So what I dont believe in God?

the more I think about it the more I ask what does it matter if I believe in God or not? I think most of the people that I debate religion with don't believe any of the hell stories and admit that being an atheist does not make you a bad person so if organized religions are all full of crap then it really doesn't matter if a person believes in God or not it's just an interesting philosophical question humans have always asked and I just happen to not believe that a God as people describe exist doesn't make me a bad person.

any hard feelings come from the religious side who are upset that people don't believe their stories
No, there is no hard feelings. We trust your sincerity ---- and do not or should not judge anyone including atheists.

But you say all these Christians reject the hell idea. Well I don’t see how a Christian could when it permeates Scriptures and (I maintain) evidence for the devil has manifested in many ways over time. Where is he to go?
I actually started a thread discussing whether or not Christians believe in hell half of them did half of them didn't. to the ones that don't believe I guess it doesn't matter but it's the ones that say non believers go to hell have taken the topic of believe in God and made it personal because their arguments were weak so they have to use guilt and fear to win the debate in my opinion

I would think all mortals have guilt and fear.
Anyway, most honorable Christians would not say if you don't believe you go to hell, so that is kind of non-starter for me. God allows us knowledge on only what is needed, the rest is not our domain.
Not all arguments are weak. Those that do not rely on scripture maybe the strongest.
I love talking about God. it was a 40 year early but I arrived at a conclusion and I am absolutely comfortable with it now I was never comfortable being religious. today even though I see a lot of good people are religious I don't believe religion is necessarily good for people.or it may be good for some people but I don't think it's good for us as a whole I think they use it to control us keep a stupid and deal with a s***** hand we're dealt but I do realize it makes a lot of people feel good so I'm torn on the issue but ultimately I think will be a better species if we're a more educated or scientific sleepy less religious maybe still spiritual. anyway no argument you make is definitive proof there is a God and no evidence or argument is without some fatal flaw.could there be a god a creator something that made everything sure but no proof no proof of that at all. then you gotta start asking yourself why is he hiding why don't we see it then you start getting into you how he's testing you if you be a good person and all these other explanation for how is not visible to us but yet we do C 1500 years ago two thousand years ago even the older stories men supposed to be interacting with this guy. people who believe in God must have got frustrated thousands of years ago and finally started making up stories about how they saw this god.we must have got frustrated having this argument we're having right now lol so they made it up

the more I think about it the more I ask what does it matter if I believe in God or not? I think most of the people that I debate religion with don't believe any of the hell stories and admit that being an atheist does not make you a bad person so if organized religions are all full of crap then it really doesn't matter if a person believes in God or not it's just an interesting philosophical question humans have always asked and I just happen to not believe that a God as people describe exist doesn't make me a bad person.

any hard feelings come from the religious side who are upset that people don't believe their stories
No, there is no hard feelings. We trust your sincerity ---- and do not or should not judge anyone including atheists.

But you say all these Christians reject the hell idea. Well I don’t see how a Christian could when it permeates Scriptures and (I maintain) evidence for the devil has manifested in many ways over time. Where is he to go?
I actually started a thread discussing whether or not Christians believe in hell half of them did half of them didn't. to the ones that don't believe I guess it doesn't matter but it's the ones that say non believers go to hell have taken the topic of believe in God and made it personal because their arguments were weak so they have to use guilt and fear to win the debate in my opinion

Anyway, most honorable Christians would not say if you don't believe you go to hell, so that is kind of non-starter for me. God allows us knowledge on only what is needed, the rest is not our domain.
Not all arguments are weak. Those that do not rely on scripture maybe the strongest.
I love talking about God. it was a 40 year early but I arrived at a conclusion and I am absolutely comfortable with it now I was never comfortable being religious. today even though I see a lot of good people are religious I don't believe religion is necessarily good for people.or it may be good for some people but I don't think it's good for us as a whole I think they use it to control us keep a stupid and deal with a s***** hand we're dealt but I do realize it makes a lot of people feel good so I'm torn on the issue but ultimately I think will be a better species if we're a more educated or scientific sleepy less religious maybe still spiritual. anyway no argument you make is definitive proof there is a God and no evidence or argument is without some fatal flaw.could there be a god a creator something that made everything sure but no proof no proof of that at all. then you gotta start asking yourself why is he hiding why don't we see it then you start getting into you how he's testing you if you be a good person and all these other explanation for how is not visible to us but yet we do C 1500 years ago two thousand years ago even the older stories men supposed to be interacting with this guy. people who believe in God must have got frustrated thousands of years ago and finally started making up stories about how they saw this god.we must have got frustrated having this argument we're having right now lol so they made it up

Well I can understand how some like you may look at it that way, but for others like me I think the evidence is there. Watching a wooden statue of Mary ooze blood from her eyes is pure and simple a supernatural manifestation. It’s happened a hundred times this century alone, how can anyone think these are all tricks? Outside of a few hoaxes, all those investigated have no natural explanations. Because it’s from God.

