So what should Obama have done?

And your selfishness would destroy our country's economy.

While we subsidize Brazil drilling...and allow others to come in and take what is ours...I wonder if these Enviro-Whackos will be sorry to see the rigs sail away into the Sunset...as a once proud Republic walks into the same Sunset?
You realize BP is "others", right?

Just so you know, Judge Neapolitano got the information about BP being denied a waiver to drill at 500' from a FOIA request and I can't find the information online, I have however emailed him, hopefully he responds and you can see that once again you are wrong.

While we subsidize Brazil drilling...and allow others to come in and take what is ours...I wonder if these Enviro-Whackos will be sorry to see the rigs sail away into the Sunset...as a once proud Republic walks into the same Sunset?

Sure I do. Why stick around when you are about to be destroyed by rogue Statists that mean to take you down? Free Enterprise really bothers Statists...therefore they must destroy them by whatever means they can.

Obama is doing a damned fine job. MORE businesses will go off shore...to friendlier climes...as WE sink into a mere shadow of what we once were...

Kinda makes a Statist all warm and fuzzy...doesn't it?
Okay, you've gone over the edge. Nice talking to you. :lol:

From your own site, Ravi:

The group also notes that shallow-water wells in the Gulf of Mexico, once drilled, are predominantly natural gas providers -- making them less risky from an environmental point of view.
Shallow-water drilling companies unite to lobby regulators | NewsWatch: Energy | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
So there's your answer...the environmentalists didn't force deep water drilling. The oil companies drill wherever they can find oil.

You're welcome.

WTF? Natural gas is not oil, Ravi. This is an epic fail on your behalf.

Dude that fail was minor in comparison to the earlier hilarity of saying boo hoo about at least 5000 oil workers losing their jobs through no fault of their own and then turning right around and accusing others of not caring about people. That has to be at least in the top5 epic fails in the history of the internet.

Sure I do. Why stick around when you are about to be destroyed by rogue Statists that mean to take you down? Free Enterprise really bothers Statists...therefore they must destroy them by whatever means they can.

Obama is doing a damned fine job. MORE businesses will go off shore...to friendlier climes...as WE sink into a mere shadow of what we once were...

Nope Observations...I beg to differ. I am a capitalist...Free Market Republic type...But yet you seem to applaud Obama taking out industry...especially when things happen...

I suggest that it is YOU that is on the preface of falling.

The only reason BP still has any control over the situation is their on-the-record support for cap and tax and large contributions to Obama's presidential campaign. BP is a statist loving corperation.

Nope Observations...I beg to differ. I am a capitalist...Free Market Republic type...But yet you seem to applaud Obama taking out industry...especially when things happen...

I suggest that it is YOU that is on the preface of falling.

On the preface my ass, that crazy bitch jumped off head first about 10 posts ago when she claimed to care more about people than I do then turned right around and said too bad about between 5 and 20 thousand people losing their jobs.

No fail.

Shallow well drilling just doesn't yield as much oil anymore. It has nothing to do with environmentalists. I personally would like to smack your heads together for repeating this lie...but I realize you can't help yourselves because the talking points have been issued.
The EIA estimates "a vast majority" of projected increases in U.S. production in the near term will come from Gulf deepwater fields similar to the site of the Deepwater Horizon spill, which currently represent about 70 percent of all Gulf oil production. This share is expected to grow in the next few years. A 2009 U.S. Minerals Management Service (MMS) report forecasting production (PDF) in the Gulf of Mexico shows that as shallow-water production levels have fallen, deepwater production has taken up the slack.

What is driving the industry to pursue deepwater projects?

