Zone1 Emissions the Killer of Worlds

badbob85037

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2018
Does anyone remember the 70's? A brown cloud hung over every city we called smog. It burned your eyes, your lungs, and even your skin. Half of our water ways we were unable to swim or fish. We had acid rain that ate the paint off cars. Anybody with breathing problems had days they couldn't leave their homes. Everybody had an answer but few worked.

I have an old 1974 Chevy truck first sold in California. To name only a few of the emission systems it had Air Injection Reactor which included check valves, a pump, a hose running from each piston that pulled gases back into the intake. Transmission Controlled Spark System, this stopped vacuum advance in lower gears. Exhaust Gas Recirculation which also pulled exhaust back into the fuel before burn. Controlled Combustion that made the engine run hotter to burn more pollutants. Positive Crankcase Ventilation the only one that worked because before this there was a tube that ran to open air that allowed the engine to rid it's self of pressure in the crank case.

Every year since then new systems have been produced to reduce emission. Some worked, but most didn't but that didn't stop the government making them mandatory. Does anyone know an elected employee that does his own auto repair or even knows how to change a tire?

Everything I know about cars has been learned the hard way, if you couldn't fix it it didn't run. I know a smog pump uses more horse power than it prevents emission. I know who ever thought up the ERG system should be shot. You don't force exhaust into the intake system. You make sure it is burnt before it enters the exhaust system more power less emissions, end of story. In Arizona at emissions any car made in 1974 or before does not have the hood opened, something I remined them of every year. All but the PCV System I have removed from the truck and now have some of the lowest readings I have had with any other vehical, some are near zero. All the emission equipment in the world isn't going to work if it isn't tuned and runs like crap.

Now with trial and error along with 50 years we have made leaps and bounds in auto emissions along with reduced emissions from industrial factories. My eyes and lungs don't burn nor does my skin. The only ones preaching doom on emissions are ones who would make millions off it or idiots as Joe giving billions to who knows to cure a problem that has been solved. According to Algore we should have all died by now or grown gills. As long as we have crooks and idiots as Joe we will have a death cry on emissions. Here's a clue. We better start worrying about the mad man, Putin and Joe's war cries. A guy as Putin, who's time to live is short and a brainless idiot as Joe don't give a rat's ass about the Earth or human life. Both have proven that.

The generations after the "boomers" have no idea at all how polluted the country was back then....And how good they have it now.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.....The "greatest generation" was doing their level best to end us all.

I owned a 1965 Datsun Fair Lady in California ... the only pollution control required was a PCV value ... boy that thing spit out the crap ... the smog control stations had to let it go because the book said I was exempt ... woot ...

What's changed is electronic fuel injection, and this has expanded into several computer systems running just about everything on our cars ... including diagnostics ... mayb epublic transpotation is the better alternative ...

For me ... and between the VW Bus and the Cessna 150 ... just an on-board heater is a major luxury ... heaven is an AM/FM radio ...

I owned a 1965 Datsun Fair Lady in California ... the only pollution control required was a PCV value ... boy that thing spit out the crap ... the smog control stations had to let it go because the book said I was exempt ... woot ...

What's changed is electronic fuel injection, and this has expanded into several computer systems running just about everything on our cars ... including diagnostics ... mayb epublic transpotation is the better alternative ...

For me ... and between the VW Bus and the Cessna 150 ... just an on-board heater is a major luxury ... heaven is an AM/FM radio ...

Forum List

Back