Since we are slashing the corporate tax rate by15%

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Does that mean Republicans will now support raising the minimum wage?

Can't say they can't afford it

I am all for raising the minimum wage, I think all companies will have to do it to compete. I am not so much fond of the government arbitrary forcing the minimum wage to be raised. One way to raise the minimum wage is for a person to get an education or training. And not training in how to flip a burger, those jobs are going fast.

I am all for raising the minimum wage, I think all companies will have to do it to compete. I am not so much fond of the government arbitrary forcing the minimum wage to be raised. One way to raise the minimum wage is for a person to get an education or training. And not training in how to flip a burger, those jobs are going fast.

You assume there are tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had if only they had more training

There aren't

All societies need menial labor

Why didn't your beloved Obama raise it?

I will tell you why. He was a warmongering corporatist...just like so many other D and R pols.

I will tell you why. He was a warmongering corporatist...just like so many other D and R pols.
He was blocked by Republicans

Just like today

You assume there are tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had if only they had more training

There aren't

There are better jobs, the one I retired from and now work for again has hired many replacements for those retiring. People ask me how can they get hired. Well it changed since the day I got hired. I tell them EXACTLY what to do and how to do it. But they don't listen. They take a low paying job because it is easy and then they are envious of those who did listen.

BTW, better paying then what? Minimum wage?

There aren't

There are better jobs, the one I retired from and now work for again has hired many replacements for those retiring. People ask me how can they get hired. Well it changed since the day I got hired. I tell them EXACTLY what to do and how to do it. But they don't listen. They take a low paying job because it is easy and then they are envious of those who did listen.

There are not tens of millions of better paying jobs to be had

College graduates are not even getting good paying jobs...what chance does an unskilled laborer have

Our society used to pay unskilled workers a wage they could support themselves on. Now they need government support

There aren't

College graduates are not even getting good paying jobs...what chance does an unskilled laborer have

Our society used to pay unskilled workers a wage they could support themselves on. Now they need government support
Unskilled, and undereducated people never had a very good chance at being hired. Especially at jobs that require skills and education.

Are you saying that today's youth are too stupid to get educated or skilled? Or just to lazy?

There aren't

Unskilled, and undereducated people never had a very good chance at being hired. Especially at jobs that require skills and education.

Are you saying that today's youth are too stupid to get educated or skilled? Or just to lazy?

Not all jobs require advanced skills and not all workers are capable of obtaining advanced skills

We used to pay those workers a wage they could support themselves on

A judgmental post by a self righteous person. There must be a word or phrase to describe this form of hypocrisy/

There aren't

Huh ... not every society has a Congress!

Congress, not POTUS passes laws. Had McConnell and the H. or Rep. speaker passed a minimum wage bill Obama would have signed it.

Why did you not take Civics [maybe you flunked it !!??].

A judgmental post by a self righteous person. There must be a word or phrase to describe this form of hypocrisy/
there is a word for posting nothing but insult, but I won't post it.

How in the hell am I being hypocritical? Because I am for people making more money but not for the government forcing companies to pay them? YOU are more of a hypocrite and I am honest enough to tell you why, not like you.

You, representing all of the liberal left are all for open borders. People coming in taking low skill, low education jobs. Reducing competition for those jobs, thus the business owner can name their price. Then on the other hand you will scream that they should go against sound business practice and pay them an arbitrary minimum wage.

Next time you get you roof replaced, you will be a complete hypocrite if you do not accept the highest bid. Or should I say, more complete?

Forum List

Back