Kevin Durant to Suns for all the draft picks.

How many players outside the top 15 picks of the NBA draft have ended up being very good, let alone anywhere near as good as KD? The Suns with KD will be a playoff team every year which puts them outside that window until he's gone. Unlike the NFL you just dont see many good players let alone stars who aren't lottery picks. How many players drafted outside the top 15 who have been drafted in the past 3 years can you name who are stars on their team?

Correct
You can’t build an NBA team around low level draft picks

I got an even better one for you. Durant, Harden, and Westbrook. That Thunder team was stacked. And primed to go on a run..if not for three egos that couldn't find a way to win on the big stage.
I have no respect for any of these men. If Durant didn't go to GS, he'd still be ring less. :)
The issue in OCK was the spending cap and they couldn’t afford all three players so they had to part with one.

I got an even better one for you. Durant, Harden, and Westbrook. That Thunder team was stacked. And primed to go on a run..if not for three egos that couldn't find a way to win on the big stage.
I have no respect for any of these men. If Durant didn't go to GS, he'd still be ring less. :)
Agreed. He's Dwight Howard.

The Nets will win a Championship before the Suns do.
The only way the Nets win a title in the next 5-6 years is if they spend the draft capital they got from Dallas and Phoenix to trade for star players. It will not be through the draft.

The only way the Nets win a title in the next 5-6 years is if they spend the draft capital they got from Dallas and Phoenix to trade for star players. It will not be through the draft.
Oh...you mean not trade their entire draft for one player? Yeah...trading all of their draft picks for one player would be pretty stupid.

Name a super star player in the last 10 years who's won a chip on his own? Not Kobe, Not LeBron, Not Steph, Not Duncan, not even Jordon. Maybe Kawhi? Essentially you have to have at least 2 and more likely 3 Dudes to win an NBA championship. Might not have always been that way but it is now.

Oh...you mean not trade their entire draft for one player? Yeah...trading all of their draft picks for one player would be pretty stupid.
The Suns already had the other players to go with Durant dummy. (Ayton, Paul, Booker) Who are the Nets going to build around Ben Simmons? Again who do you think the Suns were going to get in the late 1st round that even remotely compares to KD's talent? Name anyone drafted outside of lottery picks who's anywhere close to KD's talent. Frankly you'll struggle to name many drafted as lottery picks who compare to his talent.

You think the Suns will be worse because they added one of the best players on the planet? But even if they are why should the league stop trades based on that fact?
With the Nets KD has 174 games out of 301 games as a Net. He is 34 years old and has been in the NBA for 17 seasons, he is still good but he is well past his prime and I doubt his injuries will lessen as he gets older. They May win now or maybe entice a free agent next year but the Suns have a small window, they will end up a lot like the Lakers in a couple years by having to rebuild, sooner rather than later.

With the Nets KD has 174 games out of 301 games as a Net. He is 34 years old and has been in the NBA for 17 seasons, he is still good but he is well past his prime and I doubt his injuries will lessen as he gets older. They May win now or maybe entice a free agent next year but the Suns have a small window, they will end up a lot like the Lakers in a couple years by having to rebuild, sooner rather than later.

They traded 4 POTENTIAL role players for a shot at a championship. That’s an easy trade. That’s all that’s drafted in the late 1st round POTENTIAL role players. The NBA isn’t the NFL where you can find talent all through the draft. The NBA cut their draft to 2 rounds in 89 because of that.

No... I did not.

Its about the Suns (the setting suns as we call them). This is up there with the Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades.
The NBA isnt the NFL. It's not the same with regard to the draft nor how individual players can affect the outcome of games/seasons.

They traded 4 POTENTIAL role players for a shot at a championship. That’s an easy trade. That’s all that’s drafted in the late 1st round POTENTIAL role players. The NBA isn’t the NFL where you can find talent all through the draft. The NBA cut their draft to 2 rounds in 89 because of that.
I’m am saying that they may win but KD is a falling star and they have a short window, they will be good now but they will pay down the line. Paul is 37, Durant 34, so the window is win now, not in two years, Paul will be gone and KD will be 36 and as injured as he has been, he will continue to see fewer minutes, he is still good but not like he was with the Warriors, it is win now and they leveraged the future. It’s not a bad trade they get KD for four years but he will probable miss 1;3 to 1/2 the games because of him being fragile.

BTW. Durant is averaging 30 a game.

I’m am saying that they may win but KD is a falling star and they have a short window, they will be good now but they will pay down the line. Paul is 37, Durant 34, so the window is win now, not in two years, Paul will be gone and KD will be 36 and as injured as he has been, he will continue to see fewer minutes, he is still good but not like he was with the Warriors, it is win now and they leveraged the future. It’s not a bad trade they get KD for four years but he will probable miss 1;3 to 1/2 the games because of him being fragile.

Why does everyone think teams are drafting star players outside the lottery picks? Because they arent. I'll ask you the same question that everyone else seems to keep ignoring. Name the star player drafted in the last 4-5 years outside the lottery picks. Just one.

Why does everyone think teams are drafting star players outside the lottery picks? Because they arent. I'll ask you the same question that everyone else seems to keep ignoring. Name the star player drafted in the last 4-5 years outside the lottery picks. Just one.
I'm saying that if Durant and Paul retire due to injuries the draft pick may become a lottery pick, I am not arguing your point.

I'm saying that if Durant and Paul retire due to injuries the draft pick may become a lottery pick, I am not arguing your point.
Potentially, I guess. I dont see KD retiring over the next 3 years though barring a catastrophic injury and even an older slightly compromised Durant is better than anyone you're going to pick up in the late 1st round IMO.

Here's the thing. The Suns were good enough to make the playoffs and thus keep them from getting any real talent from the draft but were not good enough to be a real contender for a title with the roster as it was configured. Their only 2 options were to blow it up and rebuild (and after signing Ayton I dont see how they do that) or go out and get a KD type super star and try and make a run at a title while you still have CP3 playing at a relatively high level and Booker under contract.

Forum List

Back