Slavery Reparations Sought In First Black Lives Matter Agenda

You knew this was coming.

This is the first time these black-led organizations linked to the decentralized Black Lives Matter movement have banded together to write a comprehensive foundational policy platform.

A coalition affiliated with the anti-racism Black Lives Matter movement called for criminal justice reforms and reparations for slavery in the United States among other demands in its first policy platform released on Monday.

The six demands and roughly 40 policy recommendations touch on topics ranging from reducing U.S. military spending to safe drinking water. The groups aim to halt the “increasingly visible violence against Black communities,” the Movement for Black Lives said in a statement.

The agenda was released days before the second anniversary of the slaying of unarmed black teen Michael Brown by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Brown’s death, along with other fatal police shootings of unarmed black men over the past two years, fueled a national debate about racial discrimination in the U.S. criminal justice system.

It's about time they got organized so people will stop blaming them for every crazed anarchist and murderer who tries flying under their banner.

My great grandfather came from the Ukraine, my other great grandfather came from Ireland. Neither enslaved your relatives.

Go fuck yourselves.

Oh and by the way the first slaves in America were Irish and Brits.

So go double fuck yourselves.
You had four great grandfathers, not two.
Oh and by the way, there was never a law making anyone "Irish" or "Brit" because they were 1/16 that blood. The "Irish" and "Brit" descendants weren't forbidden by law to learn to read and write. The Irish and Brits were sent as forced labor by the government for crimes (or so-called) in the 1600's and early 1700's. They weren't slaves in the institutionalized sense.

Let's all be honest for once.
Negroes are the world's 'Special Needs' race.
Always have been always will be.
No one honestly expects an entire race with an average IQ in the low eighties to compete with other races with average IQs in the triple digits. Unless it a competition based how how fast you can run and how high you can jump.
We all just need to go about the business of living decent honorable hardworking productive lives and be always ready to give our global 'Special Needs' race whatever they need to 'get the day in'.
I'll give ten bucks to the first inner city negro thug who can name all '57' States.

We are all created equal. The difference is the way your mother and father raised you and your education.

We are all created equal. The difference is the way your mother and father raised you and your education.
So you do not believe the social scientists who have been studying IQs among different races?
How odd they all 100% come to the same conclusion.
(Guess they are all a bunch of 'racists' right?)
racial IQ bell curve - Google Search
IQ only predicts academic success. There is ample evidence that as blacks leave the ghetto and poverty, the IQ rises over the generations. It is as much about environment and child rearing practices as it is about "race."

They better watch what they wish for.
If they were given reparations they might not have any more excuses for their failures.

So you do not believe the social scientists who have been studying IQs among different races?
How odd they all 100% come to the same conclusion.
(Guess they are all a bunch of 'racists' right?)
racial IQ bell curve - Google Search
IQ only predicts academic success. There is ample evidence that as blacks leave the ghetto and poverty, the IQ rises over the generations. It is as much about environment and child rearing practices as it is about "race."
I agree with this.

Plus while I was in the military I worked with many African Americans that were very intelligent. Working avionics on f-16s you have to have a certain level of IQ and intelligence. I worked along side all races. All equally smart. It's all about upbringing and education. That's my opinion anyway others can have their own opinion, it's a free country.

I think Americans might support government stipends for having some watermelon slices thrown into a KFC value meal, but not much else. People are done in America with the black victimhood stuff......40 years of getting more and more free shit and its always what they haven't gotten yet. Nobody is caring........but it is pretty hysterical tho be thinking of these meatheads really sitting around thinking this reparations stuff is coming!!:coffee:

You knew this was coming.

This is the first time these black-led organizations linked to the decentralized Black Lives Matter movement have banded together to write a comprehensive foundational policy platform.

A coalition affiliated with the anti-racism Black Lives Matter movement called for criminal justice reforms and reparations for slavery in the United States among other demands in its first policy platform released on Monday.

The six demands and roughly 40 policy recommendations touch on topics ranging from reducing U.S. military spending to safe drinking water. The groups aim to halt the “increasingly visible violence against Black communities,” the Movement for Black Lives said in a statement.

The agenda was released days before the second anniversary of the slaying of unarmed black teen Michael Brown by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Brown’s death, along with other fatal police shootings of unarmed black men over the past two years, fueled a national debate about racial discrimination in the U.S. criminal justice system.

If they really want reparations.....they need to sue the democrat party.....and force them to dissolve all of their assets...since the democrats owned the slaves........

I don't know about reparations. Maine gave a LOT of land to the Native Americans and it has certainly helped them economically and given them more self-respect. But what would be "fair" reparations for African Americans? Money to individuals or some kind of major investment to them as a group that they can continue to use to fund improvements to the race as a whole?

I don't know about reparations. Maine gave a LOT of land to the Native Americans and it has certainly helped them economically and given them more self-respect. But what would be "fair" reparations for African Americans? Money to individuals or some kind of major investment to them as a group that they can continue to use to fund improvements to the race as a whole?

We've been doing that since the mid-1960s. We've dumped trillions into programs, had judges force things like busing and redistricting, forced employers to hire blacks solely based on color, put poor people in good neighborhoods, giving sweetheart loans and grants, massive welfare payments, and so on.

Slavery was a bad deal, Jim Crow and the Black Codes were a bad deal, but those days are long gone. Sucks for the people who suffered under those things, but at some point we're just going to have to get over the past and tell everyone it's history, get off your ass and make your own future and if you fail, it's on you.

Forum List

Back