Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan

Wouldn't it be some shit if it is found that Obama wasn't born in the US and it is still ruled that he can be President because hs mother was a US Citizen?

What these people fal to comprehend is that a US Citizen gave birth to the man, therefore he is a natural born citzen no matter where he was born.

I rather suspect that's what will happen. It will come out, and nothing will come of it.

I agree ... just another liar in office

It's a distraction to keep the partisans on the right from actually doing anything to stop him, if you think about it, it's working too well. People who are partisan will latch onto even the smallest little thing and beat it to death, even if it's just another non-issue.

Speaking of the OP ... we had a military member say they wouldn't fight in the Iraq war because it was illegal, which it was ... but he was still locked up. America ... the land where you can stand by your principles only if the government or partisan hacks agree with you.

MACON — U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Idiot .............. I agree, this complaint should have been filed because Obama is incompetent to lead and to govern. He should have stated, I cannot in good faith serve at the pleasure of an idiot!

Bottom-line, this person has chosen to be a pawn in a political debate.

This case is everything that it worst about America.

- An utterly pointless story, debated ad nauseam between people who think they know everything and people who clearly know nothing (and everyone else in between).
- A lawyer advising someone about a case that will not be won in a million years.
- A waste of money and judicial time
- A media circus that is in no way helpful to anyone or anything (except possibly sales / ratings)
- And all the time the economy is in the shit and could do with the 2 sides trying to agree a way forward that will help average Americans, but instead they spend hour after hour discussing shit like this.

What a waste of everything.

Wouldn't it be some shit if it is found that Obama wasn't born in the US and it is still ruled that he can be President because hs mother was a US Citizen?

What these people fal to comprehend is that a US Citizen gave birth to the man, therefore he is a natural born citzen no matter where he was born.
You sir are 100% correct. John McSame was born in Panama city. His old man was a Naz....I mean in the service.

This idiot signed up to serve the Mpyre and it's Nazi "leaders" and his ass will be tazered and jailed pretty soon.
Hopefully his lawyer will be declared a "domestic " terrariss" and waterboarded for eternity.
Nah. Never happen. He is one of the "Chosen"........self chosen.Their gene pool contains no terrorists :evil::evil::evil:

i guess lying on applications under penalty of perjury is no big deal...if he wasn't born here...

How do you prove perjury? He has a Hawaii birth certificate.

if he knew he wasn't born in the US...

I am willing to wager that Major Cook's Commanding Officer would love to choke this asshole. I am also willing to wager that Major Cook will most likely never reach the rank of Colonel. His military career is shot. It's clowns like this guy that gives the military a black eye. I'm in no way trying to defend Obama. Don't get that impression. With that said, I would strongly recommend that Major Cook be more interested in performing his duties as assigned rather than to worry so much about Obama's birth certificate. In all likely hood, Major Cook is in reality trying to earn himself a reason to be left behind when the rest of the troops deploy. He's a coward.

Actually it is. It clearly states "natural born citizen." The citizenship clause of the 14th amendment (secton 1, clause 1) allows that all children born to US Citizens has a natural birthright to US Citizenship.
It's hardly clear if the Framers meant "on our soil" or not. Interesting article here: Natural born citizen of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What the heel does the Framer's intent have to do with anything? We have SCOTUS rulings. Two of them. Elk v. Wilkins and United States v. Wong Kim Ark.

These two rulings outlined who qualifes and who does not.

These people qualify:

-Children born to U.S. citizens

-Children born to aliens who are lawfully inside the United States who intend to obey its laws

Obama qualifies under the bolded part, no matter what the geography is.

geography does matter....if only one parent is a citizen and that is obama's case...

Certain individuals born outside of the United States are born citizens because of their parents, according to the principle of jus sanguinis (which holds that the country of citizenship of a child is the same as that of his / her parents). The U.S. Congress is responsible for enacting laws that determine how citizenship is conveyed by a U.S. citizen parent or parents according to the principle of jus sanguinis. These laws are contained in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Information on who is a citizen or national at birth can be found in the following sections of the INA: § 301, § 302, § 303, § 304, § 305, § 306, § 307, § 308, and § 309.

USCIS - Naturalization Eligibility

ProPublish Reference

Not really. Watada didn't base his case on Bush's eligibility to be CinC but rather on the legality of the war in Iraq itself.

Of course it's not the same exact thing, hj.

Uh NO... It's not the same thing... According to the OP, this guy is an commissioned officer; thus bound to know in good cconscience that he is carrying out legal orders; thus it sure seems to have 'standing'...