Of course my faith does not rely on a weeping statue, but it does marvel at all of the numerous miracles and visitations from heaven. You can say it’s not proof and I believe you --- but I am here to tell you it is all the proof I need. Jesus said to those about Him --- “If you will not put your faith in my words, put then in the works that I do.” As have I.

So I cannot account for the thoughts, wishes or meditations of others, I know many are sincere in their quests, still many others just lazy, or uninterested, or maybe fearful. You need to search as much as you try to discredit, don’t you think?

Well I can understand how some like you may look at it that way, but for others like me I think the evidence is there. Watching a wooden statue of Mary ooze blood from her eyes is pure and simple a supernatural manifestation. It’s happened a hundred times this century alone, how can anyone think these are all tricks? Outside of a few hoaxes, all those investigated have no natural explanations. Because it’s from God.

Of course my faith does not rely on a weeping statue, but it does marvel at all of the numerous miracles and visitations from heaven. You can say it’s not proof and I believe you --- but I am here to tell you it is all the proof I need. Jesus said to those about Him --- “If you will not put your faith in my words, put then in the works that I do.” As have I.

So I cannot account for the thoughts, wishes or meditations of others, I know many are sincere in their quests, still many others just lazy, or uninterested, or maybe fearful. You need to search as much as you try to discredit, don’t you think?
my not believing has come after decades of searching and thinking. and I don't believe in Christ statue why is it let God intervened in our lives and visited back to Moses Jesus Mohammed why did God visit back then and not now why are we the unlucky losers of the dice roll of time? Is that the best God can do show up in my pancakes or make a statue weep? anyways unless you believe one of the organized religions I don't think it matters whether you believe in God or not if you choose and prefer to you great if not what's the big deal?

Listening to "religious people" I think most of them don't believe either. Came up with a thought experiment inspired by Schrodinger's Cat back in college I'd love to do for real:

Hook people up to a polygraph. Tell them that if the machine registers deception to any of the questions the loaded .45 you hold to their head will be fired and they'll die.

Now ask if they believe in a literal sentient being "God." :)

My hypothesis is, faced with their death, most will answer truthfully with "no."

Listening to "religious people" I think most of them don't believe either. Came up with a thought experiment inspired by Schrodinger's Cat back in college I'd love to do for real:

Hook people up to a polygraph. Tell them that if the machine registers deception to any of the questions the loaded .45 you hold to their head will be fired and they'll die.

Now ask if they believe in a literal sentient being "God." :)

My hypothesis is, faced with their death, most will answer truthfully with "no."
what does the machine do you start giving answers like boss where God is time you're feeling and he truly believes that s***. because honestly these people cannot believe all this was created without God. or creator. the whole question of whether it intelligently designed us if we're special if he has a heaven for us those are all different questions but people really believe something must have created this even though they can't define or prove it.

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

But you know that's not what christianity says. So why call yourself one?

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
AmericanFirst says the bible says non believers go to hell. I want you theists to discuss this but you won't. Why?
heaven won't be nearly as much fun if whiners like you are there.....therefore, we are keeping it a secret.......

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
AmericanFirst says the bible says non believers go to hell. I want you theists to discuss this but you won't. Why?
heaven won't be nearly as much fun if whiners like you are there.....therefore, we are keeping it a secret.......
Why would you think that angry, self-hating zealots such as yourself will get that free pass for The 72 virgins?

I find you to be a very curious sort of fish, Sealy. What is this need of yours to have your beliefs validated by the community of faith? You and I have talked several times and I have given you validation (not that my word is so great as to be all sufficing or something) and I know other believers have as well. Yet, you seem to need more. What is going on inside you that you have such an overwhelming need for theists as a community to recognize your belief system? For, I have some bad news for you. You are not going to get it. There will always be people who tell you that you are wrong, you are an abomination, you are going to hell, etc. Why are you so fixated on their point of view? You think I don't get theists telling me the exact same thing? And I am a believer! :lol: Validity comes from within. Seek it there.

