accounted for 0.00174 percent of the ballots.

Looking back at the 2010 election cycle -- which was not a presidential year -- 3.79 million ballots were cast and only 28 cases of voter fraud were turned over to the appropriate DA's office. So in 2010, voter fraud accounted for 0.000738 percent of ballots cast.
Widespread voter fraud not an issue in NC, data shows - WNCN: News, Weather

In November 2011, I telephoned the N.C. Board of Elections in Raleigh, requesting documentation on the number of suspected fraud cases in N.C. by year starting in 2000 through 2010. In response to my inquiry, I received a chart listing types of voter fraud, the number of cases referred to respective district attorney’s office by type for each year 2000 through 2010.

Additionally, the letter related “the State Board of Elections, to the greatest extent permitted by resources, investigates all allegations of voter fraud. Most allegations prove to be unfounded, lack criminal intent, or cannot be substantiated; however, we refer matters to the appropriate district attorney’s office for their consideration.” This is, incidentally, consistent with a five-year voter fraud study, 2000 through 2007, conducted by the US Department of Justice, President George W. Bush Administration.

Conclusion: There were 86 suspected fraud cases found out of 300 million votes cast. FACT: There is no substantiated evidence that voter fraud has compromised the integrity of our election process, state or national.
COLUMN: Upon examination, voter fraud in NC is rare - Columns - Gaston Gazette

But none of that matters because yokels are going to believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of facts or evidence. Like the Bible.

Commies will continue to vote in 2 and 3 states and their commie media sites will attempt to debunk state board of election findings and tell us to move along...nothing to see here. Maybe you commies should read the Bible. Especially the parts about right and wrong. Lying and cheating. But then again, to commies there is no right and wrong. The ends justify the means. Right Comrade?

Solution to Voter ID?
Voter ‘ID’ is in no need of a ‘solution,’ and there is no ‘problem,’ that’s what you and others on the right refuse to understand, what you and others on the right remain willfully ignorant of for purely partisan reasons.

Voter ‘fraud’ by identity is a non-issue, it is virtually nonexistent, as no election’s outcome has been altered as a consequence of voter ‘fraud.’

Absent any evidence in support of voter ‘ID,’ it manifests an unwarranted burden to the fundamental right to vote.

Citizens are required to document their identity when they register to vote, subsequent to that they should be allowed to vote absent interference by the state.

Nothing to see here folks, move on along. Voter fraud? Naw, folks are honest and would never cheat. Move on along.

They protest too much, and it is becoming obvious that Democrats are afraid that voter ID would cost them a lot of dead voters.

You see, it is just a much of a burden to Republican voters to obtain a photo ID, as it is to a Democrat voter, but Republicans are not playing the victim card. Why? Because the Republican party has little to lose from tightening up the voter ID system.

How about they start putting your picture on your Social Security card? That would solve the problem. Of course, it would mean people having to go get their picture taken, which is far easier than registering to vote or going to the polls and shouldn't be an issue. I know the libs think some people cannot accomplish such a difficult task. I suppose ACORN could organize some bus trips and make sure people get where they need to go.

Thing is, if people would be willing to go get their pic taken for their SS cards, they might as well go into the DMV and get a free picture ID. We should offer them for free if they are needed for voting. It's okay, the rest of us are used to paying for everything already.

Bill Clinton says he doesn't have a problem with photo IDs to vote and offered this unusual solution. Hillary might push for it as well. So, Dems, what say you?

There's places in Houston Texas where you can get an SS card in fifteen minutes for $100.00, add your picture for a few dollars more and you're good to go, legal or not. I worked with Mexicans who had them.

This is one hell of a mess our politicians have gotten us into.
I've met and worked with many illegals in my time, and mostly they are good, God serving, family oriented, conservative people. It's not realistic to think they can be ran back across the border.
I actually agree with Jeb (puke) Bush on this, but very little else. The Bush's are not Conservatives!!

Oh, the border must be secure, and confirmed secure by land owners on the border, before any citizenship is granted.

We've been down this road far too many times!

There IS no "solution" to voter ID - voter ID -IS- the solution.

The state has a compelling interest in ensuring that people are who they say they are when the show up at the polls, as the meaningful exercise of the right to vote is predicated upon it. Requiring a state-issued ID is the least restrictive means to achieve this interest.

Yea but then what are you going to do with the people without social security numbers? The right to vote to trump those concerns also! :D

A drivers license or state ID card should be more than enough. It's not controversial. It's common sense!

As long as it's free.

Social security cards are issued at birth now, I don't think a photo would be much help, children change so much. Plus resident aliens are issued cards and their not eligible to vote. Nothing wrong with the way it's being done.

LOL, that's probably why Clinton came up with this. I don't think any kind of ID is going to stop cheating since it's not really the people walking into the polls to vote that cause the problem. It's cheating within the system, from dishonest poll workers to those counting the votes.

Everyone should be required to re-register prior to the next election and no more motor voter registration. That method only insures millions of legal ballots that only about 30% of the legal voters will bother to use. That's a lot of extra ballots to play around with and not worry about getting caught.

Until people admit where the real cheating is and address it, don't expect our voting system to be honest and fair.

Why don't you tell us where it is? There seems to be only a microscopic bit of charges, let alone convictions.

How many documented cases of voter fraud were there in 2012?
Presuming for the moment, you;re asking me...
Irrelevant. The compelling interest exists regarless.
It's irrelevant that you're trying to fix a problem that you can't even prove is a problem? Someone has to be able to point to widespread evidence of voter fraud to be able to constantly complain that voter fraud is a widespread problem that requires immediate attention.

If you can find even a thousand documented cases of voter fraud, nationwide, since 2000, out of a population of 300m+, then it isn't a problem that requires immediate attention.

So what is the real reason that so many Conservatives want voter ID laws if it isn't to stop voter fraud since voter fraud in virtually non-existent?

Unless we implement voter ID, in the form of photo ID and proof of citizenship, voter fraud will continue. This includes voter fraud by both U.S. citizens and illegals alike.

Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced Wednesday that his office found 17 non-citizens illegally cast ballots in the 2012 presidential election -- and has referred the case for possible prosecution.

The alleged crime would be a notable case of voter fraud in a key swing state. By law, only American citizens are allowed the privilege of casting ballots for the nation's leaders.

Ohio officials say that did not stop some from getting around the system.

"I have a responsibility to uphold election law, and under both federal and state law you must be a citizen to vote," said Husted, a Republican who has aggressively tried to investigate voter fraud cases in his state.

Husted also found that 274 non-citizens remain on the voting rolls.

President Obama beat Mitt Romney in Ohio by just 2 percentage points in November 2012.

As part of Ohio's efforts to clean up the voting rolls, election officials discovered that more than 257,000 dead people were still listed as active voters. Their names and status, Husted said, have since been removed.

Melowese Richardson, 58, is serving five years in prison after being convicted of four counts of voter fraud. Prosecutors said she repeatedly had voted in the name of her sister, who has been in a coma since 2003, and that the illegal votes Richardson cast were counted in both the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. She also was accused of illegally voting in November's election in the names of other people, including her granddaughter India Richardson, who told Fox News that "it wasn't a big deal."

Non-citizens caught voting in 2012 presidential election in key swing state | Fox News

Last edited:

Forum List

Back