Zone1 So, what do democrats want?

You don't just "give" someone an ID. They have to provide some proof of who they are first. You can't even get a driver's license without a birth certificate and a Social Security number
Bullshit. A birth certificate maybe, SS# nope. I got my license at 16, and all I showed was my picture on my school card. At 15 and 1/2 I was able to drive in the 10th grade Driver's Ed, with a note from the teacher.

What Democratic people want is for republic ones to use better grammar.

"republic ones"

Better grammar, indeed. Grammar fetishists tend to write and speak the most mistakes. If you intend to correct some other person's written words, then do take the time to proofread and amend your own.

"republic ones"

Better grammar, indeed. Grammar fetishists tend to write and speak the most mistakes. If you intend to correct some other person's written words, then do take the time to proofread and amend your own.
Which error did I make?

You never heard of the republic party?

Question: "So, what do democrats want?"!

Answer: Democracy!: All citizens able to vote, and to vote in person, by the mail or by their ballot sealed with a relative or friend.

That anyone who commits election fraud loses their citizenship and their right to vote, hold elective office or any civil service job - federal, state or local office of trust.
We don’t live in a true democracy, so you would need to change the Constitution.

I usually see calls for increased social spending coupled with calls for decreased military spending.

I'm pretty sure Biden and the democrats in Congress are spending more money on defense in 2023 they did in 2022, and that was more than they spent in 2021, and that was more than Trump spend in 2020. They didn't decrease military spending.

Is it not true that the democrats resort to gimmicks to justify their overspending, like crafting a bill that raises taxes for 10 years but only gives benefits for 3 years to make it look like it's being paid for? Knowing full well that in 3 years the benefits will be extended. And they always use the most optimistic estimates for the new revenue that never reaches their estimate, which means it always costs more than we were told and wasn't really paid for. They never factor in the dynamic changes in human behavior that result from their tax hikes; IOW, there are consequences when you raise taxes, it's not a simple linear equation. Does anyone know of any spending program that came in under budget? Does anyone know of a tax hike that actually resulted in the expected extra revenue. Oh, I'm sure revenue went up, but not as much as we were told and not enough to pay for the addition spending.

How do you justify more spending that is not necessary at a time when inflation is rampant, and we are facing what many are saying will be an economic recession? And some say we're already in a recession by traditional measures: 2 consecutive qtrs of negative growth. How can you raise taxes as the democrats did with their inappropriately named Inflation Reduction Act that won't reduce inflation by one single scintilla? Was that spending bill really necessary? Fuck no.

I look at all this and I'm thinking what the democrats want is a huge federal bureaucracy that keeps the democrats in control. They don't seem to care about the costs now or the future repercussions down the road. Some can point fingers at the GOP, but that does not excuse their own mismanagement and leadership. At least the Repubs are not spending nearly much as the democrats are or wanted to. Remember Biden's BBB legislation? By some estimates it would've cost over $5 trillion dollars, where do you think inflation would be if the democrats had their way? And but for Manchin and Sinema it would have been much, much worse. Every single time the Congress works on a spending bill it is ALWAYS the democrats who want to spend more, way more. ALWAYS.

Am I wrong here? Show me where.

I'm pretty sure Biden and the democrats in Congress are spending more money on defense in 2023 they did in 2022, and that was more than they spent in 2021, and that was more than Trump spend in 2020. They didn't decrease military spending.

Is it not true that the democrats resort to gimmicks to justify their overspending, like crafting a bill that raises taxes for 10 years but only gives benefits for 3 years to make it look like it's being paid for? Knowing full well that in 3 years the benefits will be extended. And they always use the most optimistic estimates for the new revenue that never reaches their estimate, which means it always costs more than we were told and wasn't really paid for. They never factor in the dynamic changes in human behavior that result from their tax hikes; IOW, there are consequences when you raise taxes, it's not a simple linear equation. Does anyone know of any spending program that came in under budget? Does anyone know of a tax hike that actually resulted in the expected extra revenue. Oh, I'm sure revenue went up, but not as much as we were told and not enough to pay for the addition spending.

