Tom Renz: Party Over Principles? What is Happening with Levin and Gingrich?

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
Newt Gingrich is uusually on the right side....but not on this issue....even though the democrats enabled the removal of the house speaker...it was a good thing.

I had hoped Trump would become the new speaker but he probably has good reasons to step aside and support Jordan.

Matt Gaetz and the other seven Republicans that had the courage to what no one else would do by standing on principle.'
'

I'm of the opinion that McCarthy being shown the door will, in the end, make the House gop even stronger.....Better farther away from '24 than closer.....It could even strengthen the chances for the gop to hold the House.

Everybody knew McCarthy was a piss poor choice from the get-go and if the dems could play the useful idiots to get shed of him then it was a good thing....Above all it helps keep The Turtle's influence at bay and Ukeland funding tied firmly to border security.

Newt Gingrich is uusually on the right side....but not on this issue....even though the democrats enabled the removal of the house speaker...it was a good thing.

I had hoped Trump would become the new speaker but he probably has good reasons to step aside and support Jordan.

Matt Gaetz and the other seven Republicans that had the courage to what no one else would do by standing on principle.'
'
The removal of McCarthy just paves the way for another Rino to become house speaker. This action solved nothing.

gaetzfgdjhdjdjj.jpg

I'm of the opinion that McCarthy being shown the door will, in the end, make the House gop even stronger.....Better farther away from '24 than closer.....It could even strengthen the chances for the gop to hold the House.

Everybody knew McCarthy was a piss poor choice from the get-go and if the dems could play the useful idiots to get shed of him then it was a good thing....Above all it helps keep The Turtle's influence at bay and Ukeland funding tied firmly to border security.

Reminds me of an optimate person that ended up falling out a window of an 8 store building. On the way down, he is heard as he passes each floor "So far so good".

The removal of McCarthy just paves the way for another Rino to become house speaker. This action solved nothing.

I don't know, the top runners are Jordan and Scalise, TRUMP has supported both with glowing praise, yet TRUMP is said to be endorsing Jordan. TRUMP never came out and directly condemned Gaetz, nor did he give support for McCarthy to remain Speaker.
Jordan is definitely a step up from McCarthy and far less entrenched with the republican uni-party than Scalise.

Dems are playing a game of chicken over a government shutdown. McCarthy caved because he has no spine hence he got fired from the job.

'
conspiracy thread

McCarthy went along with democrats so why would they want him gone? Seems more like Gaetz played the democrats to accomplish his goal of removing McCarthy. Unless the goal for democrats was to give TRUMP an opening to gain more control over the GOP/RNC by playing Kingmaker on picking the 3rd most powerful person in government.

I'm hearing it's a done deal with Jordan.....Trump playing Kingmaker AND looking very Presidential.

Dems done up and Rick-Rolled themselves. :laughing0301:

I'm hearing it's a done deal with Jordan.....Trump playing Kingmaker AND looking very Presidential.

Dems done up and Rick-Rolled themselves. :laughing0301:

Hopefully TRUMP can teach republicans how to vote as a block.
How the game is played now is rinos depended on MAGA to not make small compromises on legislation which gives the rinos opportunity to work with democrats and give into large compromises and place the blame on MAGA. When rinos are no longer useful to democrats they will be forced to pick a side.
House rinos should be paying attention to how easily TRUMP took down DeSantis and how quickly the establishment cast him aside.

Forum List

Back