Kevin Durant to Suns for all the draft picks.

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. The Suns have thrown away too many 1st rounders for the rest of this decade. Durant is fragile and likely past his prime, they better win it all this year, or next. Durant won it all as a Warrior, but he never led a team to a championship.

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant to the Phoenix Suns in a blockbuster move, league sources confirmed to Yahoo Sports.

The Suns also will send forward Jae Crowder, who has not played this season after requesting a trade in the offseason, to the Nets, according to reports. Crowder could be part of an additional trade ahead of the deadline at 3 p.m. Thursday, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

The Suns also will send forward Jae Crowder, who has not played this season after requesting a trade in the offseason, to the Nets, according to reports. Crowder could be part of an additional trade ahead of the deadline at 3 p.m. Thursday, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

Brooklyn will also receive Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, four unprotected first-round draft picks in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 and a 2028 pick swap, according to ESPN.

TJ Warren is headed to Phoenix in the deal, as well.

After the Nets traded Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, Durant reportedly met with Brooklyn's front office to discuss "the direction of the franchise and its ability to be a championship contender." Apparently, those conversations were not fruitful.

This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. The Suns have thrown away too many 1st rounders for the rest of this decade. Durant is fragile and likely past his prime, they better win it all this year, or next. Durant won it all as a Warrior, but he never led a team to a championship.

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant to the Phoenix Suns in a blockbuster move, league sources confirmed to Yahoo Sports.

Brooklyn will also receive Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, four unprotected first-round draft picks in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 and a 2028 pick swap, according to ESPN.

After the Nets traded Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, Durant reportedly met with Brooklyn's front office to discuss "the direction of the franchise and its ability to be a championship contender." Apparently, those conversations were not fruitful.

First smart move I've seen Nets ownership make in years. Trade away your problem children, get some good picks, and start over. Just don't blow the picks.
You get rid of a chronic malcontent and an oft injured "star" who thinks he's all that.

Who's going to win the West now?

Lakers
Suns
Warriors
Dallas
Denver

It won't be the Lakers Denver or Warriors

So Suns or Dallas? Durant vs Kyrie. How exciting!

The Suns were never going to win a championship. Now they might. So it was a great move.

The Suns still won't win a championship. And just gave away the store for a guy that's already injured.
In a 7 game series for the West, right now, I'm taking the Mavs. And I believe Kyrie won't even be a factor in it.

So the Big Three who were supposed to bring championships to the Nets for years were a bust

Durant, Irving, Harden…….what could go wrong?

Three players who could not stay on the floor and had no desire to make the sacrifices to win championships

So the Nets are back in rebuild mode

So the Big Three who were supposed to bring championships to the Nets for years were a bust

Durant, Irving, Harden…….what could go wrong?

Three players who could not stay on the floor and had no desire to make the sacrifices to win championships

So the Nets are back in rebuild mode
I got an even better one for you. Durant, Harden, and Westbrook. That Thunder team was stacked. And primed to go on a run..if not for three egos that couldn't find a way to win on the big stage.
I have no respect for any of these men. If Durant didn't go to GS, he'd still be ring less. :)

That would be cool but I doubt it. I hope I am surprised and they win.

Sure will be better than Lebron, Durant, Harden, or Kyree won.

Hell now I'm even rooting for the Warriors.

Hopefully Boston is ready to win. Or Yianni wins again.

How many teams has this "all world" player played for? If he was that good, he wouldn't change teams so often.

Even if he was the best thing since sliced bread, he could get injured tomorrow. Silly and stupid move by he Suns.

Really, at some point the League should step in and nullify/disallow trades like this.

To be honest, upon further review, this acquisition makes the Suns the clear favorite to win the West, can Paul and Durant gel together? (yes, they can) So Devin Booker is the equal of Kyrie Irving, and he is high character versus low character, that's a win for Durant, now he also has Chris Paul to be the leader and he doesn't have to deal with that, he can just score. If he is unleashed in the desert, it's a good bet the Suns win the Western Conference.

The Warriors. Best team in the west by far. The only team that can beat the Celtics.
I don't think so this year. For some reason it seems like they lost it.

But I do count them as a top contender.

Lakers now have a couple guys who can score the 3 and that will make AD and Lebron more open.

I've never been more excited about the NBA. These trades have changed everything.

Before Irving left I thought the Nets might win the east.

I told my dad no one is talking about Yianni. I think you are all sleeping on Yianni assuming Boston is going to the finals. I don't see a lot of Bucks games on tv this year. My dad says they do put them on national games but I'm telling him not nearly as much. Now forget about it. It will be all Lakers, Suns and Dallas from here on out.

What about Harden and Imbeed? Maybe they will win it all this year.

I would really like the Bucks to win it all and shut everyone up.

Wow, as the trade news shakes out, it was a three team trade that also happened, between the Timberwolves, Lakers, and Utah Jazz. Ainge is trading down in Utah, and agreed to take Westbrook from the Lakers. He is reportedly going to be released today or tomorrow. It was reported he was bringing so much bad energy to the Laker locker room that if he could not have been traded, he would have been benched for the rest of the season. Lakers get D'Angelo Russell from the Jazz, I think he started out as a Laker, not sure. Sounds like it's the end of Russell Westbrook, amazing talent, bad teammate.

The Warriors. Best team in the west by far. The only team that can beat the Celtics.
And I would have agreed, right until Steph Curry got injured and became a question mark.
That being said, if it's a rematch, I'm gonna give it to the Celts this year. They learned.

Forum List

Back