How did this statement..."I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” raise the cost of 2 billion tires..

Biden said and these are his exact words:
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Yes he did. Not one person is questioning that he said that.

Lowest price 04/2020 $1.938 per gallon
highest price: 06/2022 $5.032 per gallon

So, you want to go back into the heart of the pandemic and close everything down again to have cheap gas prices? Really? Seems a bit extreme to me. I am paying less than 3 bucks a gallon which I will never whine about.

Interestingly enough, Apr 2020 was the same month that Trump threatened OPEC into slashing oil production.

df

Do you think that OPEC doing so has had any impact on the price of oil?

Yes he did. Not one person is questioning that he said that.

So, you want to go back into the heart of the pandemic and close everything down again to have cheap gas prices? Really? Seems a bit extreme to me. I am paying less than 3 bucks a gallon which I will never whine about.

Interestingly enough, Apr 2020 was the same month that Trump threatened OPEC into slashing oil production.

df

Do you think that OPEC doing so has had any impact on the price of oil?
FACTS:
OPEC at the most 11% of gross imports of 8.47 million a day or just 931,700 barrels a day from OPEC

So you think that 931,700 barrels a day would be missed if OPEC exports were be missed by the USA if the USA stopped exporting 40,000 barrels to OPEC, 130,000 to Columbia and 1,160,000 barrels to Mexico of OPEC's imported barrels to the USA?

SourceofUSoil031623.png

ACTS:
OPEC at the most 11% of gross imports of 8.47 million a day or just 931,700 barrels a day from OPEC
So you think that 931,700 barrels a day would be missed if OPEC exports were be missed by the USA if the USA stopped exporting 40,000 barrels to OPEC, 130,000 to Columbia and 1,160,000 barrels to Mexico of OPEC's imported barrels to the USA?

One more time....oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?

One more time....oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?
AND? Again I know your attention span is less than 8.5 seconds but explain to me what the purpose of saying "oil is a global commodity"?
It goes without saying that is true. AND???
But you conflated your statements as usual!
First you asked: "One more time....oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?"
When did you ask several more times..."oil is a global commodity"? This was the first time! Geez you can't count or let alone make any sense!

So then you ask this "Do you think that OPEC doing so has had any impact on the price of oil?
Answering you for the first time you asked "...oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?"
Yes oil is a global commodity.
And YES OPEC "HAD" that is past tense because as I've proven to you with this chart:
OPEC only provides 11% of oil imported by USA compared to Canada at 51% so which would have an impact on price of oil to the USA?

SourceofUSoil031623.png

AND? Again I know your attention span is less than 8.5 seconds but explain to me what the purpose of saying "oil is a global commodity"?
It goes without saying that is true. AND???
But you conflated your statements as usual!
First you asked: "One more time....oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?"
When did you ask several more times..."oil is a global commodity"? This was the first time! Geez you can't count or let alone make any sense!

So then you ask this "Do you think that OPEC doing so has had any impact on the price of oil?
Answering you for the first time you asked "...oil is a global commodity. Why is this so damn confusing for you?"
Yes oil is a global commodity.
And YES OPEC "HAD" that is past tense because as I've proven to you with this chart:
OPEC only provides 11% of oil imported by USA compared to Canada at 51% so which would have an impact on price of oil to the USA?

It does not matter how much of our imported oil they produce, what matters is the total amount they produce.

All oil is sold on a global market place. What we produce, what Canada produces, what the rest of the world produces is all sold on the same market place. When oil is bought to turn into tires or gasoline or diesel it is bought from that market place. The only factor that drives the price is how much demand to how much supply.

Even if the US did not import any oil, we would still be paying the same price for the oil.

That you cannot grasp this fact shows you have no clue what you are speaking of, which is why you never give your own views, you just post the words of other people

It does not matter how much of our imported oil they produce, what matters is the total amount they produce.

All oil is sold on a global market place. What we produce, what Canada produces, what the rest of the world produces is all sold on the same market place. When oil is bought to turn into tires or gasoline or diesel it is bought from that market place. The only factor that drives the price is how much demand to how much supply.

