Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
MACON — U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Wouldn't it be some shit if it is found that Obama wasn't born in the US and it is still ruled that he can be President because hs mother was a US Citizen?

What these people fal to comprehend is that a US Citizen gave birth to the man, therefore he is a natural born citzen no matter where he was born.

Wouldn't it be some shit if it is found that Obama wasn't born in the US and it is still ruled that he can be President because hs mother was a US Citizen?

What these people fal to comprehend is that a US Citizen gave birth to the man, therefore he is a natural born citzen no matter where he was born.

i guess lying on applications under penalty of perjury is no big deal...if he wasn't born here...

MACON — U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly his motivation.

Like it or not he's the C in C until he ain't. Deal.

There's much debate on that. It would have to be a court ruling I think, probably all the way up to the SCOTUS. The Constitution isn't really all that clear in this regard, as it applies to the CinC.

There's much debate on that. It would have to be a court ruling I think, probably all the way up to the SCOTUS. The Constitution isn't really all that clear in this regard, as it applies to the CinC.

Actually it is. It clearly states "natural born citizen." The citizenship clause of the 14th amendment (secton 1, clause 1) allows that all children born to US Citizens has a natural birthright to US Citizenship.

I rather suspect that's what will happen. It will come out, and nothing will come of it.

i guess lying on applications under penalty of perjury is no big deal...if he wasn't born here...

How do you prove perjury? He has a Hawaii birth certificate.

Actually it is. It clearly states "natural born citizen." The citizenship clause of the 14th amendment (secton 1, clause 1) allows that all children born to US Citizens has a natural birthright to US Citizenship.
It's hardly clear if the Framers meant "on our soil" or not. Interesting article here: Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's hardly clear if the Framers meant "on our soil" or not. Interesting article here: Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What the hell does the Framer's intent have to do with anything? We have SCOTUS rulings. Two of them. Elk v. Wilkins and United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

These two rulings outlined who qualifes and who does not.

These people qualify:

-Children born to U.S. citizens

-Children born to aliens who are lawfully inside the United States who intend to obey its laws

Obama qualifies under the bolded part, no matter what the geography is.

Forum List

Back