The upward trend in deepwater Gulf projects is mirrored around the world as oil companies look for new sources of production amid higher oil prices and growing global demand. Many older wells are experiencing production decline and new finds are often more expensive to extract and harder to refine, which some environmental and energy experts say heralds the end to cheap and easy oil (McClatchy). Production from unconventional sources such as oil sands is on the rise, and deepwater drilling is considered one of the last frontiers in oil exploration. Oil investment analyst D. Barry McKennitt said the only reason anyone is willing to drill in deepwater with the depths, temperatures, and other significant technical challenges is that other opportunities are closed. "They don't do it just for exercise," he said.
U.S. Deepwater Drilling's Future - Council on Foreign Relations

And there's always the better profits with deep well drilling.
For investors seeking a sweet spot in the oil patch, it is hard to beat the deep-water drilling companies. For the next couple of years, Diamond will benefit from rising rates and nearly full utilization. The company has retrofitted rigs coming into service at higher rates, and existing contracts are being renewed at higher rates. Supply in the industry is constricted by the $700 million price tag and three- to four-year lead times for a new rig, combined with conservative operators who have been burned in the past from adding capacity too quickly. If you are interested in investing in this sector, shares are quite volatile, meaning there should be multiple opportunities to pick up shares at a discount. The next time Diamond swoons, you might just see me in the trading pits adding to my position.
Deep Profits in Deep-Water Drilling (DO)

So there's your answer...the environmentalists didn't force deep water drilling. The oil companies drill wherever they can find oil.

You're welcome.

Dude that fail was minor in comparison to the earlier hilarity of saying boo hoo about at least 5000 oil workers losing their jobs through no fault of their own and then turning right around and accusing others of not caring about people. That has to be at least in the top5 epic fails in the history of the internet.
No fault of their own...well, they did choose to work in a dinosaur industry.

These are also theoretical jobs, btw.

The true reason BHO implimented the moritorium is the fact he is an Enviro-Statist. Plain and simple.

Levin says it best...

"If nature has "intrinsic value" than nature exists for its own sake. Consequently, man is not to be preferred over any aspect of his natural surroundings. He is no better than any other organism and much worse than most because of his destructive existence. And so it is that the Enviro-Statist abandons reason for a faith that preaches human regression and self-loathing. And he does so by claiming the moral high ground-saving man from himself and nature from man. Most individuals who are sympathetic to environmental causes are unwitiing marks, responsive to the Enviro-Statist's manipulation of science, imagery, and language. Over time they self-surrender liberty for authority, abundance for scarcity, and optimism for pessimism. "Save the planet!" is the rallying cry that justifies nearly any intrusion by government into the life of the individual. The individual, after all, is expendable."

Ravi, if i punched you in the jaw would it break Obama's cock? I think it would.

Theoretical jobs in a dinosaur industry? So, to reiterate, the only people you care about are the ones that meet your approved conditions.... Hmmm there was a guy who thought like that once, what was his name.... Oh that's right FUCKING HITLER.

Ravi........get back to reality .....please. This dinosaur industry runs the entire world, and we will always need petroleum. There is nothing dinosaur about it. But, please feel free not to drive, fly, bus, or buy or use anything plastic, such as:
Solvents
Diesel fuel
Motor Oil
Bearing Grease

Ink
Floor Wax
Ballpoint Pens
Football Cleats

Upholstery
Sweaters
Boats
Insecticides

Bicycle Tires
Sports Car Bodies
Nail Polish
Fishing lures

Dresses
Tires
Golf Bags
Perfumes

Cassettes
Dishwasher parts
Tool Boxes
Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet
Caulking
Petroleum Jelly
Transparent Tape

CD Player
Faucet Washers
Antiseptics
Clothesline

Curtains
Food Preservatives
Basketballs
Soap

Vitamin Capsules
Antihistamines
Purses
Shoes

Dashboards
Cortisone
Deodorant
Footballs

Putty
Dyes
Panty Hose
Refrigerant

Percolators
Life Jackets
Rubbing Alcohol
Linings

Skis
TV Cabinets
Shag Rugs
Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks
Car Battery Cases
Epoxy
Paint

Mops
Slacks
Insect Repellent
Oil Filters

Umbrellas
Yarn
Fertilizers
Hair Coloring

Roofing
Toilet Seats
Fishing Rods
Lipstick

Denture Adhesive
Linoleum
Ice Cube Trays
Synthetic Rubber

Speakers
Plastic Wood
Electric Blankets
Glycerin

Tennis Rackets
Rubber Cement
Fishing Boots
Dice

Nylon Rope
Candles
Trash Bags
House Paint

Water Pipes
Hand Lotion
Roller Skates
Surf Boards

Shampoo
Wheels
Paint Rollers
Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings
Luggage
Aspirin
Safety Glasses