Even if the US did not import any oil, we would still be paying the same price for the oil.

That you cannot grasp this fact shows you have no clue what you are speaking of, which is why you never give your own views, you just post the words of other people
A) Who are you to make such dumb ass comments, especially with NO facts to back it up!

B) These "experts" don't agree with your totally unsupported, personal, SUBJECTIVE and obviously UNINFORMED opinion!
C) The reality is there are different oil quality, quantities AND definitely PRICES!
D) NOTE PAGE 2!!! "Global and US oil price benchmarks!!!
oilpricesnotequal.png

A) Who are you to make such dumb ass comments, especially with NO facts to back it up!

B) These "experts" don't agree with your totally unsupported, personal, SUBJECTIVE and obviously UNINFORMED opinion!
C) The reality is there are different oil quality, quantities AND definitely PRICES!
D) NOTE PAGE 2!!! "Global and US oil price benchmarks!!!
View attachment 766398

Then you prove you still do not know what you are talking about. Yes, the type of oil matters, the location it was taken out of the ground does not.

Then you prove you still do not know what you are talking about. Yes, the type of oil matters, the location it was taken out of the ground does not.
You really continue to make totally unsubstantiated comments. YOU got to be kidding about the "type" of ground or you are truly ignorant.
FACT:
Offshore oil and natural gas production is much more expensive than onshore (land-based) production. Offshore oil and natural gas wells are drilled from platforms that hold all of the drilling equipment, storage areas, and housing for work crews.

You really continue to make totally unsubstantiated comments. YOU got to be kidding about the "type" of ground or you are truly ignorant.
FACT:
Offshore oil and natural gas production is much more expensive than onshore (land-based) production. Offshore oil and natural gas wells are drilled from platforms that hold all of the drilling equipment, storage areas, and housing for work crews.

And? When I look at the global oil market, I do not see "off shore oil" or" onshore oil" for sale. All there is is the type of oil

It's their total production that affects global oil prices not how much of their oil we buy.
Which proves what stupid idiot evidently YOU and Biden are regarding oil prices!
You evidently weren't alive as I was and trying to find work in 1973 when
"The 1973 oil crisis or first oil crisis began in October 1973 when the members of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC), led by King Faisal of Saudi Arabia."
So YES when I was trying to find work and in 1976 unemployment was 7.8% and
an average gallon of gas cost in today's dollar:$21.92/gal.
The total annual purchase of OPEC oil is 11% of imported or about 6.11 million b/d in 2021.

Which proves what stupid idiot evidently YOU and Biden are regarding oil prices!
You evidently weren't alive as I was and trying to find work in 1973 when
"The 1973 oil crisis or first oil crisis began in October 1973 when the members of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC), led by King Faisal of Saudi Arabia."
So YES when I was trying to find work and in 1976 unemployment was 7.8% and
an average gallon of gas cost in today's dollar:$21.92/gal.
The total annual purchase of OPEC oil is 11% of imported or about 6.11 million b/d in 2021.
In contrast OPEC nations exported nearly 20 mbd in 2021, and we still don't import much of that compared to what we used to.

In contrast OPEC nations exported nearly 20 mbd in 2021, and we still don't import much of that compared to what we used to.

I agree as these screen shot attests.
In 2021 due to Trump's federal land leases renewals as this shows, the USA exported MORE than was imported.
Biden ("I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” ) validates his guarantee by signing in Biden's first year,
just half as many leases as Trump did in his first year...AND nearly 11 times fewer than Trump did in Trump's 2nd year! Now Federal land leases are the ONLY direct way a president can affect gas prices directly, i.e. by reducing Federal land leases which Biden has done repeatedly. But it takes a couple of years before any Federal leases are explored and then less than half of explored land produces oil .
So the USA won't see any addition to oil production from Biden's 56 of the 113 signed leases being product until at least 2024. AND based on Biden's "guarantee" ... "There is no more drilling. I haven’t formed any new drilling."
You won't see any increase for sure in federal leases if Biden fulfills his "guarantee"!

FedOil_leasesbyPresj031323.png

SourceofUSoil031623.png

Forum List

Back