How do you justify more spending that is not necessary at a time when inflation is rampant, and we are facing what many are saying will be an economic recession? And some say we're already in a recession by traditional measures: 2 consecutive qtrs of negative growth. How can you raise taxes as the democrats did with their inappropriately named Inflation Reduction Act that won't reduce inflation by one single scintilla? Was that spending bill really necessary? Fuck no.

I look at all this and I'm thinking what the democrats want is a huge federal bureaucracy that keeps the democrats in control. They don't seem to care about the costs now or the future repercussions down the road. Some can point fingers at the GOP, but that does not excuse their own mismanagement and leadership. At least the Repubs are not spending nearly much as the democrats are or wanted to. Remember Biden's BBB legislation? By some estimates it would've cost over $5 trillion dollars, where do you think inflation would be if the democrats had their way? And but for Manchin and Sinema it would have been much, much worse. Every single time the Congress works on a spending bill it is ALWAYS the democrats who want to spend more, way more. ALWAYS.

Am I wrong here? Show me where.

The defense budget from defense.gov's website is showing that you're correct. Doesn't look like Biden's going to be nominated for that Nobel Peace Prize anytime soon.

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Por...Y2023/FY2023_Budget_Request_Overview_Book.pdf

defense budget.jpg

Talking about the majority of them, not the ones that have already left the Democratic Party. What I think they really want is a very large gov't bureaucracy that administers a large social safety net, that the rich guys and big corps pay for. Throw in the freebies like universal healthcare, universal basic income, free education, free housing, free food, free energy, reparations, equal equity, etc. Not to mention spending trillions on climate change programs as if we're all gonna die in the next 10 years if we don't spend all that money. And apparently they think they can pay for all that by raising taxes on the wealthy and the big corps. Do you hear any democrats running for office on a platform to require everyone to pay a 25% consumption or VAT tax? Yeah, me neither.
All I hear from Democrats is the same old political gamesmahship of DC being played. Nothing about rising inflation, fuel prices, our collapsing border, etc. They are more concerned with going after Trump and, there's a reason for that.....Because if Trump got re-elected, all their manipulation of the American economy would cease and they will be outed for the charlatans they really are.

Sure, all of that's true but I was referring to the progressive wing of the party. The Bidens in the party love to throw money at the military and fight progressives tooth and nail for anything for actual Americans in need.
Is it not true that the democrats resort to gimmicks to justify their overspending, like crafting a bill that raises taxes for 10 years but only gives benefits for 3 years to make it look like it's being paid for? Knowing full well that in 3 years the benefits will be extended. And they always use the most optimistic estimates for the new revenue that never reaches their estimate, which means it always costs more than we were told and wasn't really paid for.
Do you have a specific example you'd like to discuss? Is this any different than Republicans touting how tax cuts for the rich will pay for themselves?
They never factor in the dynamic changes in human behavior that result from their tax hikes; IOW, there are consequences when you raise taxes, it's not a simple linear equation. Does anyone know of any spending program that came in under budget? Does anyone know of a tax hike that actually resulted in the expected extra revenue. Oh, I'm sure revenue went up, but not as much as we were told and not enough to pay for the addition spending.

Depends on what taxes you're raising. First of all, Obama made Bush's tax cuts permanent and Biden has kept Trumps tax cuts in place. What this law just raised was a 1% tax on corporate stock buy backs and a 15% minimum tax rate on corporations with over a billion dollars in annual revenue. That was much needed. One of the causes of inflation is this concentration of wealth at the top pouring money, not into paying workers a living wage, or securing retirement benefits for their aging employees, but in gambling in the stock market and real-estate hustles. You couple that with increased effects from global warming and a global pandemic that disrupts supply chains and you have yourself a recipe for inflation. And while workers can't afford rent or food Wallstreet Bros are buying NFTs of digital monkeys for millions of dollars because our entire economy is now one giant hustle. But sure, complain about a 1% tax on corporate stock buy backs. That's the real problem.

a 15% minimum tax rate on corporations with over a billion dollars in annual revenue. That was much needed.

