• No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Would have gotten whoever was in charge to fix check, then paid

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I dunno

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny, i am not a liberal and i would have paid. I always wonder why people get so worked up over bad service at a restaurant as if they are never going to eat again. I have found that people getting upset over bad service and then going on and on about how they were dissed or whatever is more upsetting and ruins the fun of dining than does the actual bad service. Bad service, so what? And, it does sound like the waitress did try to engage the party and do some things she thought would be helpful in her way.

No one said anything about this at the resturant, other than the discussion over the bill my co-worker had.

It was only after we got back to the office and I asked if anyone else had a problem with how bad the service was that the co-workers bill fiasco came to my attention.

There is nothing wrong with correcting a bill or talking to the waitress or even going to the manager to straighten things out. It is really all in your approach. If you take it in stride and then go about getting it however you want, no problem. But, if you start pitching a fit or whatever, that is when it becomes socially awkward.

Really? You are going to make all kinds of assumptions like that? Sheesh. I usually err on the side of thinking most people actually do mean well.

I make that assumption because I've seen how waitresses who are dipping into the till act.

And that's how they act. They mess with tickets, they make "mistakes" and they cover their tracks.

It's not behavior that is tolerated by any establishment. She didn't make a mistake, she was conning. What she did is actually, in and of itself, illegal.

Oh brother. Now you want her to go to jail? :lol:

I travel for a living and I eat most of my meals at restaurants with a coworker. It's important to let your server know before you order how you want the bill(s) handled. It's easy for the server to put everything on one bill and that's what you'll get 9 times out of 10 if you don't specify.

In this case, I'd pay the small bill just to be done with it and leave an 'appropriate' tip. I worked as a cook in college and I saw how important tips are to a server. A light tip sends a huge message and drives a steep learning curve for the server.

I know because I spent some years as a cocktail waitress and a bartender, I know whereof I speak. It's pretty common. She's covering her ass somehow. And it doesn't always make sense to those looking on, they're quite devious and often addled by drugs when they do it.

I had not considered this.

I kind of doubt it though; she really just seemed affably goofy.

Really? You are going to make all kinds of assumptions like that? Sheesh. I usually err on the side of thinking most people actually do mean well.

I make that assumption because I've seen how waitresses who are dipping into the till act.

And that's how they act. They mess with tickets, they make "mistakes" and they cover their tracks.

It's not behavior that is tolerated by any establishment. She didn't make a mistake, she was conning. What she did is actually, in and of itself, illegal.

You're an idiot, aren't you?

I'm sorry. It must cause you pain. Though you probably don't connect the pain to your own idiocy. And that's sad in and of itself.

The waitress was probably happy to get rid of these guests. Tip or no tip.

You are delusional and judgemental.

And given your libtardedness, you're probably hypocrital also, lol.

Nothing delusional in calling out your cheapassedness. (and your oh so respected "friend")

Get a life.

You still missed the fact that I tipped well over 20% and I made no big deal about the waitresses blunderings I had to endure.

You are a judgemental, presumptive, jerk.

Go take a hike, moron.

I'm sorry. It must cause you pain. Though you probably don't connect the pain to your own idiocy. And that's sad in and of itself.

:lol: Pathetic.

You are delusional and judgemental.

And given your libtardedness, you're probably hypocrital also, lol.

Nothing delusional in calling out your cheapassedness. (and your oh so respected "friend")

Get a life.

You still missed the fact that I tipped well over 20% and I made no big deal about the waitresses blunderings I had to endure.

Go take a hike, moron.

You are the one who said it was about a $7 bill and now your are changing the scenario. Sorry, you and your "friend" handled it all wrong. Start to finish, wrong.

There is nothing wrong with correcting a bill or talking to the waitress or even going to the manager to straighten things out. It is really all in your approach. If you take it in stride and then go about getting it however you want, no problem. But, if you start pitching a fit or whatever, that is when it becomes socially awkward.

I agree, but I just wondered if I was being unresonable to say that I wouldnt have paid for the things I did not order. It astonishes me the things people will do to avoid socially awkward things.

Seinfeld made a mint mining these kinds of things for laughs.

Yes, she is.

I'm sorry. It must cause you pain.

I suspect it causes the entire cosmos pain.

Though you probably don't connect the pain to your own idiocy. And that's sad in and of itself.

True, but that comes with her being such an idiot. Its kind of like getting drunk; as you get drunk your ability to tell you are drunk in itself diminishes.

Idiocy is that way too; she probably has no idea she is a moron.

All I can say is she must not be responsible for the $$ in her household, or there wouldn't be much of it. I know a mistake when I see one. Manipulating checks and the till at a restaurant is not indicative of having made a mistake. It's indicative of theft.

Get a life.

Go take a hike, moron.

You are the one who said it was about a $7 bill and now your are changing the scenario. Sorry, you and your "friend" handled it all wrong. Start to finish, wrong.

Lol, I never said it was a $7 bill, idiot, I said that is what the waitress said in her guesstimate.

I handled nothing since I was not a part of the bill fiasco and my co-worker handled it like you said you would. After trying to straighten things out with the waitress, she saw it was going to be a mess and went ahead and just paid it.

I am going to bookmark this thread as an illustration of what idiots you and Samson are, lolol.

You probably thought everyone was going to agree with you and say yayy that you made a waitress's life miserable over a couple of bucks.

You suck, guy.

I agree, but I just wondered if I was being unresonable to say that I wouldnt have paid for the things I did not order. It astonishes me the things people will do to avoid socially awkward things.

I guess i am not understanding the problem. Was your party billed for stuff they did not order? And, if not, then why could you guys just figure out as a party who owed what?

I guess i am not understanding the problem. Was your party billed for stuff they did not order? And, if not, then why could you guys just figure out as a party who owed what?

The waitress divided the check as she saw fit. She was hiding something, probably the fact that she pocketed most of the income generated by the meal.

Here's the scam...they overcharge for the meal and then they pocket the difference.

She overcharged for the meal when she "divided" the check between one guy and another person and his spouse. She kept the diff, and sat down and befuddled the person she was scamming.

Why do you assume that? Maybe she really was trying to be helpful. But, i guess i dont' always go around looking for the worst case scenario.

How is it helpful to overcharge a person, and divide up checks as you see fit without asking them?

It's not helpful, and it wasn't helpful in this case. I assume that because it's COMMON BEHAVIOR from crooked servers. I've seen it I don't know how many times, and seen their asses get canned and charges be brought because of it.

She can't fix the mistake AND the manager is at a meeting? You believe that? I have a bride to sell...

Forum List

Back