I'd sure like to see the argument which would contest such...

I'd also like to see where being born to a US citizen constitutes 'natural born citizenship...' I could see it where the mother AND father were US citizens... But given that in marriage, the woman adopts the husbands oathes; such seems fairly implausible.

Watada was a First Lieutenant ...

MACON — U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Memo to Cap'n Cook:

".. If you don't know if you're stupid or not - well - then.... you probably are...."

P.S. Your lawyer is charging you HOW MUCH? to file this ridiculous POS?

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan

That's going to be tough to prove. Now if he said he wasn't going to Afghanistan because Obama is an idiot, that we could believe.

Then I guess that's an admission that the tens of thousands of soldiers and Marines deployed in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001 were all just idiots following the orders of the Head Idiot.

I am willing to wager that Major Cook's Commanding Officer would love to choke this asshole. I am also willing to wager that Major Cook will most likely never reach the rank of Colonel. His military career is shot. It's clowns like this guy that gives the military a black eye. I'm in no way trying to defend Obama. Don't get that impression. With that said, I would strongly recommend that Major Cook be more interested in performing his duties as assigned rather than to worry so much about Obama's birth certificate. In all likely hood, Major Cook is in reality trying to earn himself a reason to be left behind when the rest of the troops deploy. He's a coward.

Missing Movement......Duck Dinner, y'all.

Just to clarify:

Cook is a reservist (Watada was active duty). He volunteered for mobilization for the sole purpose of filing this case in federal court. There are a couple of problems here:

First, it is unclear if a federal court would have jurisdiction over this matter, since the orders were cut by HRC-STL (the reserve depot that cuts orders) under the authority of the UCMJ. It would be an un-precedented move for a civilian court to trump a mobilization order and would lay the precedent for other soldiers to challenge their orders "outside of the chain of command". This is further complicated by the fact that the Army has procedures in place to seek a delay and/or exemption to mobilization orders within the UCMJ that Cook has not utilized.

The few times federal courts have trumped the UCMJ have been to deem soldiers "conscientious objectors" when they have been denied that status by the UCMJ. With this in mind, Cook is also trying to be declared a "CO". He's got a few problems here too. First, he (again) did not go through the proper military channels to seek CO status. Second, CO status is awarded (by reg) for moral and religious reasons. It is specifically stated that it will not be awareded for political reasons. Finally, and most importantly, CO status is a dinosaur from the conscript days. It is rarely, if ever, used in an all volunteer Army. Cook is going to have a hard time reconciling his new-found desire to be a CO, 20 years after he opted out of CO states in his initiatl paperwork. On top of that Cook is an officer in a combat arms branch (engineer).

I agree he's tubed his career. He deserves it. He is missusing his rank to try and prompt a constitutional crisis. That's a big no-no. I don't know if he will be sanctioned under the UCMJ, but his evaluation reports will reflect this stupidity.

I predict this will get summarily tossed for jurisdictional reasons and Cook will deploy to Afghanistan.

Backfire.

FYI: Cook's a Freeper, too.

Oh, the jail's he'll go!

I think waht is likely to happen is that the Army will encourage the officer to resign his commission and he will do so, quietly.

Me, I would charge him with inciting mutiny and place him in pre-trial confinement pending the resolution of his civil lawsuit, but that's just me.

Kind of insulting that this guy would volunteer for deployment for the purpose of challenging that deployment in court.

For practical reasons the Army cannot let this kind of thing stand. Would it open the military up to soldiers challenging whether their immediate commanders are legitimate? "Well, I am not certain that Captain Smith ever really completed OCS, in fact, I doubt that he did, so I don't think he can give me a lawful order." "I don't believe that the Congress followed their own rules when they approved General Jones' appointment because it was attached to a continuing resolution instead of being passed on its own..."

Chaos. I think guys like this need to be made an example of.

Excellent points.

Memo to Cap'n Cook:

".. If you don't know if you're stupid or not - well - then.... you probably are...."

P.S. Your lawyer is charging you HOW MUCH? to file this ridiculous POS?

His lawyer is a "birther" himself, who has already brought Obama birth certificate challenges to court.

Idiot .............. I agree, this complaint should have been filed because Obama is incompetent to lead and to govern. He should have stated, I cannot in good faith serve at the pleasure of an idiot!

Bottom-line, this person has chosen to be a pawn in a political debate.

How is he a "pawn" when he started the whole thing?

Forum List

Back