Newt the moon.......

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Newt Gingrich says that if he's elected president, by the time he ends his SECOND term, we will have a colony on the moon with enough people to make it a state.

Two questions...........think that if Newt is elected, he'd even get a second term?

And second.............how would the US pay for it if Newt lowers taxes?

And, wouldn't it make more sense to colonize Mars? Less resources would be required to make a viable colony there.

Newt Gingrich says that if he's elected president, by the time he ends his SECOND term, we will have a colony on the moon with enough people to make it a state.

Two questions...........think that if Newt is elected, he'd even get a second term?

Newt gingrich will let the federal reserve finance it by printing more money.
Newt Gingrich will also turn US into a police state, he’ll also open for free immigration from Mexico.

Good luck with NG.

Newt gingrich will let the federal reserve finance it by printing more money.
Newt Gingrich will also turn US into a police state, he’ll also open for free immigration from Mexico.

Good luck with NG.

I have nothing but contempt for Newt, but this hair brained idea is something that you talk about AFTER you make it into office, not before.

Besides.........saying he's going to have 2 terms is the height of hubris, he doesn't even have ANY right now.

Admit it:
You'd be first on line to go!

Admit it:

Actually, if there were a working base on the moon and I had a chance to go? I'd jump at it, because all my life I've been interested in space and travel, why else do you think I spent 20 years in the Navy?

But...........like I said.........I don't think it's feasible with the tax policies he's been touting.

He is talking out of his ass again. There is no way it will ever happen. Mitt was right last night when he said that Newt promises some grand scheme in every state he goes to. It's just pandering and it's something he can't deliver on.

Is anybody sure that Newt isn't just pulling our collective leg with this whole "running for President" thing?
I mean, maybe he goes home at night, goes into a bathroom, locks the door, and cackles away at what fools we are for thinking he really wants to be President.
I'm just saying, it could all be joke.

:laugh2:

Admit it:

Actually, if there were a working base on the moon and I had a chance to go? I'd jump at it, because all my life I've been interested in space and travel, why else do you think I spent 20 years in the Navy?

But...........like I said.........I don't think it's feasible with the tax policies he's been touting.

I knew it!

He is talking out of his ass again. There is no way it will ever happen. Mitt was right last night when he said that Newt promises some grand scheme in every state he goes to. It's just pandering and it's something he can't deliver on.

So..........we're going to have a panderer in chief?

A moon base makes zero sense with our current booster technology, it would cost 10 billion dollars a ton or more to send anything there.

Last edited:

Ha.Ha.--this is one of Newt's infamous--open mouth insert foot. He could have easily stated once we get this economy moving and the budget balanced--THEN we may look at giving more to NASA for certain projects.

But heck no-he get's a little ahead in the polls and implodes on a very DUMB comment such as this. Now granted all politicians "PANDER" to the crowd their in front of--BUT Newt should know by now--that every single word he says is going to be disected--reviewed--and released to the public. The establishment is out there watching everything he says and does--and they have most certainly circled their wagons around Mitt Romney.

Last edited:

According to Newt he would get or ask private companies to do the funding, and according to Romney he would say to newt "you're fired" (from last nights debates)

Forum List

Back