Antifreeze
Football Helmets
Awnings
Eyeglasses

Clothes
Toothbrushes
Ice Chests
Footballs

Combs
CD's & DVD's
Paint Brushes
Detergents

Vaporizers
Balloons
Sun Glasses
Tents

Heart Valves
Crayons
Parachutes
Telephones

Enamel
Pillows
Dishes
Cameras

Anesthetics
Artificial Turf
Artificial limbs
Bandages

Dentures
Model Cars
Folding Doors
Hair Curlers

Cold cream
Movie film
Soft Contact lenses
Drinking Cups

Fan Belts
Car Enamel
Shaving Cream
Ammonia

Refrigerators
Golf Balls
Toothpaste
Gasoline
http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products from Petroleum.htm

Now don't you feel a little foolish?

Last edited:

Ravi, if i punched you in the jaw would it break Obama's cock? I think it would.

Theoretical jobs in a dinosaur industry? So, to reiterate, the only people you care about are the ones that meet your approved conditions.... Hmmm there was a guy who thought like that once, what was his name.... Oh that's right FUCKING HITLER.
Okay, you've lost it, too. Come back when you are less hysterical.

I care about my state...you care about your "right" to guzzle gas.

Enjoy.

Ravi........get back to reality .....please. This dinosaur industry runs the entire world, and we will always need petroleum. There is nothing dinosaur about it. But, please feel free not to drive, fly, bus, or buy or use anything plastic, or:
Solvents
Diesel fuel
Motor Oil
Bearing Grease

Ink
Floor Wax
Ballpoint Pens
Football Cleats

Upholstery
Sweaters
Boats
Insecticides

Bicycle Tires
Sports Car Bodies
Nail Polish
Fishing lures

Dresses
Tires
Golf Bags
Perfumes

Cassettes
Dishwasher parts
Tool Boxes
Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet
Caulking
Petroleum Jelly
Transparent Tape

CD Player
Faucet Washers
Antiseptics
Clothesline

Curtains
Food Preservatives
Basketballs
Soap

Vitamin Capsules
Antihistamines
Purses
Shoes

Dashboards
Cortisone
Deodorant
Footballs

Putty
Dyes
Panty Hose
Refrigerant

Percolators
Life Jackets
Rubbing Alcohol
Linings

Skis
TV Cabinets
Shag Rugs
Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks
Car Battery Cases
Epoxy
Paint

Mops
Slacks
Insect Repellent
Oil Filters

Umbrellas
Yarn
Fertilizers
Hair Coloring

Roofing
Toilet Seats
Fishing Rods
Lipstick

Denture Adhesive
Linoleum
Ice Cube Trays
Synthetic Rubber

Speakers
Plastic Wood
Electric Blankets
Glycerin

Tennis Rackets
Rubber Cement
Fishing Boots
Dice

Nylon Rope
Candles
Trash Bags
House Paint

Water Pipes
Hand Lotion
Roller Skates
Surf Boards

Shampoo
Wheels
Paint Rollers
Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings
Luggage
Aspirin
Safety Glasses

Antifreeze
Football Helmets
Awnings
Eyeglasses

Clothes
Toothbrushes
Ice Chests
Footballs

Combs
CD's & DVD's
Paint Brushes
Detergents

Vaporizers
Balloons
Sun Glasses
Tents

Heart Valves
Crayons
Parachutes
Telephones

Enamel
Pillows
Dishes
Cameras

Anesthetics
Artificial Turf
Artificial limbs
Bandages

Dentures
Model Cars
Folding Doors
Hair Curlers

Cold cream
Movie film
Soft Contact lenses
Drinking Cups

Fan Belts
Car Enamel
Shaving Cream
Ammonia

Refrigerators
Golf Balls
Toothpaste
Gasoline
A partial list of products made from petroleum

Now don't you feel a little foolish?