Forgive me for continuing to beat the horse and psychoanalyzing you in public, Sealy. I may be completely wrong but it seems like you are struggling with your current path a bit. Again, you post a lot demanding validation. It's like you bring up a point of discussion that seems innocuous, but behind it, I hear a lot of internal screaming from you that says 'respect me!', 'validate me!', 'give me justification!' I wonder why you would require such things if you were fulfilled with where you are.

So Christianity didn't work for you. Ok, no worries. Atheism apparently didn't either since you now describe yourself differently. But it seems like this isn't working too well for you either. Have you looked into other options that might provide a foundation from which to develop some form of spiritual identity that resonates more thoroughly with you? Something that has more application and contribution to your life and your personal philosophy?

Taoism might be something you might find value in. From what I know of you, which I admit isn't much, it would fit very well with how you look at the world. It's not overly spiritual in the sense that it identifies with a primary, omnipotent deity, but it's a brilliant philosophy about how to go about life. Further, it allows itself to be fused with other beliefs quite nicely and so the degree of spirituality involved can be adjusted by the individual. It's also very internalized, which I think would appeal to you. I don't know if you have studied it, but if not, give it a look. Can't hurt to go pick up a copy of the Tao Te Ching and see if there is something there that has meaning for you. Now if you do that, here's one thing I would suggest. I gave a copy of the Tao Te Ching to a friend of mine once and he gave it back the next day saying, "I read the whole thing last night. I got so much out of it". I thought to myself, "Pfft...I spent four months thinking about the implications and applications of chapter one, so either I am as stupid as a post, or this guy didn't get it".

Anyhow, just a suggestion made out of love, my brother. Like I said, I may be interpreting you totally incorrectly.

Last edited:

did you hear today I heard on NPR or one of those news stations that Saudi Arabia is going to throw an atheist in jail for 10 years and maybe like 10000 last year 2000 election you guys are sick and just let it go we don't kill you because you believe in God why do you throw ice in jail kill us and with us because we don't believe your guy those Saudia Arabia theists I just doing what you guys would love to be able to do that

Why would you think that angry, self-hating zealots such as yourself will get that free pass for The 72 virgins?
wrong religion cupcake......

did you hear today I heard on NPR or one of those news stations that Saudi Arabia is going to throw an atheist in jail for 10 years and maybe like 10000 last year 2000 election you guys are sick and just let it go we don't kill you because you believe in God why do you throw ice in jail kill us and with us because we don't believe your guy those Saudia Arabia theists I just doing what you guys would love to be able to do that
want to try that again in English?........

why is Islam so threatened by atheists talk? Reminds me of you Christians a couple few hundred years ago

why is Islam so threatened by atheists talk? Reminds me of you Christians a couple few hundred years ago
can't speak to either question......I'm not a Muslim and I'm not two hundred years old.......though personally I doubt anyone was threatened by atheists a couple hundred years ago.....most folks probably weren't aware you existed......

can't speak to either question......I'm not a Muslim and I'm not two hundred years old.......though personally I doubt anyone was threatened by atheists a couple hundred years ago.....most folks probably weren't aware you existed......
imagine Saudi Arabia putting an atheist in prison for 10 years and possibly giving him 1000 lashes. it's obscene I will give you credit you Christians aren't nearly as bad as those other religious people the Muslims your retarded cousins

imagine Saudi Arabia putting an atheist in prison for 10 years and possibly giving him 1000 lashes. it's obscene I will give you credit you Christians aren't nearly as bad as those other religious people the Muslims your retarded cousins
no great loss......its not like they imprisoned someone who would have been a benefit to all of society or something......

wrong religion cupcake......
Not at all. Your corrupted religion was perfected by a more recent religion. It says so in a holy text, therefore we know it's true.

You're free to believe in a corrupted ideology, but the gawds have no sense of humor when it comes to idolators and apostates.

no great loss......its not like they imprisoned someone who would have been a benefit to all of society or something......
but see that's where you're wrong I always knew you religious people didn't really like freedom of speech

This is exactly what is wrong with religion
do you see how you are willing to give up freedom of speech if it offends your God. see how it could all be made up but even today you religious people don't want to have a real open and honest discussion about it in fact what seems like a good person such as yourself its okay with a person going to prison for 10 years just for being anti religion you are pathetic

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?
Being atheist takes too much faith

Forum List

Back