Since we are slashing the corporate tax rate by15%

Allows us to cut more taxes on billionaires

Boot the illegals, let the market increase wages for low skilled Americans.
Capitalists make more money off of illegals

I know, screw those capitalists, deport all the illegal aliens.
If you arrested the capitalists, the jobs would dry up overnight

You don't need to arrest the capitalists in order to deport the illegals.

A lot easier than building a stupid wall

Arresting illegals is like herding cats
Imprison a dozen employers and watch the jobs dry up

by Infringing upon Individual Liberty and natural rights?

Only right wingers, do that (especially when no guns are involved).

Does that mean Republicans will now support raising the minimum wage?

Can't say they can't afford it
I am all for raising the minimum wage, I think all companies will have to do it to compete. I am not so much fond of the government arbitrary forcing the minimum wage to be raised. One way to raise the minimum wage is for a person to get an education or training. And not training in how to flip a burger, those jobs are going fast.

You assume there are tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had if only they had more training

There aren't

All societies need menial labor
There are better jobs, the one I retired from and now work for again has hired many replacements for those retiring. People ask me how can they get hired. Well it changed since the day I got hired. I tell them EXACTLY what to do and how to do it. But they don't listen. They take a low paying job because it is easy and then they are envious of those who did listen.

BTW, better paying then what? Minimum wage?
There are not tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had

College graduates are not even getting good paying jobs...what chance does an unskilled laborer have

Our society used to pay unskilled workers a wage they could support themselves on. Now they need government support

College graduates who take degrees in "boring" things like accounting, engineering, and tech are doing just fine.

it's the soft degrees that lead to your overeducated barista stereotype.

The unskilled use to make by on far less than they do now, remember expenses have gone up as well, people didn't have cell phone bills, cable bills, and all the other costs of modern life. The idea was to improve yourself to the point where you were worth more, not make a career out of frying potatoes.

I am all for raising the minimum wage, I think all companies will have to do it to compete. I am not so much fond of the government arbitrary forcing the minimum wage to be raised. One way to raise the minimum wage is for a person to get an education or training. And not training in how to flip a burger, those jobs are going fast.

You assume there are tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had if only they had more training

There aren't

All societies need menial labor
There are better jobs, the one I retired from and now work for again has hired many replacements for those retiring. People ask me how can they get hired. Well it changed since the day I got hired. I tell them EXACTLY what to do and how to do it. But they don't listen. They take a low paying job because it is easy and then they are envious of those who did listen.

BTW, better paying then what? Minimum wage?
There are not tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had

College graduates are not even getting good paying jobs...what chance does an unskilled laborer have

Our society used to pay unskilled workers a wage they could support themselves on. Now they need government support

College graduates who take degrees in "boring" things like accounting, engineering, and tech are doing just fine.

it's the soft degrees that lead to your overeducated barista stereotype.

The unskilled use to make by on far less than they do now, remember expenses have gone up as well, people didn't have cell phone bills, cable bills, and all the other costs of modern life. The idea was to improve yourself to the point where you were worth more, not make a career out of frying potatoes.

Even graduating engineers and accountants are underpaid compared to what they made a decade ago

Sounds good, build a wall and imprison employers.

Can't say they can't afford it[/QUOTE
Republicans are for free market wages and prices. Freedom works best. If you want higher wages ship 30 million liberal illegals home and end highest liberal corporate tax in world that shipped 20 million jobs off-shore.

Why didn't your beloved Obama raise it?

I will tell you why. He was a warmongering corporatist...just like so many other D and R pols.

Congress, not POTUS passes laws. Had McConnell and the H. or Rep. speaker passed a minimum wage bill Obama would have signed it.

Why did you not take Civics [maybe you flunked it !!??].

They passed obozo care...so how come they didn't pass the national minimum wage to $95 bucks an hour?

I will tell you why. He was a warmongering corporatist...just like so many other D and R pols.

Congress, not POTUS passes laws. Had McConnell and the H. or Rep. speaker passed a minimum wage bill Obama would have signed it.

They passed obozo care...so how come they didn't pass the national minimum wage to $95 bucks an hour?

They reformed health care in America, minimum wage will be on the agenda in Jan. 2019.

The right wing complained too much Because the poor may benefit.

They reformed health care in America, minimum wage will be on the agenda in Jan. 2019.

And Santa will put a red rider B.B. gun under my Christmas tree...

Forum List

Back