So they all lied about Gingrich slagging Reagan what scumbuckets they've been caught

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Liars liars, pants on fire. How disgusting of the establishment. Take him out over his affairs or sitting on a couch with Pelosi. Take him out any which way you want on policy and truth.

But when you lie, lord that's the moment that down the road I hope you died as a child instead of living to be the slime ball inside the beltway bastards you are.

Video Of Newt Bashing Reagan Is Bogus

There's a short excerpt of a 1988 C-SPAN video purportedly showing Newt Gingrich bashing Reagan when talking about how Bush, Sr. should run. As I suspected, it's edited to give a false impression. What you don't see is immediately after when Gingrich praises Reaganism and the Reagan platform. If you can't watch it all, it begins at about 2:30 in to confirm it's the same segment. It's the minute or two afterward you also need to hear to understand that Newt wasn't bashing Reagan at all.

He was merely saying, Bush isn't Reagan and the GOP needs something new to sell. He even points out the Reagan landslide, saying Reagan's platform won 48, or whatever states and was inclusive.

The full C-SPAN video, also embedded below.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carniv...-is-bogus.html

Then there is the real deal in the American Spectator as well. By Jeffrey Lord.

• "Let me be clear: I have the greatest respect for President Reagan.

I think he personally understands the threat of communism." Gingrich then goes on -- at Newtonian length -- praising Reagan for Reagan's understanding of Lenin, Reagan's understanding of the real "purposes of a Soviet dictatorship" and much more. He lists and applauds Reagan repeatedly for the President's appreciation of "the threat in a more powerful Soviet empire" and the threats posed by Communist Cuba and Nicaragua. He ranks Reagan with the great cold war presidents in protecting freedom.

In short, time after time after, Newt Gingrich -- true to form -- is there on the floor of the House relentlessly praising and crediting Ronald Reagan. Is it any wonder that years later Nancy Reagan would speak so publicly and warmly about "Ronnie" passing the conservative torch to Newt? Is there any wonder that Michael Reagan has stepped into the middle of this current brawl to endorse Newt?

• Abrams quotes Newt for saying in this speech that Reagan's policies towards the Soviets are "inadequate and will ultimately fail." This is shameful. Why? Here's what Newt said -- in full and in context:

"The fact is that George Will, Charles Krauthammer, Irving Kristol, and Jeane Kirkpatrick are right in pointing out the enormous gap between President Reagan's strong rhetoric, which is adequate, and his administration's weak policies, which are inadequate and will ultimately fail."

The American Spectator : The Spectacle Blog

Forum List

Back