The recently passed Inflation Reduction Act will boost business taxes by $315 billion over the next decade by imposing a 15% “corporate minimum tax.” Piling new costs on companies, in this case higher taxes, is not a recipe for bringing down the cost of goods and services, at least not on planet Earth.

You do understand who ultimately pays for higher taxes on corporations, right? Primarily employees and customers. Prices go up and that is called inflation.

One of the causes of inflation is this concentration of wealth at the top pouring money, not into paying workers a living wage, or securing retirement benefits for their aging employees, but in gambling in the stock market and real-estate hustles. You couple that with increased effects from global warming and a global pandemic that disrupts supply chains and you have yourself a recipe for inflation.

If that is your opinion then you are entitled to believe that. However, there is no actual data to support any of what you declared. IOW, I disagree. We've had high concentrations of wealth at the top for decades with no influence on inflation at all. Not until the Democratic Party went apeshit crazy and started spending trillions that we don't have and would've spent more if Manchin and Sinema had let them. Again, do you realize what happens when you raise the minimum wage or increase retirement benefits? The costs get passed onto the employees and customers if possible, otherwise the company relocates to a cheaper locale or they go out of business. Are you aware of the recent bill in California that raises the M-Wage to $22/hr for fast food places? Basically 2 things are gonna happen: either it's going to cost you $10 effin' dollars for a Big Mac or a whole bunch of franchises are going to close up and those jobs go bye-bye. It's totally inflationary, how is that not obvious?

You wanna explain how global warming has jack-shit to do with inflation? That's utter nonsense, GW had nothing to do with our supply chain problems. At all.

Now lets talk about that wonderful 1% tax on stock buybacks.

When a business earns a profit, it either can put that money back into the company or it can put it back in the hands of its shareholders and the owners of 401(k)s. The most common way for companies to return profits to investors is by paying a flat per-share dividend. Once companies start issuing dividends or add to their dividend amount, though, shareholders typically expect that to become a recurring payment. Alternatively, companies may return profits to shareholders by buying back stock from those who are interested in selling shares at the set buyback price. NOTE: shareholders are not forced to sell.

Unlike dividends, stock buybacks are viewed as one-off events. Therefore, stock buybacks are a good way for companies to return profits to investors while maintaining the flexibility to plan future reinvestments in the company. The new tax on stock buybacks would discourage those businesses from returning profits to investors, who in turn could reinvest in the companies that could best use the funds in the short term.

In practice, taxing stock buybacks especially would hurt the smaller, rapidly growing businesses that are most reliant on new funding. Such companies are responsible for a great deal of American innovation, and a stock buyback tax would hold them back. At the same time, a stock buyback tax would help trap capital funding in large, established, less dynamic companies.

As economist Tyler Cowen points out: “Are you worried about corporations being too big and monopolistic? This makes it harder for them to shrink! Think of it also as a tax on the reallocation of capital to new and growing endeavors.”

Talking about the majority of them, not the ones that have already left the Democratic Party. What I think they really want is a very large gov't bureaucracy that administers a large social safety net, that the rich guys and big corps pay for. Throw in the freebies like universal healthcare, universal basic income, free education, free housing, free food, free energy, reparations, equal equity, etc. Not to mention spending trillions on climate change programs as if we're all gonna die in the next 10 years if we don't spend all that money. And apparently they think they can pay for all that by raising taxes on the wealthy and the big corps. Do you hear any democrats running for office on a platform to require everyone to pay a 25% consumption or VAT tax? Yeah, me neither.
They want the opposition silenced

Based upon my observations here, what Denocrats want more than anything else is to be just like other democrats.

Forum List

Back