So how many of you are cool with adding $353 billion to the deficit?

Wrong again, my premium remained the same while the coverage dropped and deductible and out of pocket rose.

I don't know or particularly what the details of your particular situation are. The fact remains that the premium for a given set of benefits goes down as actuarial value falls (i.e., as your cost-sharing goes up).

And a consumer in a higher deductible plan is going to be more price sensitive when it comes to actually shopping for medical services. Which is why they're always the cornerstone of any reform proposal that purports to be conservative.

You, on the other hand, are talking like a single-payer convert.

I am talking like someone that had a Cadillac plan the was part of my compensation package and thanks to the Democrats and Obama they decided to punish working Americans. He is a piece of shit as are the people that support this fucked up legislation.

CEO's [sic.] don't pass tax laws...

No, they hire lobbyists to lobby legislators to change the laws in their favor so they can send jobs overseas.

Okay, so you can't list the CEOs (N.B.: Not possessive case, ergo no apostrophe), but I'm *sure* you can list the *Democratic legislators* responsible for giving corporations *carte blanche* to send American jobs to India and China, right?

I think you need to show all of us that CEO's and not tax laws and costs to business here are ridiculous. Please show our tax rates versus other industrialized countries, please show our environmental taxes versus other countries, show us the cost of labor due to unionized labor laws in liberal states and also the total cost of government labor due to public unions.

Its pretty simple really. Other countries invest in their own. We pay very high taxes but it goes to the military. Amazingly, even though our military is larger than the next 13 country's combined, R candidates want to spend more.

Unions don't cost much of anything. If you believe differently, post proof.

Continental and Goodyear both are shutting down union plants due to cost yet their non union plants are remaining open, it is not rocket science. Kentucky is losing union plant after union plant while right work states like Alabama are thriving.

@ Stephanie
? You told us you get state funded medicaid and you have to be 65 for Medicare and you said you are only 60 unless you are on SSI welfare, which is more true then not. You gob'ment cheese eater you

Wait, what? She's getting her "free money" (translation to AdultSpeak: She's below the poverty level and getting supplementation) and she's WAAAAAAHING because more Americans have access? I.e., "I got mine and fuck everyone else!"

Huh.

Yep. She's been on the dole for at least as long as I've been posting here. She gets Medicaid (which she has said she doesn't understand but knows us taxpayers are footing the bill), food stamps and has said she gets "government cheese". I remember something about her collecting SSI on someone elses account but don't remember the particulars. When she drinks, she types, if you get my drift.

About the OP - Obama cut the deficit by 3/4s and ObamaCare has cut and will continue to cut health care costs so, of course, the RWs hate it.

The Republicans who say that, if elected, they will repeal ObamaCare are lying.

It hasn't cut anyones costs that already had it, as a matter of fact we have all seen the largest increases in our lifetimes, for me more than the last 10 years combined. Democrats are lying peices of shit as everything that was stated has been a damn lie.

I am talking like someone that had a Cadillac plan the was part of my compensation package and thanks to the Democrats and Obama they decided to punish working Americans.

You locked up a significant chunk of your compensation in a bloated Cadillac plan instead of wages and you're complaining about lack of disposable income?

I am talking like someone that had a Cadillac plan the was part of my compensation package and thanks to the Democrats and Obama they decided to punish working Americans.

You locked up a significant chunk of your compensation in a bloated Cadillac plan instead of wages and you're complaining about lack of disposable income?

I still get the wages just not the insurance. It is total bullshit, like I said I hope every elected politician that voted for ACA dies from a painful lingering disease as they have destroyed my family's retirement future.

I still get the wages just not the insurance.

We'll, no, you never got those wages. That's my point. The portion of your compensation made up of health benefits represents wages you don't earn because they've been substituted for those benefits. If we're truly talking about a family Cadillac plan, that's easily in excess of $20,000 of value each year--that is, $20,000+ in forgone additional wages every year.

Unless you're actually consuming double digit thousands of dollars of health services every year, that's not a good deal. Particularly if you're worried about disposable income.

You never even looked up FDR and the NRA legisltation that destroyed competition making the monopolies we have today.

Why should I do your research for you?

its not mine, its yours, I am aware of history, it is pretty clear you aren't

You made a statement. It's incumbent upon you to back it with facts. This is how it works in the RW. The more you stall, the more obvious it is that you're not sure of your facts. Keep doing it.

You never even looked up FDR and the NRA legisltation that destroyed competition making the monopolies we have today.

Why should I do your research for you?

its not mine, its yours, I am aware of history, it is pretty clear you aren't

You made a statement. It's incumbent upon you to back it with facts. This is how it works in the RW. The more you stall, the more obvious it is that you're not sure of your facts. Keep doing it.

Look who's talking you cited CEO's for setting tax rates....LMAO you are the gift that keeps giving

I still get the wages just not the insurance.

We'll, no, you never got those wages. That's my point. The portion of your compensation made up of health benefits represents wages you don't earn because they've been substituted for those benefits. If we're truly talking about a family Cadillac plan, that's easily in excess of $20,000 of value each year--that is, $20,000+ in forgone additional wages every year.

Unless you're actually consuming double digit thousands of dollars of health services every year, that's not a good deal. Particularly if you're worried about disposable income.

I have an upper 10% career for where I live, low cost of living, and a good retirment plan. My premiums for the employer sponsored plan were only $250/month but they covered everything. Now they are about $300 and cover nothing.

I have an upper 10% career for where I live, low cost of living, and a good retirment plan. My premiums for the employer sponsored plan were only $250/month but they covered everything. Now they are about $300 and cover nothing.

This is what "destroyed" your family's retirement? That premium contribution is 25% below the national average for employer-sponsored coverage.

This is what "destroyed" your family's retirement? That premium contribution is 25% below the national average for employer-sponsored coverage.

He probably blames Obama for his toenail fungus, too...

you cited CEO's for setting tax rates....

Nope. Nothing of the sort.

So you still can't show how FDR started the trend in outsourcing? Why am I not surprised?

Never stated he did, You have the reading level of a second grader. Outsourcing was your position not mine. Until you do some reading this discussion is above your head as it is obvious you were sleeping in history class

He probably blames Obama for his toenail fungus, too...

I blame Obama for not upping the funds to get retards like yourself off the street. You have to the dumbest SOB I have ever encountered on a message board when it comes to industrial history

My position has not changed.

Certainly true. You stated your opinion. You have no facts to support it. If you did, you'd have presented them several posts sooner. Instead, you resort to insults, the refuge of someone who can't support his opinion.

Do it again.

My position has not changed.

Certainly true. You stated your opinion. You have no facts to support it. If you did, you'd have presented them several posts sooner. Instead, you resort to insults, the refuge of someone who can't support his opinion.

Do it again.

I provided plenty of evidence, you admitted you were too lazy to educate yourself....end of story.

Forum List

Back