I would have thought she would have hours ago.

No fail.

Shallow well drilling just doesn't yield as much oil anymore. It has nothing to do with environmentalists. I personally would like to smack your heads together for repeating this lie...but I realize you can't help yourselves because the talking points have been issued.
The EIA estimates "a vast majority" of projected increases in U.S. production in the near term will come from Gulf deepwater fields similar to the site of the Deepwater Horizon spill, which currently represent about 70 percent of all Gulf oil production. This share is expected to grow in the next few years. A 2009 U.S. Minerals Management Service (MMS) report forecasting production (PDF) in the Gulf of Mexico shows that as shallow-water production levels have fallen, deepwater production has taken up the slack.

The upward trend in deepwater Gulf projects is mirrored around the world as oil companies look for new sources of production amid higher oil prices and growing global demand. Many older wells are experiencing production decline and new finds are often more expensive to extract and harder to refine, which some environmental and energy experts say heralds the end to cheap and easy oil (McClatchy). Production from unconventional sources such as oil sands is on the rise, and deepwater drilling is considered one of the last frontiers in oil exploration. Oil investment analyst D. Barry McKennitt said the only reason anyone is willing to drill in deepwater with the depths, temperatures, and other significant technical challenges is that other opportunities are closed. "They don't do it just for exercise," he said.

For investors seeking a sweet spot in the oil patch, it is hard to beat the deep-water drilling companies. For the next couple of years, Diamond will benefit from rising rates and nearly full utilization. The company has retrofitted rigs coming into service at higher rates, and existing contracts are being renewed at higher rates. Supply in the industry is constricted by the $700 million price tag and three- to four-year lead times for a new rig, combined with conservative operators who have been burned in the past from adding capacity too quickly. If you are interested in investing in this sector, shares are quite volatile, meaning there should be multiple opportunities to pick up shares at a discount. The next time Diamond swoons, you might just see me in the trading pits adding to my position.

You have shown nothing, no one is saying they don't have the technology for deep well drilling. Our government has closed shallow water drilling to areas where there are proven reserves.

If it wasn't for petrol you idiots wouldn't have any asphalt roads to drive your hydrogen cars on, come to think of it, the car wouldn't have tires, could not contain any plastics, would be without most lubricants, saftey film over the windshield to protect your goatee from from the crash you get into when you drop your one-hitter, electronic parts so you can listen to your mp3's of last nights John "Stewart" Lebowitz show... on and on....

Okay, you've lost it, too. Come back when you are less hysterical.

I care about my state...you care about your "right" to guzzle gas.

Enjoy.

Well cookie, I hate to be the one who brings an adult fact to your childish life BUT I have as much of a "right" to burn gas as you do to root for 20,000 dinosaurs to lose their jobs so that you can fly around in your unicorn tear powered jet pack while millions of your fellow Americans starve to death because they can't even afford to drive to work, well they won't starve I'm sure Comrade Obama will use some of the money his planning on straight up jacking from oil companies to expand food stamps.

The question is why do you hate the working class and feel they should support the lazy ?

I tell you honestly this won't affect me too greatly, I can afford it, sure the Ferrari won't get out much, but it doesn't really anyway b/c it's hugely expensive to maintain but I could manage, but I'm fortunate, most don't have the resources I have , what about them? See you idiots claim that conservatives have no compassion and then you turn right around and show no compassion. Just unbelievable.

No fail.

You have shown nothing, no one is saying they don't have the technology for deep well drilling. Our government has closed shallow water drilling to areas where there are proven reserves.
Link?

No fail.

Not to mention land-locked ones that were capped under Jimah Catah during the Embargo of the 1970's...we still aren't allowed to exploit those...not to mention other areas in the Rockies that have shown promise...

Face it? WE were indeed driven offshore into precarious, almost impossible conditions...an accident happens...that is RARE...and it's NO Soup [OIL] For you America! Enjoy your unproven expensive alternatives. We'll leave it for others to dip their straws into...

Interesting fact. Did you know the US is only ranked 23rd in the world when it comes to oil consumption per capita.

Forum List

Back