Zone1 So, what do democrats want?

You said: Democrats want ALL citizens to vote, right?

Republicans want all ELIGIBLE citizens to vote, there's a big difference there don't you think? Are you aware that 46 of the 47 European countries require a photo-id?

AND:

Seventy-four percent of European countries entirely ban absentee voting for citizens who reside domestically. Another 6% limit it to those hospitalized or in the military, and they require third-party verification and a photo voter ID. Another 15% require a photo ID for absentee voting. Similarly, government-issued photo IDs are required to vote by 33 nations in the 37-member Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (which has considerable European overlap)...Despite the record of Europe and the vast majority of the rest of the developed world, congressional Democrats are pushing to remove identification requirements for voting.
They also don't allow you to have guns...

You suddenly like the way the Euros run their government?
The House recently passed the For the People Act of 2021, which replaces state voter ID rules with a signed statement from the voter, and makes permanent the pandemic’s mail-in ballot voting. The mailing out of blank absentee ballots en masse would become a fixture of American elections...Meanwhile, efforts in Republican states to require voter IDs for in-person voting and absentee ballots have triggered boycotts from Major League Baseball and other corporations. Georgia’s new absentee provisions raised a ruckus despite being much less restrictive than much of the rest of the world. Anyone who wants an absentee ballot can obtain one. A reason need not be given, such as being out of town, but one must have an ID to get an absentee ballot.

So, what's your answer to that?

After you've done that, now tell me your response to the OP discussion.
Voting by mail should be the norm. There should be a date when ballots need to be postmarked. That is election day. Election Certification day should be 10 days after that day/date--during which time; ballots will arrive; during that 10 days (weekends included) you can mail in your ballot (if it's late it's late--your vote doesn't count) or go vote in person.

Why in the world does anyone think standing in line for 2 hours during a government endorsed activity should be preferable to the mail in ballots? It's lunacy. Do you guys get happy when you wait at the DMV or the post office? I know I don't. Why is it you want to stand in line to cast a ballot?

Candy has been posting 1am to 5am...

Either a dyke coke whore or lives in israel...

Talking about the majority of them, not the ones that have already left the Democratic Party. What I think they really want is a very large gov't bureaucracy that administers a large social safety net, that the rich guys and big corps pay for. Throw in the freebies like universal healthcare, universal basic income, free education, free housing, free food, free energy, reparations, equal equity, etc. Not to mention spending trillions on climate change programs as if we're all gonna die in the next 10 years if we don't spend all that money. And apparently they think they can pay for all that by raising taxes on the wealthy and the big corps. Do you hear any democrats running for office on a platform to require everyone to pay a 25% consumption or VAT tax? Yeah, me neither.

Based on what I've seen, a lot of people are in it for the money, the politicians at least. The voters probably just want to win.

I reckon 95% of people have no idea what they want from politics.

You don't just "give" someone an ID. They have to provide some proof of who they are first. You can't even get a driver's license without a birth certificate and a Social Security number
Or a marriage license if your last name changed. Or a utility bill or credit card statement to prove residency.

Bullshit. A birth certificate maybe, SS# nope. I got my license at 16, and all I showed was my picture on my school card. At 15 and 1/2 I was able to drive in the 10th grade Driver's Ed, with a note from the teacher.
They changed the requirements several years ago.

Forum List

Back